2019 Princess Half Marathon Weekend

Yay! What did you get? I'm making mine tonight and I'm hoping for:
Thursday: fly in that night - eat at the resort (All Star Movies)
Friday- Expo in the morning, then Hollywood Studios
Hollywood Brown Derby late lunch/early dinner
Saturday: 10K, quick nap and shower, then Epcot
Via Napoli early dinner
Sunday: Half marathon, nap and shower, then Magic Kingdom
dinner at Artist Point (which would be new to me!) or Be Our Guest because I never seem to get through a WDW trip without a stop there (I sure love that atmosphere).
I don't have too many opportunities for meals since, after Princess, we are going to be focused on Universal Studios, but I'm excited!

I haven't been to Artist Point for like 7 years, but last time I was there it was sooooooooooo good! We're going this year.

Our plans are:
Thursday - fly in midday, expo in the afternoon, no plans for dinner yet but somewhere not in the parks because we won't activate our park passes until Friday
Friday - 5K (just me), dinner at Jiko
Saturday - 10K (me and DH), dinner at Artist Point
Sunday - half (me and BFF), dinner at Be Our Guest

Disaster! Our TA was making our dining reservations this morning and discovered that Artist Point is closed the entire week of Princess. She said she suspects its for scheduled maintenance. What a bummer.

Any other suggestions for dinner close to Wilderness Lodge for Saturday night?

Artist Point is up in the air right now and can’t be booked past a certain date in the fall. Rumors are circling right now that it’s going to be turned into character dining. There’s discussions floating around disboards about it.

Disaster! Our TA was making our dining reservations this morning and discovered that Artist Point is closed the entire week of Princess. She said she suspects its for scheduled maintenance. What a bummer.

Any other suggestions for dinner close to Wilderness Lodge for Saturday night?
Oh shoot that is a bummer! I ended up reserving BOG dinner for the evening I was going to do Artist Point. . . you could do any of the resort restaurants around MK: CA Grill perhaps?

I got the other ones I wanted, so I'm happy about that! Good luck to those doing your ADRs tomorrow!

I received a survey to rate the support I received to my email to runDisney regarding the merchandise. I responded honestly and mentioned that I thought the response was vague. I also mentioned that I know most of the merchandise on the preorder page was available for purchase at the expo last year, and that I was curious about the passholder pin because they're usually only available to passholders, but anyone can buy them on the preorder page.

I was searching through the preorder page again, and I think it was this thread where someone had mentioned they didn't notice magnets on the preorder list. I noticed if you hover over the item descriptions with your mouse, a full item description comes up and quite a few of the bundles do actually include the mileage magnets. Here's a screenshot example (the first one is what you see just looking at the preorder items, the second includes the description list that comes up when you hover over the item):
Screen Shot 2018-08-26 at 11.11.03 AM.png Screen Shot 2018-08-26 at 11.11.17 AM.png

This might be old news, but I just noticed it today!

Artist Point is up in the air right now and can’t be booked past a certain date in the fall. Rumors are circling right now that it’s going to be turned into character dining. There’s discussions floating around disboards about it.

That’s what our TA told us :( She made everything else but said Artist Point isn’t taking any reservations. She said she suspected it was for remodeling.

ETA I totally forgot I already mentioned this earlier in the thread. LOL. Didn’t notice the quote at first. Sorry for the repeat comment.

Oh shoot that is a bummer! I ended up reserving BOG dinner for the evening I was going to do Artist Point. . . you could do any of the resort restaurants around MK: CA Grill perhaps?

I got the other ones I wanted, so I'm happy about that! Good luck to those doing your ADRs tomorrow!

We ended up doing Tony’s Town Square. We got an earlier reservation than we really wanted (5:50pm) but figured that if we’re in the park we can either stick around after or head back to the resort if we’re tired.

Ma's running 10k and Half-Marathon, we arrive on Feb 22 (Friday). Would it be a better idea to arrive on Feb 21 (Thursday) instead? Just thinking about the weather and how our flight could get cancelled...

p07jmt826ggbhx2x.png

al6ypv7dkvyue27u.png

Ma's running 10k and Half-Marathon, we arrive on Feb 22 (Friday). Would it be a better idea to arrive on Feb 21 (Thursday) instead? Just thinking about the weather and how our flight could get cancelled...

p07jmt826ggbhx2x.png

al6ypv7dkvyue27u.png

We are doing all three races and decided to arrive 2 days before; that way we can relax and enjoy the expo before it's non-stop. I feel like if we would only have the one day; I would constantly be worried about the weather and flight changes.

Yes it would be best.

Are there discounted park tickets available to runners? I remember there was when I did the SW Half at DL years ago, but I didn't see anything that mentioned it on the web site.

p07jmt826ggbhx2x.png

al6ypv7dkvyue27u.png
I agree arriving on Thursday gives you a slight buffer. You never know if a big storm will cancel flights- and then end up affecting yours! Where are you flying out of?

If you can I would definitely plan to arrive two days prior for peace of mind. Last year I ran the half on Sunday and had an early morning Friday flight that was randomly cancelled (no weather issues - a plane/mechanical issue). They rebooked me on an afternoon flight which ended up working out fine, but that’s exactly why I scheduled it the way I did in case something like that happened. If I didn’t have the cushion of the extra day between arrival and race day I would have been frazzled and it would have been a less than ideal afternoon/evening leading into a race the next day.

Artist Point has always had great food so I really hope it continues! And I have to say kudos to Disney for including the Evil Queen. People are always asking for villains so I think this is a good thing!

ETA: It says this winter so by Princess? Wonder when reservations will open?

I hope so!!! I’m going to keep stalking reservations.

Artist Point has always had great food so I really hope it continues! And I have to say kudos to Disney for including the Evil Queen. People are always asking for villains so I think this is a good thing!

ETA: It says this winter so by Princess? Wonder when reservations will open?

I hope so!!! I’m going to keep stalking reservations.

Same here my hubs asked when I was booking it LOL

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!