2019 Princess Half Marathon Weekend

Event Dates: February 21-24, 2019
  • Disney Princess 5K
  • Disney Princess Enchanted 10K
  • Disney Princess Half Marathon
  • Disney Fairy Tale Challenge (10K + Half Marathon)
  • runDisney Kids Races (13yo & under)
Registration On Sale: TBD

Early AP/DVC Registration: TBD

Proof of Time Submission Deadline: November 20, 2018
* This is only for Half Marathon & Challenge participants. *
  • If you believe you will finish the Half Marathon in less than 2:45 hours, proof of time is required for corral placement.
  • Proof of time must be provided from an officially timed race reflecting results after February 1, 2017 and must be from a 10K, 12K, 15K, 10-Mile, Half Marathon or Marathon.

Waivers:

HM & FTC Corrals:

Event Guide:

It's official!!!! Registration for the Princess Half is:

2019 Disney Princess Half Marathon Weekend presented by Children's Miracle Network Hospitals®

Event Dates: February 21 – 24, 2019
Early Registration (DVC) Opens: August 2, 2018 at noon ET/9 a.m. PT
General Registration Opens: August 7, 2018 at noon ET/9 a.m. PT

2019 Disney Princess Half Marathon Weekend presented by Children's Miracle Network Hospitals®

No early redistration for AP?

Aug 7 is the first day of school and I teach first grade! No setting them up to leave me alone to register at 9am on the first day-haha! Im soooooo thankful I went the travel agent route now that we have the sale dates!

“ As a result, soon Guests will register for races using their Disney account, creating a more seamless Disney experience.“

Well, anyone who knows anything about Disney IT and their brilliant website should feel great about that.

:rolleyes1:po_O

Though, sure, it’ll add some seamless frustration, right?

And I've got the days already on my dry-erase board, counting down until Registration opens. Yay!

Thanks! I’ve been at Universal all day. I’ll update the first post as soon as I can.

Hi all!
I am new to running and have never done a race before. I plan on running the Princess 5k in February as my first race. I’m super excited and a little nervous.
I have an AP so I’m hoping to sign up early and get registered on 8/2. Are there any tips to make sure I’m registered? Also any advice or tips for this super newbie is welcome:)
Thanks in advance!

Hi all!
I am new to running and have never done a race before. I plan on running the Princess 5k in February as my first race. I’m super excited and a little nervous.
I have an AP so I’m hoping to sign up early and get registered on 8/2. Are there any tips to make sure I’m registered? Also any advice or tips for this super newbie is welcome:)
Thanks in advance!

It’s an entirely new registration process this year. We are all waiting for the Virtual Summer and Marathon weekend to open so we can get an idea of what to expect. Just have a MyDisneyExperience account set up before registration day and be ready to go a few minutes before noon.

I'm planning on run the 1/2 marathon in February. It will be my first. I've done some 5K's and an 8k race, but now I'm trying to start building up some more distance in my runs. My DD22, and maybe DD15 may run with me. Thankfully we are DVC members and AP holders at the moment, so registration should be ok. It will be interesting to see how the new registration works out. I've already booked Wilderness Lodge Villas for the race weekend. Is that spot ok? I could try to change at the 7th month mark if another DVC is available closer to the race start. If anyone has any suggestions for 1/2 marathon training that you would recommend, I would love to hear them. I'm 48 years old and just started running before my 47th birthday, so really a running newbie.

@ErinC You're pretty much on a bus to the race start from almost any location on property, so there's really no reason to move. It's convenient and easy.

Princess 2017 was my first Half after I started running the year before at age 45. You have PLENTY of time to train. There are good training plans on the runDisney site from Jeff Galloway that use a run-walk method. Or, if you're looking to do continuous runs there are a plethora of Half training plans out there. Better yet, hit up @DopeyBadger for one of his custom plans!

I did my first ever run this past Saturday which was a 10k. I’m super excited to be doing the Princess 5k with my husband next February! Any big suggestions for beginner runner/fast walkers, or for our first run Disney event?

When submitting a proof of time, do they look at your stats based on chip time or gun time?

I noticed on a race results page that they list the chip time, gun time, and pace, but the pace is based on the gun time. When submitting a proof of time, would the pace based on gun time count against me? What exactly are they looking for?

When submitting a proof of time, do they look at your stats based on chip time or gun time?

I noticed on a race results page that they list the chip time, gun time, and pace, but the pace is based on the gun time. When submitting a proof of time, would the pace based on gun time count against me? What exactly are they looking for?

You submit your chip time and that's what is verified. They don't look at or care about gun time or pace from your previous race. They take the proof of time and your estimated pace range that you choose at registration to determine your corral placement.

You submit your chip time and that's what is verified. They don't look at or care about gun time or pace from your previous race. They take the proof of time and your estimated pace range that you choose at registration to determine your corral placement.
Perfect, thank you!

I've done the Star Wars Dark Side Weekend twice (just the half marathon last year, this year I did the challenge) and I'm gearing up to do all three races at the Princess Half Marathon weekend! For those crazy people like myself, especially those who have to travel a fairly considerable distance, when do you get to WDW? I'm planning on arriving on Thursday afternoon (about a 7 hour drive for me), is that enough time for me to acclimate?

I'll be staying on property so once I get there I'll be happily ensconced in my Disney bubble until I have to drive my sore and tired behind home Monday morning...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter