2019 Proposed DVC Annual Dues Increase Impact on DVC Rental Pricing

I disagree.

The bulk of the increase is housekeeping costs, not security cost increases (that's a separate line item). This has everything to do with wage increases and only plays a small part in the security theater of entering every villa daily to take a look around and remove trash. Did you even look at the breakdown of where the MFs go?

At VGF (for example): Security decreases to $0.0456 per point (was $0.0613 in 2018), insurance goes to $.0943 (was $0.0895 in 2018, a 5.3631% increase) and housekeeping rises to $1.4269 (it was $1.2007 in 2018, an 18.839% increase).

Numbers don't lie. It's the cost of housekeeping that is driving the increase in the dues.

Marionnette,
Please remind me - and us all - why they implemented ROOM CHECKS?
Was it not soon after the Las Vegas Shooting, where the guest had a lot of weapons and ammunition, occurred?
Security costs - whether direct or indirect - are a distinct rationale for the increased costs of park tickets, parking, dvc dues and everything else.

You are correct. Numbers do not lie. Increased insurance costs, increased public safety costs, etc. have led to increased costs for all of us.
Although, the alternative of not having the security apparatus in place could be more problematic. The Pulse shooter initially considered none other than
WDW but decided against it.

Disney pays off-duty county officers twice the minimum moonlighting rate to ensure that they are not getting, for lack of a better word, 'clock punchers.'

If you want lower costs, advocate for an end of the sale, promotion, and near worship of weapons of mass destruction and that may just reduce Airport port facility charges, hotel costs
and maybe even property taxes.

When someone's hobby contributes to decreased security and increased costs for the rest of us, it is time to act.

You can actually pre-pay your dues. If you don’t want to keep the cards laying around, just go to:

Dashboard>Dues>Pay my dues>Pay by contract

Yes, I have also done this, and made partial dues payments, in advance, on 3 different contracts. Now they will just deduct less each month, since I owe less.

When I first bought about 15 years ago dues were about $4 a point. And for years it was hard to get more than $10 for rental points. Things change.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!