2020 Epcot International Food and Wine Festival - Has Now Ended.

We are going to be at BCV for 12 nights in Sept and hopefully be spending a lot of time at the F&W festival! I really want to try the Party of the Senses and hope it will be offered sometime while we are there.

Do your dates extend into October? PFTS is typically offered in October. There is always a chance for it to start the last week of September or to extend into November

Do your dates extend into October? PFTS is typically offered in October. There is always a chance for it to start the last week of September or to extend into November
We are not, so it may be something to do on another trip. Thank you for the input.

We are not, so it may be something to do on another trip. Thank you for the input.

Depending on when your trip is in September, there's a chance PFTS is offered during your trip. The last few years they've had a party the second to last weekend of September. Not sure why they've been skipping the last weekend of September, wish they wouldn't since that's normally around when we go!

Depending on when your trip is in September, there's a chance PFTS is offered during your trip. The last few years they've had a party the second to last weekend of September. Not sure why they've been skipping the last weekend of September, wish they wouldn't since that's normally around when we go!
We’re heading there at the beginning of Sept.

Anyone else eagerly awaiting the announcement of the dates (or starting to stress about it.) I am planning a trip for the end of August, beginning of September right before Labor Day. Generally the Epcot Food and Wine Festival will be happening then, which makes me very happy, but everyday without an announcement stresses me out a bit. I want to start planning. :flower1:

Anyone else eagerly awaiting the announcement of the dates (or starting to stress about it.) I am planning a trip for the end of August, beginning of September right before Labor Day. Generally the Epcot Food and Wine Festival will be happening then, which makes me very happy, but everyday without an announcement stresses me out a bit. I want to start planning. :flower1:
Hopefully we're getting closer, dates were announced last year in April

I'm also eagerly awaiting the special event details (I know the come out a bit later than the Festival dates). I'll be there in the first half of October, so looking forward to seeing what events will be on during my dates. It'll be my first visit during F&W!

Anyone have any favourite events/demonstrations/seminars from prior years that they'd recommend? I'd love something cocktail focused if there's anything like that.

Eagerly waiting here too and looking forward to this year’s festival.

Last edited:
With so much of Epcot a hot mess right now, I really hope they'll go a bit big for the 25th to serve as an even bigger draw to the park. I'm hoping for some little special surprises for the anniversary. I'll be happy even if it's the same as always, but something a bit special would be extra fun!

We are hoping to go for the first time this year! We too are anxiously waiting for the dates to be announced! We are going the end of August into September.
Is one day at the festival enough? We are thinking of adding on another epcot day.

We'll be there October 30th to November 9th this year. Hopefully they actually offer a decent amount of special events but I'm aware that is unlikely based on the trend the past couple of years.

We will be there aug. 29-sept. 5. I want to say when we were there 7 years ago, the food and wine festival started later than these dates, but a phone CM said it usually starts at the end of August? If so, this will be our first chance to go.

We will be there aug. 29-sept. 5. I want to say when we were there 7 years ago, the food and wine festival started later than these dates, but a phone CM said it usually starts at the end of August? If so, this will be our first chance to go.
Disney has been moving the start date earlier over the last several years. I believe it was the 2018 Festival when the start date was moved to late August.

In the early years of the Festival, the event was only held on weekends in October. Then it expanded to the entire month of October, then dates in November were added, and now most of September is included.

In the inaugural year of the Festival (1996), the price of most menu items was $1 to $3 and the cost of Epcot admission was $42. Julia Child was one of guest presenters. There have been just a few changes since inaugural festival! :eek:

We'll be there October 30th to November 9th this year. Hopefully they actually offer a decent amount of special events but I'm aware that is unlikely based on the trend the past couple of years.
That's gong to be a busy time, since it's over race weekend. I don't think they increase the number of events, but they might schedule less because it'll be crowded.

That's gong to be a busy time, since it's over race weekend. I don't think they increase the number of events, but they might schedule less because it'll be crowded.
Oh I know about race weekend. My husband is running in it. I need to decide by tomorrow if I am.

I’m just talking about the general trend of less events. The signature dining events are gone. No more Japanese Beer Pairing. Vertical Wine Tastings gone. We’ve done certain events enough times that we don’t want to do them again so we just hope for something new.

Disney has been moving the start date earlier over the last several years. I believe it was the 2018 Festival when the start date was moved to late August.

In the early years of the Festival, the event was only held on weekends in October. Then it expanded to the entire month of October, then dates in November were added, and now most of September is included.

In the inaugural year of the Festival (1996), the price of most menu items was $1 to $3 and the cost of Epcot admission was $42. Julia Child was one of guest presenters. There have been just a few changes since inaugural festival! :eek:

Well then that makes sense because I really thought it started in October. Thank you

I've been completely let down by DLR f&w events this year so I'm really looking forward to the Epcot events.. All the money budgeted for signature culinary demos for DLR is going to be spent at WDW, just hope there's something good!

I've been completely let down by DLR f&w events this year so I'm really looking forward to the Epcot events.. All the money budgeted for signature culinary demos for DLR is going to be spent at WDW, just hope there's something good!
If you're referring to the signature events that were held at the WDW Resorts, none of those were offered last year. All of the special events last year were only held at Epcot. WDW has made reductions in the number and types of culinary demonstrations over the last several years. Most of the culinary demonstrations are now hosted by chefs from WDW restaurants. Disney does not bring in chefs from other regions and countries as in past years.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!