2020 Epcot International Food and Wine Festival - Has Now Ended.

If you're referring to the signature events that were held at the WDW Resorts, none of those were offered last year. All of the special events last year were only held at Epcot. WDW has made reductions in the number and types of culinary demonstrations over the last several years. Most of the culinary demonstrations are now hosted by chefs from WDW restaurants. Disney does not bring in chefs from other regions and countries as in past years.

And if you're referring to the low cost (about $15) culinary demos, weren't they only held on weekends last year? If I remember, that's why I didn't go to any-Epcot is crazy busy on weekends during the F&W, so I always avoid going there then.

And if you're referring to the low cost (about $15) culinary demos, weren't they only held on weekends last year? If I remember, that's why I didn't go to any-Epcot is crazy busy on weekends during the F&W, so I always avoid going there then.
Yes, only on Friday & Saturday. Only one demo was held each day and I believe the cost increased to $19 per demo. I wouldn't be surprised if they are not offered at all this year.

If you're referring to the signature events that were held at the WDW Resorts, none of those were offered last year. All of the special events last year were only held at Epcot. WDW has made reductions in the number and types of culinary demonstrations over the last several years. Most of the culinary demonstrations are now hosted by chefs from WDW restaurants. Disney does not bring in chefs from other regions and countries as in past years.

To be fair (and I think you would agree) those events had declined in attendance so they were removed. I'm sure you can attribute some of it to the price increases.

To be fair (and I think you would agree) those events had declined in attendance so they were removed. I'm sure you can attribute some of it to the price increases.
Oh yes, no doubt that Disney has killed the culinary demos and beverage seminars with price increases and the decline of the presentations. The price that Disney was charging the exhibitors also increased dramatically from what I understand. At one time, there was no charge for the demos and beverage seminars. When they started charging, the price was low, $3 to $5. I really hate it as the demos were my favorite part of the festival.

Oh yes, no doubt that Disney has killed the culinary demos and beverage seminars with price increases and the decline of the presentations. The price that Disney was charging the exhibitors also increased dramatically from what I understand. At one time, there was no charge for the demos and beverage seminars. When they started charging, the price was low, $3 to $5. I really hate it as the demos were my favorite part of the festival.

Sadly, that's pretty much my take on it. I guess I got spoiled the first year I went. It was in 2008, the last year of FREE. It was pouring rain in Epcot, so I ducked into the Festival center and spent the afternoon running from culinary demo to culinary demo. Free food and wine, and as an added bonus I got to see culinary demos from a couple chefs I've seen on Food Network-Keegan Gerhardt and Kent Rashburn (I think that's his name-he's from Dallas).

We still enjoy the noon food and wine programs.
Really liked the culinary demos and beverage seminars. Last year, they still had beverage seminars, but the price had increased again. The few we went to were far from full, unlike in the past.

I wonder if there will be a Food and Wine Festival this year. With Walt Disney World currently closed down, there's no one to plan and coordinate all of the events for the festival.

I wonder if there will be a Food and Wine Festival this year. With Walt Disney World currently closed down, there's no one to plan and coordinate all of the events for the festival.

I seriously doubt that Disney execs at that level aren't still on the job, at home at their PCs perhaps, gaming out what to do when this runs it's course, whenever that may be. They have to be ready to respond quickly to re-open and resume whatever was to happen on that date as previously scheduled. Disney, all across it's corporate structure, will be keen to start having the $$ resume rolling in. They're not sitting on their hands, waiting for the day to come.

Bill From PA

Just because the day-to-day operations of WDW are shuttered doesn't mean that the people behind the scenes that do the planning aren't working.

Whether or not F&W happens this year is less dependent on people being able to plan and coordinate (as PP mentioned, that's all office level work and those folks are not furloughed, most if not all of that can be done from a computer and a phone). I'd say it's far more dependent on the state of the pandemic and the precautions that will be needed. It's impossible to speculate now what August or September will look like.

I agree that it's almost impossible to predict what September will bring at this point. I absolutely love the festival but I'm thinking that between the likely continued physical distancing guidance as well as potential for another wave of the virus in the fall that I'd almost rather they cancel it this year :sad1: and then do the 25th anniversary of the festival "right" next year with all the bells, whistles, special events etc. that it deserves. Again, pretty much impossible to forecast right now. I am hopeful that everything turns out better than it's looking right now and that we're all back eating and drinking around the World soon. Hope everyone is taking care of themselves. :goodvibes

BTW, I just noticed on the food blog that .38 Special has been added to the Eat to the Beat concert series in the last few days, I check almost daily, so the planning goes on.

Bill From PA

I hope that is not the case! DH are headed there for our 25th anniversary. First time at a deluxe villa and lots of ADRs!

BTW, I just noticed on the food blog that .38 Special has been added to the Eat to the Beat concert series in the last few days, I check almost daily, so the planning goes on.

Bill From PA
What food blog do you watch for information ?? Thanks

There seems to be a rumor that Big Bad Voodoo Daddy may be performing in early September. Rats! That's one band I'd love to see, but I keep missing them.

There seems to be a rumor that Big Bad Voodoo Daddy may be performing in early September. Rats! That's one band I'd love to see, but I keep missing them.
They are, in Sept for 3 dates, I checked their website last week. Caught them 3 years ago and hoped to see them this Oct, in the past they were usually near the end of F&W.

Bill From PA

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter