2020 runDisney Virtual Summer Series

Obviously it doesn't explicitly say this will be moved but it very well could be. Someone mentioned elsewhere that they may be giving time for refunds to get out before moving forward with any registration.
That makes sense. I was wondering if they may have supply chain issues getting the medals since they are made in China. That could affect things too.

I guess the registration changes are affecting this too. The website was changed on the virtual run page to say the same thing, no longer March 24. :(

Damn. This is the thing that could keep Run Disney afloat but even this could fall through due to supply chain issues. :oops:

Now that in-person races seem to not be a possibility for a while, I was thinking about the virtuals. But honestly, I wouldn't be super surprised if they were canceled. I'm fortunate enough to still be working full-time (just from home), but many people right now have reduced hours or are out of work and I'm not sure about the optics of "hey guys, we know the economy is struggling and many of you don't have jobs and can't pay your bills, but please register for our virtual race."

I'm hoping I'm wrong and they'll still have them just with a later registration date, but we'll see.

Now that in-person races seem to not be a possibility for a while, I was thinking about the virtuals. But honestly, I wouldn't be super surprised if they were canceled. I'm fortunate enough to still be working full-time (just from home), but many people right now have reduced hours or are out of work and I'm not sure about the optics of "hey guys, we know the economy is struggling and many of you don't have jobs and can't pay your bills, but please register for our virtual race."

I'm hoping I'm wrong and they'll still have them just with a later registration date, but we'll see.
I mean... the optics would be really bad if they were a grocery store gouging food prices, but Disney has always been entertainment/non-essential so I don’t really see it being *that* problematic. Their stock took a dramatic drop just like the rest of the market and they need to make money somehow. They’ve promised to still pay their employees during all this, so a virtual race, which requires very minimal effort for them, seems like a no-brainer to me.

Silly question, but when sign up opens, if I want to register for the challenge do I have to register for each race first or just the challenge and that registers you for all runs? I’m thinking I just have to register for the challenge but wanted to make sure. I’m worried it will sell out super fast. TIA!

Silly question, but when sign up opens, if I want to register for the challenge do I have to register for each race first or just the challenge and that registers you for all runs? I’m thinking I just have to register for the challenge but wanted to make sure. I’m worried it will sell out super fast. TIA!
Was supposed to open today at 10 but it’s been delayed indefinitely I believe

I think it's too bad that they didn't open this up. Easy revenue, I would think, and something for rD fans to enjoy while everything Disney is shut down. They could have delayed sending medals for all I care.

I think it's too bad that they didn't open this up. Easy revenue, I would think, and something for rD fans to enjoy while everything Disney is shut down. They could have delayed sending medals for all I care.
Agreed hell I was just going to initially do August but with my May race being indefinitely postponed and my summer series most likely canceled I would of done the series

My guess is they have no idea right now when they might get the swag, and with more people being ordered to shelter in place, it's just not the right time.

My guess is they have no idea right now when they might get the swag, and with more people being ordered to shelter in place, it's just not the right time.
I’m sure it’s that and not staffing right now to deal with registration.

But I think most would be fine getting the swag later. It would have been a nice diversion to offer their fans if they could have pulled it together.

I’m sure it’s that and not staffing right now to deal with registration.

But I think most would be fine getting the swag later. It would have been a nice diversion to offer their fans if they could have pulled it together.

Ha! You’ve obviously never been around one of the bigger Facebook groups as a virtual event winds down. The “why haven’t I gotten my medal yet?” post fly fast, hard and vitriolic!

Ha! You’ve obviously never been around one of the bigger Facebook groups as a virtual event winds down. The “why haven’t I gotten my medal yet?” post fly fast, hard and vitriolic!
This is a pandemic. I think it warrants an exception that hopefully most people wouldn't be too stupid to understand. :)

This is a pandemic. I think it warrants an exception that hopefully most people wouldn't be too stupid to understand. :)

I agree with you in theory. However, the post on Facebook asking if people have gotten their Star Wars Virtual medals before the event has even finished with 161 responses disagrees with you in practice! :)

Pandemic or no, you can expect a ton of complaints that “I did this to keep myself and my kids motivated during the pandemic. Why can’t Disney even get me my medals on time!?” It’s only going to get worse as cabin fever sets in as things drag on.

I agree with you in theory. However, the post on Facebook asking if people have gotten their Star Wars Virtual medals before the event has even finished with 161 responses disagrees with you in practice! :)

Pandemic or no, you can expect a ton of complaints that “I did this to keep myself and my kids motivated during the pandemic. Why can’t Disney even get me my medals on time!?” It’s only going to get worse as cabin fever sets in as things drag on.
People complain no matter what. No way to avoid that.

even outside of virtual you have to be careful. Atc is Doing registration for Peachtree in July right now. Normally they push it hard with daily reminders. They have stayed they are not doing that this year. Just a few gentle reminders during the period.

so yeah lots of companies and groups have to be careful of optics.

i do also think if conditions are such that Atc can put on Peachtree on July 4th safely with 60k runners that that will be very good optics.

It just sucks that the theme park virtual and villains wine and dine probably/possibly be cancelled I really hope those themes carry over into 2021

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!