2020 runDisney Virtual Summer Series

Last of the set today! Woo!

I did my series out of order because I was aiming to do them on the "opening day" of each attraction, which meant that Space Mountain was first and Mad Tea second lol

No medals for me either. Probably tomorrow....just cause. :laughing:

Curious: those that got your medals already.... were they singles or the challenge?

I did my series out of order because I was aiming to do them on the "opening day" of each attraction, which meant that Space Mountain was first and Mad Tea second lol

Curious: those that got your medals already.... were they singles or the challenge?
I know the influencer/imagineer I follow did series

Congrats to those who have finished the challenge already. I'm a month behind in this year's challenge. I work in a hospital outside of Chicago, so my June was still total crazy time. I just finished race #2 today. I'll make it!

Woo! You can do it!!! :thumbsup2 *ChEAR squad pom poms* :cheer2:

Thank you for all you do for your community. I'm sure they appreciate you very much. Stay safe out there. :)

I already received my challenge medals.

I'm a "K" and haven't received any medals. Daughter is a "W" and nothing yet either.

Just curious, did you have to submit your times / distances to get your medals? I registered for the challenge but could never find anyplace to fill out a submittal for having done the events. Same for my daughter.
Disney Virtual Races are personal honor system. No need to submit times. The medals will just show up in the mail one day.

Just curious, did you have to submit your times / distances to get your medals? I registered for the challenge but could never find anyplace to fill out a submittal for having done the events. Same for my daughter.
I signed up and the medals showed up. Nothing else. They have never tried to verify any virtual race I have done through them, including the 2018 Star Wars Virtual Half which had the Kessel Run medal attached to it provided I finished the 2018 Star Wars Dark Side Half Marathon at Walt Disney World.
Disney Virtual Races are personal honor system. No need to submit times. The medals will just show up in the mail one day.
Exactly. In 2018, my nephew was obsessed with The Incredibles especially Dash and Jack-Jack. Since both of them were on the virtual summer series 5K medal for August, I registered him for that race as a birthday present in late July. We decided that I would do the race with him. Weeks passed. I never submitted anything. In late September, his medal arrived and we did it then.

Until they say otherwise, runDisney awards the medal for virtual races merely by signing up and paying the registration fee. It's up to you to do the distance. In fact for the Star Wars Virtual Half, they very clearly state that the 13.1 miles do not have to be run consecutively. You can do them in 90 minutes, you can do them over 90 days. Or not at all, but there's no benefit in that.

I signed up and the medals showed up. Nothing else. They have never tried to verify any virtual race I have done through them, including the 2018 Star Wars Virtual Half which had the Kessel Run medal attached to it provided I finished the 2018 Star Wars Dark Side Half Marathon at Walt Disney World.
Exactly. In 2018, my nephew was obsessed with The Incredibles especially Dash and Jack-Jack. Since both of them were on the virtual summer series 5K medal for August, I registered him for that race as a birthday present in late July. We decided that I would do the race with him. Weeks passed. I never submitted anything. In late September, his medal arrived and we did it then.

Until they say otherwise, runDisney awards the medal for virtual races merely by signing up and paying the registration fee. It's up to you to do the distance. In fact for the Star Wars Virtual Half, they very clearly state that the 13.1 miles do not have to be run consecutively. You can do them in 90 minutes, you can do them over 90 days. Or not at all, but there's no benefit in that.

Thanks. I've done a lot of the RunDisney events at DLR & WDW but this is my first Virtual. I do 3 to 4 miles per day, 4 days per week, so distance is not the issue. Was just curious why some were getting medals already and wasn't sure if I had missed something.

"One day" being the operative words. ;)

I don’t understand this feeling that RunDisney is somehow slow or delinquent with the delivery of virtual medals. They generally state on the site that medals will be delivered after completion of event timeframes and to allow up to 30 days past to receive them. Yet when they go above and beyond that and start shipping the medals out early, people start complaining about not receiving them early enough. They literally can’t win.

I don’t understand this feeling that RunDisney is somehow slow or delinquent with the delivery of virtual medals. They generally state on the site that medals will be delivered after completion of event timeframes and to allow up to 30 days past to receive them. Yet when they go above and beyond that and start shipping the medals out early, people start complaining about not receiving them early enough. They literally can’t win.
My concern is we don't know when they're shipped. There's no shipping notification and no tracking. The medals don't fit through my mail slot, and therefore will get left on the ground. We've had porch pirates in my area on and off. Not being able to plan to be around to receive the package makes me nervous, which is why I try to determine when others start receiving them and why i.e. alphabetical shipping maybe, single races vs. challenge, yada yada...

I have not received my medals yet either. I wasn't expecting them until closer to September. Surprised people are getting them already.

I"m an O last name and also signed up a bit later than some people (all the other races were sold out, I'm doing the 3 race challenge)

My concern is we don't know when they're shipped. There's no shipping notification and no tracking. The medals don't fit through my mail slot, and therefore will get left on the ground. We've had porch pirates in my area on and off. Not being able to plan to be around to receive the package makes me nervous, which is why I try to determine when others start receiving them and why i.e. alphabetical shipping maybe, single races vs. challenge, yada yada...

They’re typically shipped via FedEx, so if you sign up for a free FedEx account you’ll get notification of a shipment coming to you from Halo Branded Solutions in Orlando when your medal(s) ship.

Yet when they go above and beyond that and start shipping the medals out early, people start complaining about not receiving them early enough. They literally can’t win.

I guess the wink face didn't do enough to express the teasing nature of my comment....

I'm not complaining at all. I expect them in September; I am curious because others have received them already. There's a difference. :)

Also: medal shipping has nothing to do with rD, but rather the company they contract the medals from. Shipping sucks right now. They use SmartPost (even worse). There's many factors at play.

No medals for me yet either, but my building also doesn't give me package notifications, so they might be in the package room for all I know (I'll ask tomorrow).
I'm super excited to see the medals whenever they come and I hope I love them as much as I love the pictures.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter