2020: Time to see the West Coast (but still find time to go to Orlando too)! complete 10/22

They did but they gave me such a hard time about it! I literally had to tell the woman on the phone that I'm an ER nurse working with COVID patients and could infect their hotel and then have her get a supervisor. :confused3 :confused3 And literally the hotel was like $60 a night so I wasn't gonna lose that much money but it was the principle of the matter to me,

good for you! Cause *** people!!

I know I’m losing hope all the time even for June!

July Back Up Trip

At this point, I've accepted that there's a good chance that our May trip won't happen.

We aren't canceling yet- still playing it by ear. But, we're booking a backup trip just in case.

So our backup plan is a fourth of July trip!

I know it will be hot and crazy crowded but I've wanted to go for the 4th for a while and now seems like the perfect time.

I was able to book a decent passholder rate at Pop Century from July 1-8.

Our Universal seasonal APs are blocked out for July unless something changes, it'll be a Disney only trip.

I'm tempted to do a day at Seaworld since it's been forever since I've been and Mike and I have never been together.

I want to try to make the trip a more "chill" trip since, at the rate we're both working, we're gonna need it. Plus it'll be crowded so I don't think it'll be the type of trip to try to do everything.

I'm working on laying out a rough plan and here's what we're looking at:

7/1: Fly in, relax at the pool, monorail and/or skyliner bar crawl, MK for Happily Ever After

7/2: Hollywood Studios AM, DS at night for Cirque du Soleil (have to find out what's going to happen with tickets purchased for May)

7/3: MK

7/4: breakfast/brunch reservation, Epcot for special character meets, H20 glow nights at Typhoon Lagoon

7/5: Seaworld?

7/6: AK

7/7: HS/Epcot split

7/8: open morning/ fly home

Ir's hard to make any concrete plans these days but planning for things to return to any kind of normal state, including going back to my happy place is what gets me through so we'll see what happens.

Yay! We'll be there July 2-10! We had this planned long ago but it sounds like we are going to have a lot more company down there now. That's fine with me as long as we can all get back to our happy place :love:

Ir's hard to make any concrete plans these days but planning for things to return to any kind of normal state, including going back to my happy place is what gets me through so we'll see what happens.

I have dining reservations and a rough idea of park days, but nothing set in stone. Of course, our FP day will be fast approaching, so I'll need to nail this down soon! We do have the MK Dessert Party booked for 7/3.

Ugh girl I'm so sorry about the May trip!

I keep holding out hope that things will get better soon.

Overall July plans look good! Hopefully at a minimum you’ll get some Good flight deals and I know you think it will be crowded, but I’m just not so sure....

Ugh I'm sorry about May :( I was really hoping things would start functioning by then but it's starting to seem unlikely. Good idea to have a July backup trip, especially since you've always wanted to do a 4th of July trip!

It's hard to assume what crowds will be like when the parks will reopen. I'm just crossing my fingers that things will even be open for the summer!

At this point, I've accepted that there's a good chance that our May trip won't happen.
I think that's a pretty fair assumption. Unfortunate... but... I can't see this all clearing up in a month.

Fingers crossed, though.
I sure hope that goes!
I'm tempted to do a day at Seaworld since it's been forever since I've been and Mike and I have never been together.
Oh, man... I haven't been to SeaWorld since... the 90s.
:hug:
I've heard a few people make the same comment.

I have been thinking about you with being a nurse. I am glad to hear you are doing good.

We are going in August. I have stopped all planning for it at this point. We have dinning reservations but nothing else. I know it is early for FP's but not even looking at a plan for them yet. I haven't been to the Parks in 4 years. We did a cruise 2 years ago. I am so bummed thinking we might have to cancel.

I hope that one of those trips happens for you! I've also been finding it hard to plan, because I don't know if some of our trips will happen. I'm starting to think things may not be open by May too, but I bet the 4th of July week might be less crowded than usual.

Yay! We'll be there July 2-10! We had this planned long ago but it sounds like we are going to have a lot more company down there now. That's fine with me as long as we can all get back to our happy place :love:

Oo yay :love: ! I've accepted that we'll probably be dealing with crazy crowds but that's ok with me too.

I have dining reservations and a rough idea of park days, but nothing set in stone. Of course, our FP day will be fast approaching, so I'll need to nail this down soon! We do have the MK Dessert Party booked for 7/3.

We have the dessert party booked on the 3rd too! Which one are you guys doing? We have the Plaza garden viewing booked.

I keep holding out hope that things will get better soon.

Me too :( :(

Overall July plans look good! Hopefully at a minimum you’ll get some Good flight deals and I know you think it will be crowded, but I’m just not so sure....

There's some pretty cheap flights on United right now but I'm gonna hold off for now because who knows what else could change by then!

I feel like it's either gonna be crazy crowded because everyone wants to go or it's gonna be emptier than usual because of all the chaos.

Ugh I'm sorry about May :( I was really hoping things would start functioning by then but it's starting to seem unlikely. Good idea to have a July backup trip, especially since you've always wanted to do a 4th of July trip!

I was hoping so too but everything is still so crazy that I don't think so either.

It's hard to assume what crowds will be like when the parks will reopen. I'm just crossing my fingers that things will even be open for the summer!

So true. It's hard to know what to expect right now.

I think that's a pretty fair assumption. Unfortunate... but... I can't see this all clearing up in a month.

Me neither. Especially since we're not into the predicted worst of it yet here in NY and Fl seems to be a little behind us.

I sure hope that goes!

Ugh I hope so too! It's hard to imagine a summer without WDW.

Oh, man... I haven't been to SeaWorld since... the 90s.

Wow! I think Kim and I were there in 2015 last.

I have been thinking about you with being a nurse. I am glad to hear you are doing good.

Thank you for thinking of me. 🥰 🥰 I hope you and your family are safe and healthy.

We are going in August. I have stopped all planning for it at this point. We have dinning reservations but nothing else. I know it is early for FP's but not even looking at a plan for them yet. I haven't been to the Parks in 4 years. We did a cruise 2 years ago. I am so bummed thinking we might have to cancel.

Ugh I'm sorry- that really stinks. We are fortunate to be able to go often and have flexibility with our schedules to move trips around but I know not everyone has that option. I booked my best friend's trip for August and it's her baby's first trip. I'm hopeful the parks will be back to normal by then but it's so hard to make plans when everything is so uncertain!

I hope that one of those trips happens for you! I've also been finding it hard to plan, because I don't know if some of our trips will happen. I'm starting to think things may not be open by May too, but I bet the 4th of July week might be less crowded than usual.

I hope so too but it really is so difficult to try to plan anything right now. I really hope things are better by July but who knows.

Total bummer about the May trip, but I think you should be safe for a July one. (Or, perhaps, I hope deep within my soul that you will be because, if not, holy moly how are we going to get through this?)

I feel this! Hubby and I keep saying to each other, "We're going on so many vacations when this is all done!"

Well it took a global pandemic to get me to the PTR boards, but I'm now here :D So sorry everything is in such flux because you deserve a vacation more than anyone else right about now!!!!

We were actually supposed to be in Disneyland this week and I had to laugh as your original thoughts were exactly what we were going to do. We were flying to Phoenix, doing Grand Canyon, then Vegas and finally DL!!!! Still hoping we can do it in August but I'm going to wait a while before we book anything. Hoping that things start to reopen and more importantly Disney drops some serious discounts.

When you do go to Cirque big thumbs up on the front row. Jason and I did Love in Vegas that way a few years back and its an amazing experience to be that close and see a lot of the mechanics as well

Total bummer about the May trip, but I think you should be safe for a July one. (Or, perhaps, I hope deep within my soul that you will be because, if not, holy moly how are we going to get through this?)

That's how I feel too. There's so much unknown but it's heartbreaking to imagine living this way for many more months.

feel this! Hubby and I keep saying to each other, "We're going on so many vacations when this is all done!"

Same!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!