2020 Watch??

We’re planning on booking a southern Caribbean and repo B2B and I just can not wait to see what the itinerary is. I’ve literally had dreams about it. :flower:

We’re planning on booking a southern Caribbean and repo B2B and I just can not wait to see what the itinerary is. I’ve literally had dreams about it. :flower:

I believe that those kind of B2Bs have not been allowed because of regulations about foreign ports and such. So I'd be prepared for it not to be able to happen.

I believe that those kind of B2Bs have not been allowed because of regulations about foreign ports and such. So I'd be prepared for it not to be able to happen.
A ton of people did it this year. It’s a round trip out of San Juan and then a repo from San Juan to PC. I think you can’t do two one ways, like NYC to San Juan and then to Miami.

A ton of people did it this year. It’s a round trip out of San Juan and then a repo from San Juan to PC. I think you can’t do two one ways, like NYC to San Juan and then to Miami.

Ok. I could have been wrong. I just know that there have been issues with San Juan B2Bs. Sorry!

Ok. I could have been wrong. I just know that there have been issues with San Juan B2Bs. Sorry!
No problem :). I had to look it up before because I've seen comments about the problems before. Apparently you can't start in one US port and end in a different US port on a "foreign" ship with a stopping at a distant port. But SJ to PC is allowed (as evidenced by the repo cruise from San Juan to Port Canaveral). So doing the San Juan roundtrip beforehand is still ultimately SJ to PC and that's fine. There are a couple of one way itineraries on the Magic that are a no-go for B2Bs though.

No problem :). I had to look it up before because I've seen comments about the problems before. Apparently you can't start in one US port and end in a different US port on a "foreign" ship with a stopping at a distant port. But SJ to PC is allowed (as evidenced by the repo cruise from San Juan to Port Canaveral). So doing the San Juan roundtrip beforehand is still ultimately SJ to PC and that's fine. There are a couple of one way itineraries on the Magic that are a no-go for B2Bs though.

This is what I understand as well. Forget the name of the law, something like the "Jones Act"...... :confused3

Hi everyone. Here I am laying in bed on the dream docked in PC getting the gumption to get moving. (Sigh). I wanted to let everyone know that I booked a placeholder yesterday and asked the lady at the future cruise desk when the new 2020 sailing were coming out. She was pretty matter-of-fact when she said she predicted they will be available for perusing the Friday before Oct 1 with Platinum booking on Monday the 1st. They are hoping the Panama Canal Cruise is in this batch. So exciting!

Hi everyone. Here I am laying in bed on the dream docked in PC getting the gumption to get moving. (Sigh). I wanted to let everyone know that I booked a placeholder yesterday and asked the lady at the future cruise desk when the new 2020 sailing were coming out. She was pretty matter-of-fact when she said she predicted they will be available for perusing the Friday before Oct 1 with Platinum booking on Monday the 1st. They are hoping the Panama Canal Cruise is in this batch. So exciting!
Fingers crossed! We have a few booked and may move one to the WBPC if released.

We are doing this exact thing this January and then repo cruise back to port Canaveral right after.

Can anyone tell me if the Marvel Days at Sea are announced at the same time as the general cruise information? We have a placeholder and are very much hoping to do one of these in 2020.

Can anyone tell me if the Marvel Days at Sea are announced at the same time as the general cruise information? We have a placeholder and are very much hoping to do one of these in 2020.

They should be. In the past, sometimes Marvel and Star Wars cruises were announced later as additions to regular itineraries. This last year though, I think they were all announced upfront.

They should be. In the past, sometimes Marvel and Star Wars cruises were announced later as additions to regular itineraries. This last year though, I think they were all announced upfront.

That makes sense for them. Makes the cruises sell faster since it's a themed cruise and that means people paying more.

When we booked our 2017 SWDAS cruise, it was added later. When we booked our 2019 SWDAS it was stated when we booked. We booked both on opening day.

So for those who have done this before, booking will likely open next week based on Castaway Club status, correct?

I have a big work conference so will need to figure out if I need to get DH on board with calling to change sail date on our placeholder...

So for those who have done this before, booking will likely open next week based on Castaway Club status, correct?

If they do it next week, based on the last few years, yes. Platinum probably Monday, Gold Tues, Silver Wed, Everybody Else Thurs. Something to that effect. Golden Oak residents and I believe DVC members also get to do it during one of the CC days but don't recall which.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts