2021 Disney Vacation Club Member Cruise to the Western Caribbean! June 12, 2021!

We had written to Chase challenging that the charge was not in the 0% promotion. So, right now, our charge has disappeared.

Sent email 9/22 but haven’t received a reply from Terri Schultz. Sent another secure message to Chase. Guess disputing the transaction will be next.

If you dispute the transaction, might DVC cancel your reservation?
I don’t think that would be so awful! DVC MC cost is fully refundable until a certain date, closer to the cruise. The particular cabin could be lost because someone else snapped it up, but this year, in view of everything I have been reading, I doubt it.
Of course that would mean if you rebook, you could have this same problem, but let’s say, I have that much faith that if they booked it again, they would get it right. Or am I just too naive?

We disputed whatislandsnoopy is saying, the fact that the charge was not in the 0% promotion. The charge still shows, but not in the total, on the side.

I’ll dispute that it should be 0% APR 6-month financing.
I just sent my letter today to do exactly that. I received my second statement, and it's showing an interest charge for the cruise charge which is the only thing I didn't pay. So I disputed that charge. I sent a hard copy letter to the address on the back of my statement, and quoted the account agreement. “Qualifications for 0% Promotional APR for 6 months from the date of purchase of: select Disney vacation packages…All Disney Cruise Line packages, Adventures by Disney packages and Aulani, A Disney Resort & Spa, Ko Olina, Hawai’i packages qualify.“ All Disney Cruise Line packages qualify. Done.

I'm going to send a copy by email to Terri's office as well. If anyone finds out the path they want us to take so they can solve this for all of us in the most efficient way for them, I'm happy to hear it.

I don’t think that would be so awful! DVC MC cost is fully refundable until a certain date, closer to the cruise. The particular cabin could be lost because someone else snapped it up, but this year, in view of everything I have been reading, I doubt it.
Of course that would mean if you rebook, you could have this same problem, but let’s say, I have that much faith that if they booked it again, they would get it right. Or am I just too naive?

We disputed whatislandsnoopy is saying, the fact that the charge was not in the 0% promotion. The charge still shows, but not in the total, on the side.
Have you heard anything back from Chase yet? I called and disputed the charge so it’s under review.

Today I received the forms from Chase that I need to fill out to dispute the charge.
In my case at least, there has been nothing to say that my account has been signaled as being addressed by Terri.

Today I received the forms from Chase that I need to fill out to dispute the charge.
In my case at least, there has been nothing to say that my account has been signaled as being addressed by Terri.
Oh no - not good. Very strange it is for some and not others. You’d think there would be a file or list somewhere they’d be working from to fix them all.

Well, we filled the form out and mailed it. Enclosed are copies of emails including the one in which Terri says “We were able to rectify the situation with Chase and my team has been working on getting to all the Members that have been impacted.”

I was just told by Chase that the charge has to be nulled and then rebilled by DVC.

I was just told by Chase that the charge has to be nulled and then rebilled by DVC.
I’m not sure that part about DVC is accurate. My October statement just closed and posted today, so I can see how the correction was done on my account. All transactions done by or through DVC show up on the Statement as Disney Vacation Club for the merchant name, then sometimes with something else like Dues.

They did have to do the credit and re-charge for the DVC MC amount in order to get it into the promo financing eligible status -that part seems accurate. However both the credit and the charge show up on my statement as a generic “Disney Resort” for the merchant name with no phone number. There’s always a merchant phone number on the charges from Disney. So to me, it feels more like a correction was done by Chase. And the secure message from Chase seemed to infer they were making the correction. But I can’t know or tell for sure. I’ve had DVC refund MC charges before and if showed up as credit from Disney Vacation Club, not Disney Resort.

Also, while Chase Message response on the final resolution said my promo rate would end in February, six months after the initial charge, it’s actually showing as six months after the correction entry so March.

Later yesterday after Tom and I sent emails to Terri, I got a call from the person at DVC who is in charge of fixing the problem. He assured me that it would be taken care of and they would help eliminate any interest charges or problems. He gave me his work phone, so I feel as if the problem is now in the hands of someone who knows whats going on.

My disputing the problem was not the correct path, because I was not disputing the charge, but the placement on the bill.:crazy:

I am so happy that you have a resolution!:thumbsup2

Later yesterday after Tom and I sent emails to Terri, I got a call from the person at DVC who is in charge of fixing the problem. He assured me that it would be taken care of and they would help eliminate any interest charges or problems. He gave me his work phone, so I feel as if the problem is now in the hands of someone who knows whats going on.

My disputing the problem was not the correct path, because I was not disputing the charge, but the placement on the bill.:crazy:

I am so happy that you have a resolution!:thumbsup2
Hopefully you are now going to get closer to resolution!!

Hopefully you are now going to get closer to resolution!!
I am happy that we had this forum to discuss the issue, but how much more fun to discuss Member Cruises here.

For instance, I play games here, and one is “ I spy a pin of a certain color.”

Here are my two recent contributions. Everyone here, please continue if you care.

This first was one of the nightly gift during our first DVC member cruise. This was 2005.

This next is from the January 10-13, 2013. In this one they had flags around the ship and you could use the decoder to interpret the messages. I do not remember if this was a gift, or if I bought this pin. Maybe someone will say!

If someone here has a special memory associated with a pin or a gift on a DVC member cruise, please continue the conversation here! :)

but how much more fun to discuss Member Cruises here.
If someone here has a special memory associated with a pin or a gift on a DVC member cruise, please continue the conversation here! :)
This was harder than I expected it to be...asking for special memory of one of gifts we received.

Here’s my item - the signed 25th anniversary Beauty & the Beast Blu-ray we got on the MC out of NYC in 2016. It is signed by legendary Disney producer Don Hahn. I remember him commenting in one of his sessions on the movie that he’d signed over 1000 of them in his cabin during that cruise.

What makes this Item a special memory - on embarkation day they opened up the Walt and Roy suites for a couple of hours for people to explore before we sailed. I’m in one with my sister and in walks Don Hahn and his wife. He started chatting with us, and we had about 5 min conversation with no one else around. I remember thinking then, and still think today - this is what MCs are all about and what makes them so special, for where else could this happen except on a member cruise!

CD85D95D-B1F2-45CF-AB0C-A971B2181300.jpeg

You know, it is hard to pick a favorite, but I have to go with Stacia Martin’s recap of the 1964/65 NYC Worlds Fair. She talked about how Walt had so many projects there, I remember Lincoln, Ford, It’s a Small World (Pepsi), It’s a Great Big Beautiful Tomorrow ( General Electric).

I lived in North Jersey, my orchestra played there one afternoon, and I visited it many times with family and friends. Of course, saw Michelangelo’s Pieta.

Stacia’s presentation was well done and took me back to an exciting time in my life. That’s my favorite for sure!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts