2021 Disney Vacation Club Member Cruise to the Western Caribbean! June 12, 2021!

You know, it is hard to pick a favorite, but I have to go with Stacia Martin’s recap of the 1964/65 NYC Worlds Fair. She talked about how Walt had so many projects there, I remember Lincoln, Ford, It’s a Small World (Pepsi), It’s a Great Big Beautiful Tomorrow ( General Electric).

I lived in North Jersey, my orchestra played there one afternoon, and I visited it many times with family and friends. Of course, saw Michelangelo’s Pieta.

Stacia’s presentation was well done and took me back to an exciting time in my life. That’s my favorite for sure!
Wish I could have seen that one, it sounds very interesting.

So, I did finally get around to putting the reservation in the DCL app. I never got anything in the mail, neither did either roommate. One called DVC to get the reservation number!

242 days! :boat:
I haven’t received anything in the mail yet either....

OK....Today we received a call from Chase, Armando, an executive whom we thought had forgotten about us! He talked about the mistake in coding, mentioned there were MANY customers affected, and Disney was working to get it all corrected. No one will be paying interest, penalties caused by this particular problem.

YES, we are being heard!!

Bobbi :boat:

OK....Today we received a call from Chase, Armando, an executive whom we thought had forgotten about us! He talked about the mistake in coding, mentioned there were MANY customers affected, and Disney was working to get it all corrected. No one will be paying interest, penalties caused by this particular problem.

YES, we are being heard!!

Bobbi :boat:
I haven't heard anything on my account so appreciate the update!

I haven't heard anything on my account so appreciate the update!
Tom wrote a letter to, I guess the CEO of Chase as soon as the problem came up, and yes, Armando has contacted us maybe two or three times since then, but this is the very first time it sounds like he knows what’s going on and what’s being done to fix it!!

So this notification is by email? Mmmm, I have not gotten it. Did check my junk mail.

Well, another Chase bill. The cost is not in the section that has deferred interest, but there are no interest charges. We have just been paying the cost down as we do the other DCL charges. So, it’s obvious that it’s being handled even though we still hadn’t gotten that email.

Well, another Chase bill. The cost is not in the section that has deferred interest, but there are no interest charges. We have just been paying the cost down as we do the other DCL charges. So, it’s obvious that it’s being handled even though we still hadn’t gotten that email.
Nice to see it seems to be heading it the right direction for you.

Still, we are discussing a bill rather than talking about our hopes and dreams for what we want to happen on this cruise!! :boat:

Unfortunately, I am still finding it difficult to get excited about it until we know for sure it's really going to happen. If CDC institutes capacity limits, wondering how DVC will handle it if they're already oversold per the guidelines (although I suspect many might cancel if conditions haven't improved by summer).

There were mostly open stateroom categories for a full couple of weeks after bookings opened, before the webpage was changed to the more general category references of inside, window, verandah, and concierge. Only a few categories with limited numbers of cabins had sold out. So I’m not feeling it is too oversold yet for any potential new CDC guidelines.

The bookings opened in August, well into this situation, with all cruising suspended and knowing things would be different for the first several months once cruising starts up again. I’d expect Disney would be keeping tabs on all conversations and speculation. And hopefully they would be incorporating possible capacity levels into initial bookings, until the final guidelines are issued. Then they can adjust as needed.

Not good...I just received another form letter, with information for me to fill out explaining why I am disputing the charge. Sigh.....

The only positive is that we are paying it down, and perhaps it will be all paid by the time there is the resolution we have been promised.

Then again, I hope it is a safer world come 2021.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter