2021 Disney Vacation Club Member Cruise to the Western Caribbean! June 12, 2021!

I realize the Chase situation has not been fun at all; I’m in the group of those whose charge was not processed as expected. Having worked in third level tech support for many years, I guess I have a different perspective re the challenges to figure this out when it’s worked correctly for so many years and then does not. From my experience and in reading comments shared here, I’m finding a lot more fault with Chase than DVC.

Chase is contributing greatly to the frustrations on many points - their inconsistent responses from customer service, incorrect information coming from customer service, lack of any understanding of the scope of the issue, no effort at being proactive at all, not attempting to help with problem research and resolution, not willing to give info to try to help us resolve without a lot of pushback, no feeling of any sense of empathy or urgency to help resolve before payment due dates, lack of internal communication within their organization on the issue....to name a few aspects.

DVC can’t control Chase. Terri has stepped in to assist but it should never have had to get to her level to do so. Her team has been working with Chase & making the progress with Chase to research and determine both the problem and the resolution. We don’t know how many Members are impacted. It took several days for DVC to call all Members after booking day to get all of the initial payments, and not everyone would be paying cash or using a Chase Visa, so I can expect that after identifying the problem, it will take DVC a few days to work with Chase to identify all impacted accounts and then reach out to those Members. Chase should bring reaching out as well, and has not yet done so to this point that I’ve seen.

DVC has said Chase will be fixing retroactively, and I have the confidence that it will be at some point. We don’t know what Chase will have to do to fix on their side or how long it will take to fix. I don’t expect to see an updated statement from Chase for the billing cycle with the DVC charge. Depending on billing cycles, some may not see it on their next billing cycle. Chase will refund as needed any related interest charges that end up automatically being charged until the issue is corrected on each impacted account.

Some may not agree with me, but I’m no longer concerned. We know it will be fixed. If it’s still not looking good on my account by November, then I’ll start asking some questions again. But knowing the fix is in process, I’m willing to give those who are working on it the time to get it corrected.

I realize the Chase situation has not been fun at all; I’m in the group of those whose charge was not processed as expected. Having worked in third level tech support for many years, I guess I have a different perspective re the challenges to figure this out when it’s worked correctly for so many years and then does not. From my experience and in reading comments shared here, I’m finding a lot more fault with Chase than DVC.

Chase is contributing greatly to the frustrations on many points - their inconsistent responses from customer service, incorrect information coming from customer service, lack of any understanding of the scope of the issue, no effort at being proactive at all, not attempting to help with problem research and resolution, not willing to give info to try to help us resolve without a lot of pushback, no feeling of any sense of empathy or urgency to help resolve before payment due dates, lack of internal communication within their organization on the issue....to name a few aspects.

DVC can’t control Chase. Terri has stepped in to assist but it should never have had to get to her level to do so. Her team has been working with Chase & making the progress with Chase to research and determine both the problem and the resolution. We don’t know how many Members are impacted. It took several days for DVC to call all Members after booking day to get all of the initial payments, and not everyone would be paying cash or using a Chase Visa, so I can expect that after identifying the problem, it will take DVC a few days to work with Chase to identify all impacted accounts and then reach out to those Members. Chase should bring reaching out as well, and has not yet done so to this point that I’ve seen.

DVC has said Chase will be fixing retroactively, and I have the confidence that it will be at some point. We don’t know what Chase will have to do to fix on their side or how long it will take to fix. I don’t expect to see an updated statement from Chase for the billing cycle with the DVC charge. Depending on billing cycles, some may not see it on their next billing cycle. Chase will refund as needed any related interest charges that end up automatically being charged until the issue is corrected on each impacted account.

Some may not agree with me, but I’m no longer concerned. We know it will be fixed. If it’s still not looking good on my account by November, then I’ll start asking some questions again. But knowing the fix is in process, I’m willing to give those who are working on it the time to get it corrected.

I appreciate your thoughts.
My DSis who is in cabin with me has already paid the bill, and our third person in the cabin is a member who paid with points. I will not be canceling.

I agree with you @Mathmagicland. It's definitely a problem with Chase and their lack of customer service. You would think that since this is a Disney-branded card that Chase would be proactive and get this fixed. I haven't heard back from DVC but will give it more time.

UPDATE: I just noticed in my Chase account online that it was credited for the amount of the initial charge and recharged. This has to be to make it qualify for the 0% interest!

The new charge is to Disney Resort instead of Disney Vacation Club.

Last edited:
UPDATE: I just noticed in my Chase account online that it was credited for the amount of the initial charge and recharged. This has to be to make it qualify for the 0% interest!
That’s good news!

I just received the following message from Chase:

After reviewing your account and our records, we've determined the transactions in question did qualify for the 0% Annual Percentage Rate (APR) offer. Therefore, I made the corrections and moved the purchase balance to a 0% Disney promotional APR until the end date of March 23, 2021. The corrections will be on the next statement for review.

I just received the following message from Chase:

After reviewing your account and our records, we've determined the transactions in question did qualify for the 0% Annual Percentage Rate (APR) offer. Therefore, I made the corrections and moved the purchase balance to a 0% Disney promotional APR until the end date of March 23, 2021. The corrections will be on the next statement for review.
Nice - you are giving us all hope! Nothing yet on my online and no response yet to my request for an updated payment amount for the current billing cycle.

I don't think any of this would have happened if I hadn't e-mailed Terri so all thanks go to her and her team. I just got tired of dealing with the little people who couldn't help so went straight to the top!

Just heard from Chase - similar response as @poohj80 - though I do not see a credit and re-charge of the MC amount, and my 6-month promo end date is as it would have been based on the initial charge date. So I’m guessing I won’t see the credit and re-charge to correct mine. Maybe it is because I’m still in the same billing & payment cycle for the initial charge?

I also note they will refund any interest charges if their new payment needed estimate is not quite what is needed, which is nice to see.

They are working their way through the list of impacted people!

We confirmed the Disney Vacation Club charge has been placed into a Disney special financing balance. This promotional APR (or Annual Percentage Rate) is reflected on your monthly statement and will be effective until 02/09/2021. After this date, any remaining balance will be moved to your standard APR>

The amount to pay to avoid interest is $xxxx, with a due date of 10/06/2020. Because the September statement has already been released, the amount we quoted is an approximation. If additional purchase interest is billed on the 10/09/2020 statement, we can refund that purchase interest charge.

Also, there will be Interest Savings Balance information on your 10/09/2020 statement.

Added info - checking my Chase online account this morning and the Interest Saving Balance amount showing due for my payment due date next week has been adjusted/reduced to reflect that the DVC MC charge is now part of the 0% promo financing. While it won’t show on my statement until October, the account has been updated and corrected. The remaining statement balance for the billing cycle has also been adjusted accordingly to not include the entire MC charge.

Hooray!

^ so happy for you!

Our next statement closing date is Monday, and no change yet.

This is great news! I was about to file a dispute, because my new statement just came. It has the interest charged on it. 😭 Do you think there’s someone I should call? I don’t want to bother Terri, but if there’s someone in her office or at Chase handling this, I’d appreciate that contact info.

I never got anything from Chase with the name of someone who helped. I did get the call from someone in Terri’s office and I would start with Terri, since I do not remember the person who did call to say it would be fixed.

This is great news! I was about to file a dispute, because my new statement just came. It has the interest charged on it. 😭 Do you think there’s someone I should call? I don’t want to bother Terri, but if there’s someone in her office or at Chase handling this, I’d appreciate that contact info.
Now that Chase has admitted the discrepancy, I would suggest starting with them and calling. If the person you speak with is unaware of the issue or unwilling to listen, ask for a supervisor and just explain this is a known issue which Chase has been correcting on an individual basis. Maybe that will help? I wish you could just ask them to look at my account but I know they won't due to privacy.

Or send a secure message to Chase via your online account. That’s what i did, as only Chase can fix your account. That keeps it in writing which Chase requires for disputes.

Explain the DVC charge (It is not a DCL charge to Chase) should be eligible for the 0% promo and Chase has been working with Disney to retroactively correct the situation on all impacted accounts. Ask for the charge to be moved to the 0% promo and the interest related to that charge to be refunded.

You can also mention you are aware that corrections are in process & you are also aware of some accounts that have already been corrected. While the Chase auto reply will say they will respond within a couple of days, I think it took a week before I heard back.

Just checked my Chase account online again - while I didn’t initially see any credit and re-charge, like @poohj80 mentioned, I am seeing that now. It shows posted 9/25/20 with a transaction date of 9/9/20 for both the credit and the re-charge. So appears that is how the corrections are being made.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts