2021 Room Rates

monica9

DIS Veteran
Do you think with everything going on that they will release the 2021 room dates/packages earlier than they normally do? I'm really eager to book our January trip and hoping 2021 will be released sooner than this summer.

If anything, with all this going on, I would think it might be later than usual.

If the reservations call centers are fully staffed I would think they'll release them as normal.
Which is normally around July, correct? Trying to get an idea of when to start keeping an eye out so I get the resort I want.

wait, I didn't know we could book room only! I have tried to select dates past december and it won't let me.

You have to call. You can book room only 499 days in advance. It locks in this year's rate, so if you apply a discount next year that will go on 2021 rates.

I think our best hope is for them to release those dates at their 'normal' time. But, given that the future is very hard to predict right now, it may be later than 'normal'. Just do today, tomorrow is too far away.

Apologies for the dumb (but related) question... We're going to kick our June trip this year to NEXT year instead. We always book a package. I've been debating whether to cancel the current trip and rebook later OR to call and just change the dates. If I'm understanding the above correctly, calling them would do no good if I want to slide my package to next June, correct?

Apologies for the dumb (but related) question... We're going to kick our June trip this year to NEXT year instead. We always book a package. I've been debating whether to cancel the current trip and rebook later OR to call and just change the dates. If I'm understanding the above correctly, calling them would do no good if I want to slide my package to next June, correct?
That’s what I’m thinking. You will either have to take the ticket part off and do hote only just to claim your hotel room, adding the tickets later or just hold off and wait until packages come out.

Do you think with everything going on that they will release the 2021 room dates/packages earlier than they normally do? I'm really eager to book our January trip and hoping 2021 will be released sooner than this summer.

It's anybody's guess, but I think with all the cancellations/modifications going on right now due to closures that next years rates might be delayed a little. But that's just my opinion.

You have to call. You can book room only 499 days in advance. It locks in this year's rate, so if you apply a discount next year that will go on 2021 rates.

Unless things have changed, booking prior to new rates being released will not lock you into the current year's rates. You will be quoted the highest rate for the current year for that resort/room type and your reservation will automatically be adjusted once the new rates come out.

I think our best hope is for them to release those dates at their 'normal' time. But, given that the future is very hard to predict right now, it may be later than 'normal'. Just do today, tomorrow is too far away.

I agree.

You are understanding correctly. If you intend to book a package for next year, you will have to wait until the 2021 rates are released.

It's anybody's guess, but I think with all the cancellations/modifications going on right now due to closures that next years rates might be delayed a little. But that's just my opinion.

Unless things have changed, booking prior to new rates being released will not lock you into the current year's rates. You will be quoted the highest rate for the current year for that resort/room type and your reservation will automatically be adjusted once the new rates come out.

I agree.

You are understanding correctly. If you intend to book a package for next year, you will have to wait until the 2021 rates are released.

Not what happened to me last year, but maybe something changed between now and then.

No. If you book room only, you are guaranteed the rate you get on the phone - which is the current year rate for dates, not the highest rack rate of current year. I booked our room for April/May 2021 and got it for the same rate as the same dates for 2020.

Same thing happened last year - booked room only, got locked in at current years rates which were not the highest rack rates of year.

The only way your rate will change is if you change to a package, change dates or change hotels.

I know people get conflicting answers on this, so I always try to give our experience when I see these kinds of questions!
:)

I just changed my reservation from Sep, 2020 to Jan, 2021. Read above that you would be charged the highest rate for the current year and then it would be adjusted. Not true. We booked the same resort and same room and added an additional day. We are actually paying less For the entire stay. Possibly they quote the highest rate for the type of booking season, but definitely not the highest rate for the year.

I called a few months ago to lock in my preferred rooms for our January 2021 trip. Even though I was unable to get my package (mentioned above... packages not available yet), the helpful CM explained that booking a room-only package would be the best way to make sure the hotel and type of room I need would be available for me later on. When package rates are released, she said my travel agent will be able to upgrade my existing booking into a package for me with no difficulty. Of course I'm expecting my price to fluctuate, but I am much more concerned with getting the hotel and room type I want over paying an extra few bucks per day.

So if you have a specific hotel in mind, this is a good option to lock it down.

Apologies if this has been posted elsewhere and I missed it, but are there any updates yet re: when 2021 rack room rates will be released? It's been challenging to plan out our ideal dates in preparation for 2021 reservations opening back up on the 28th next week..

Apologies if this has been posted elsewhere and I missed it, but are there any updates yet re: when 2021 rack room rates will be released? It's been challenging to plan out our ideal dates in preparation for 2021 reservations opening back up on the 28th next week..

New 2021 reservations can be booked on 6/28.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter