2042 - Is that the end?

I will be too old to even enjoy the senior citizen thing!! At 90+, I doubt I will even be around. That does sound really interesting though. Maybe my children will can ask for the senior citizen plan.

Disney will likely take all of the points back from the current members. They will then resell the points to new DVCers. They will likely give the new DVCers the FL residient AP rate to enhance sales.;)

What will happen when it's 2035 and you want to sell your point? Will they have the same value? Will there be buyer?

Zombie thread!

Aligal, you should create a new thread with your question instead of using this 12 year old thread. Things change and some people may read this not realizing how old it is.

WOW! It's been so long since I posted on the disboards when I saw the notification I thought someone hacked my account.

At least she is trying to use the search function. 2 points for that:cool1:

:)

What will happen when it's 2035 and you want to sell your point? Will they have the same value? Will there be buyer?

heck, when it's 2016, there's no guarantee your contract will have the same value or that you'll be able to find a buyer.

things were definitely pretty ugly in 2008/2009...

at some point, DVC contracts are headed to zero value. no doubt about it. but we 2042 owners will be the guinea pigs to help the rest of the owners figure out what the end will look like... ;)

My question is:
Your 2041 points if your UY is late in the year (IE Oct, Dec) how will you use them before Jan 31, 2042?
My UYs are Feb and Jun and I will have time to use them before the end of 2041 (if I am still around). What are the rest of you planning on the use of those points?

My question is:
Your 2041 points if your UY is late in the year (IE Oct, Dec) how will you use them before Jan 31, 2042?

same way as now for the most part. i have an oct UY and usually travel in nov/dec.

book at 11 months out and it'll probably work.

maybe you could even borrow those pts into your previous UY and use them there.

there is definitely a chance that DVC will suspend banking and borrowing around that time. (for only 2042 owners?) there is not enough availability for everyone to use their pts, that is true. DVC may also waive annual dues for some who cannot use their pts.

but like i said, we are the guinea pigs. it's uncharted territory.

I thought Florida was going to be under water by then?

I am sure Disney has at least a few different thoughts on the matter, but really, there are so many variables. Who knows what state the world will be in.

My serious thought is they expect most contracts to get willed at some point. Now, or 20 years from now, whenever.

Think about it:

Someone who is now 10 years old, gets willed a contract. 20 years from now they have a 5 year old. Trips to Disney for only paying the maintenance fees = total bargain. 5 years later the contract expires. The 5 year old is now 10, and hooked on Disney. Can the person who inherited the contract walk away? Disney is building and maintaining a loyal customer base for the future.

Have to see what the state of the resorts are.

Talk about an "oldie but goodie" thread! :teeth:

This was posted on the DVC Forum prior to that board becoming the Purchasing DVC board and is now better suited to Mousecellaneous since it is all speculation - except for the fact that DVD/DVC did extend the OKW contracts for an additional 15 years and offered it to OKW owners at $15 per point back in 2007 (it is now up to $25 per point).

As for what will be done with the DVC resorts that expire in 2042, the decision will likely be made by a committee made up of future CMs who are today just getting back to elementary/middle school after their Christmas vacation. ;)

Enjoy! :)

Holy blast from the past! And yes, kudos to someone for using the search feature:woohoo:

It's still a valid situation and we really have no more info on the transition of expiring resort now than we did in 2003.
The answers are we don't know. Will the fees and relative short term benefits be enough to get people to bite late? Will it cost more than it's worth in fees?

My question is:
My UYs are Feb and Jun and I will have time to use them before the end of 2041 (if I am still around). What are the rest of you planning on the use of those points?
Mathematically there simply aren't enough villas for all 2042 owners to use all possibly points the last couple of years. HOW DVC will control it we don't know. Possibilities would include a lottery (in the POS), voluntary opt out, and some proration of remaining points. Or they could just let it be a free for all, early bird gets the worm. Likely with elimination of banking the last 2-3 yrs.

Disney will likely take all of the points back from the current members. They will then resell the points to new DVCers.

:cool1: They will likely give the new DVCers the FL residient AP rate to enhance sales.;)

:cool1:

Johnnie Fedora had an idea that came to fruition sooner than later!

We've had the annual pass discount for awhile now, but I don't remember when it actually started.

I'll be 88 for my last set of points. I plan on using them! If not, I put my daughter on the deed when I purchased so she can enjoy them.

I thought Florida was going to be under water by then? I am sure Disney has at least a few different thoughts on the matter, but really, there are so many variables.
what are we talkin', new wave pool?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter