26 Nights, Triple Celebration Trip...NYC, RPR & HHN....and Irma has a go...A 2017 Trip

I’m surprised actually to see you’re going back? I was sure you said you wouldn’t be returning.....or maybe I’m thinking of someone else?

Hope you enjoy it anyway.

Thanks mac.........:thumbsup2
This short trip has been planned for years with friends. This will probably be our last visit. Still, I want it to be a fun time for all, especially the girls who are best friends.

Hi, Carol! Running into you and Tom the other night just made my day! It was lovely to meet you both. My husband didn't realize what was going on...he said he wished he had gotten an opportunity to say hello too! We leave to go home tomorrow (boo!), but we've had a fantastic time. Can't wait to read the next report:cool1::cool1:

:wave2:

It was lovely meeting you!! And Tom was tickled you knew his name.......lol.......oh I’m sorry we missed meeting your husband too, but it was so nice to chat to you........:thumbsup2

Glad to hear you’ve had a fantastic trip.......and you leave tomorrow?? Have a safe trip home........and trip report coming up soon!!!

This short trip has been planned for years with friends. This will probably be our last visit. Still, I want it to be a fun time for all, especially the girls who are best friends.

I’m sure it will be, have fun.

We just missed you by a day or so...we didn't get there until the 10th, but had to say what a wonderful job Universal does with the holidays. It was our first visit during this timeframe - Grinchmas, the castle lighting, the parade....it was all so incredible. We loved every moment.

Next up - mardi gras! :jester::jester::jester:

We just missed you by a day or so...we didn't get there until the 10th, but had to say what a wonderful job Universal does with the holidays. It was our first visit during this timeframe - Grinchmas, the castle lighting, the parade....it was all so incredible. We loved every moment.

Next up - mardi gras! :jester::jester::jester:

we’ll be there for Mardi Gras too!!!

I’m sad we missed you by a day.......

We loved the Macy parade.......Grinchmas, Castle Show......it was all fabulous! It was our first visit for all the Christmas decorations and events........definitely want to back at that time again.......we loved it too......:)

Reactions: shh
Enjoyed the Tinsel and Sunscreen TR. Looks like I missed this one. You guys sure do get to Uni a lot! ;) Looking forward to digging into this during breaks from work.

Enjoyed the Tinsel and Sunscreen TR. Looks like I missed this one. You guys sure do get to Uni a lot! ;) Looking forward to digging into this during breaks from work.

Thanks so much!

We are certainly planning a few trips this year compared to previous years........

Hope you enjoy them anyway......:wave2:

Thanks so much!

We are certainly planning a few trips this year compared to previous years........

Hope you enjoy them anyway......:wave2:

Absolutely. I am gathering tips and tricks. We enjoy a similar touring style in that Mindy and Kara in particular don't want to be racing around to pre-scheduled activities. The WDW model doesn't work out so well for us. We prefer Universal in part because it is so easy to navigate. You can get back to the hotel room for a swim or a break without it taking an hour out of your day. And with Express Pass, lines and crowds aren't much of a concern. It's almost impossible to relax at WDW, but Uni isn't stressful at all.

A lot of people say they can only spend a day or two at Universal, but we can spend longer than that. I'm not sure we're up for quite as long of a stay as you usually take, but then Americans don't get that much vacation time anyway. So, that's really not an option. This year, we're looking at renting a car for the first time at Uni, so I am paying attention to where you guys drive to see if we want to visit any of the same places.

One area where we split is over Race Through New York. Personally, I thought the ride was okay, but redundant. If it opened at Hollywood Studios, Disney fans would proclaim it the greatest ride ever. But sitting right next to Minion Mayhem, it doesn't have a lot of reason to exist. Having said that, it was my youngest daughter's favorite ride last summer. In fact, it was the only ride she wanted to ride again. Which worked out, because that's when we ran into Mario Lopez which was Mindy's favorite part of the trip. ;)

Absolutely. I am gathering tips and tricks. We enjoy a similar touring style in that Mindy and Kara in particular don't want to be racing around to pre-scheduled activities. The WDW model doesn't work out so well for us. We prefer Universal in part because it is so easy to navigate. You can get back to the hotel room for a swim or a break without it taking an hour out of your day. And with Express Pass, lines and crowds aren't much of a concern. It's almost impossible to relax at WDW, but Uni isn't stressful at all.

A lot of people say they can only spend a day or two at Universal, but we can spend longer than that. I'm not sure we're up for quite as long of a stay as you usually take, but then Americans don't get that much vacation time anyway. So, that's really not an option. This year, we're looking at renting a car for the first time at Uni, so I am paying attention to where you guys drive to see if we want to visit any of the same places.

One area where we split is over Race Through New York. Personally, I thought the ride was okay, but redundant. If it opened at Hollywood Studios, Disney fans would proclaim it the greatest ride ever. But sitting right next to Minion Mayhem, it doesn't have a lot of reason to exist. Having said that, it was my youngest daughter's favorite ride last summer. In fact, it was the only ride she wanted to ride again. Which worked out, because that's when we ran into Mario Lopez which was Mindy's favorite part of the trip. ;)

Lol.........full disclosure.......I just had to Google Mario Lopez..........:blush: and yes, I can see why Mindy was happy!!! He’s new to me........

Yes, there’s a few things that some folks declare a disaster, but if Disney had done it, it would be fabulous! But, Fallon isn’t for us either.........but I’m glad one of your family liked it.........I just don’t get him at all........we did enjoy the Panda though.......if only because Kyle and Tom loved seeing me jump 10 feet in the air!

Oh you’ll have a blast again at Universal.......sounds like it is right up your families street for the right way to spend your vacations.......fully relaxing and yes, we love how close the hotels are to the parks.......ideal to get back for some pool time.......doesn’t take long at all. It is incredibly relaxing and yep, we couldn’t even scratch the surface of Universal in a couple of days.

Having a car is an essential for us.......I know many don’t have a car when they stay at Universal as some don’t travel around.......but for us there are so many restaurants for example that we don’t get in the UK that we like to experience........and things like the Orlando Eye, Mall at Millenia are so close and places like Mount Dora we always enjoy a few hours in places like that. It’s just so convenient having a car.

Next couple of trips we plan to go back for a beach day as March will be cooler........it was just too hot in September so that’s in the plans..........we love Clearwater and a few places around there.........and of course some resort time.........that we love too!

But, really looking forward to hearing about your trip........I’m sure your girls are all so excited too.........

Lol.........full disclosure.......I just had to Google Mario Lopez..........:blush: and yes, I can see why Mindy was happy!!! He’s new to me........

Yes, there’s a few things that some folks declare a disaster, but if Disney had done it, it would be fabulous! But, Fallon isn’t for us either.........but I’m glad one of your family liked it.........I just don’t get him at all........we did enjoy the Panda though.......if only because Kyle and Tom loved seeing me jump 10 feet in the air!

Oh you’ll have a blast again at Universal.......sounds like it is right up your families street for the right way to spend your vacations.......fully relaxing and yes, we love how close the hotels are to the parks.......ideal to get back for some pool time.......doesn’t take long at all. It is incredibly relaxing and yep, we couldn’t even scratch the surface of Universal in a couple of days.

Having a car is an essential for us.......I know many don’t have a car when they stay at Universal as some don’t travel around.......but for us there are so many restaurants for example that we don’t get in the UK that we like to experience........and things like the Orlando Eye, Mall at Millenia are so close and places like Mount Dora we always enjoy a few hours in places like that. It’s just so convenient having a car.

Next couple of trips we plan to go back for a beach day as March will be cooler........it was just too hot in September so that’s in the plans..........we love Clearwater and a few places around there.........and of course some resort time.........that we love too!

But, really looking forward to hearing about your trip........I’m sure your girls are all so excited too.........

Mindy grew up when Lopez was on a kid's TV show called Saved By the Bell. It was big here in the '90s. I'm a bit older, so I never watched it but he's one of her early crushes. I will say this much, having seen him in person, he has killer dimples.

I'm not a Fallon fan. My late night television choices skew edgier and sometimes more political. I preferred Letterman to Leno and I prefer Colbert to Fallon. Every now and then, if I see a clip, I'll think "That's fun". But it's not my style of show. Too lightweight. The jokes in the ride are only funny in that they are really, really not funny. We didn't see the Panda during our visits, but if the Panda scared Mindy I would automatically proclaim Race Through New York the best attraction ever. She scares easy too.

Last year was our first real Uni visit. I had been for a day once before and we all went for another day in 2015. Last summer was our first multi-day visit. I had suggested getting passes to make two trips. With Spring Break approaching, we would have gone on our second trip, but Mindy scuttled the pass plan. And she regretted it because she really wanted to go back. So this year, she suggested revisiting the two-trip plan. Looks like we'll be somewhat frequent visitors for a little while anyway. Nothing like you guys though.

There are two things I truly hate. One is shopping and the other is fees. So the idea of paying a $22/day parking fee in order to go to the mall didn't appeal to me at all. But I was able to get a special deal on the hotel which knocks $10/day off the parking fee and I figure we can make up the difference by doing a little grocery shopping and eating off site. Mindy drinks an insane amount of Coke Zero. If we buy them all on property, we would have to factor that into our budget. But with a car, we can buy a 24 pack that hopefully will last all week (but probably won't).

Definitely looking forward to reading about your further adventures. I keep telling the family about the English woman that knows everyone in Universal and keeps getting free stuff. You're a legend in out house! ;)

Lol.......who’s this English woman........

I’m Scottish........:D

Although I do live in England for now.........who knows where we’ll end up when DS finally buys his own place......wouldn’t leave here till he is settled.

Walmart is so close for picking up things like coke and many other things that would be expensive onsite.......glad to hear you plan to visit more often........I’m sure you’ll love each visit more!

Yep, think I’m too old for saved by the Bell too.......heard of it, that’s about it.........

Thanks for your trip report... I love reading them! I have a very important question from page 7: Did Royal Pacific change their bathroom products???

Thanks for your trip report... I love reading them! I have a very important question from page 7: Did Royal Pacific change their bathroom products???

Yes they have changed the products, I think I prefer the new ones a little bit more.........and I agree the products are indeed important :D

Thanks for the lovely comments too......glad to hear you enjoy them!

I'm a little late to this thread but I thoroughly enjoyed this trip report! And thank you for your beautiful pictures of NYC also. We live in the suburbs of NY and could never get my husband's family to visit here bc they thought of NY as dangerous, dirty, etc. and you really did it justice, showed how beautiful it can be. Really glad to see you got to Central Park also. Can I ask what camera you are using, I know it's skill but I'm looking for a new camera right now and the colors were outstanding.

I'm a little late to this thread but I thoroughly enjoyed this trip report! And thank you for your beautiful pictures of NYC also. We live in the suburbs of NY and could never get my husband's family to visit here bc they thought of NY as dangerous, dirty, etc. and you really did it justice, showed how beautiful it can be. Really glad to see you got to Central Park also. Can I ask what camera you are using, I know it's skill but I'm looking for a new camera right now and the colors were outstanding.

Hey........still glad to hear you enjoyed reading........always like to read that!!

Yes, I adored NYC the first time I went in 2013 and I grew to love it even more after the next few trips, so really hoped Tom loved it too......and he did.

I do think some folks have a misguided perception of the city........it`s stunning and I can honestly say I have never felt unsafe in any of my trips there......even when we were in Times Square when the Boston Bomb went off and the city suddenly swarmed with police and other law enforcement folks with even bigger guns!!! But, we love the city and are so looking forward to going back in July this year........Central Park is a real favourite place, it`s so beautiful. I`m so glad to read you liked the pictures.

As for camera`s I use a Nikon Coolpix B500, nothing too fancy, it`s a plum purple colour....of course :D......but, I quite like that it takes good pics in the dark, and it`s really easy to use...........

i-Bc3rHQj-XL.jpg

........and Tom uses a fancy Canon camera.........although I have to say some of the pictures that came out a little blurry all came from his "fancy" camera.....lol........

But I`m so glad you stopped by to make a comment......I appreciate it.........:wave2:

Thank you so much, this is exactly what I am looking for! I was hanging around the Photography Board on here last week looking for camera info. Honestly your pics are as nice as ones on there, and many have very expensive cameras I'm sure, which I did not want. You really did a beautiful job not only of FL but showcasing how gorgeous NY can be, some of the nicest I've seen of NYC. Thanks again!

I use a point and shoot camera, and my DH has has one of those fancy cameras with the extra lenses. I think my pics come out better a lot of times. Don't you have a trip starting soon? We have officially booked out trip for August at RPR!

I use a point and shoot camera, and my DH has has one of those fancy cameras with the extra lenses. I think my pics come out better a lot of times. Don't you have a trip starting soon? We have officially booked out trip for August at RPR!

Awww.....fabulous you have your trip sorted and it’s RP!! Hope it’s amazing.......well, I’m sure it will be......

Yes, my cameras pictures do look better.......so, Tom then said well maybe he needs a new camera.......lol...and he says I’m a shopper!!

Yes, we are at RP 4 weeks today for 10 nights........cannot wait!! It seems so long since we were there in December which sounds ridiculous considering we used to wait a year between trips.......but so excited to be going back so soon and so often this year......:)

I just love your report! You guys are a beautiful family. You really lift my spirits sitting here in NY suburbs with a Nor'Easter hitting us, but when I see your beautiful pics and read your report I am just transported away! hehe.

I just love your report! You guys are a beautiful family. You really lift my spirits sitting here in NY suburbs with a Nor'Easter hitting us, but when I see your beautiful pics and read your report I am just transported away! hehe.

Aww thanks!!

That does look quite a nasty weather system hitting you right now! We’ve had the infamous Beast from the East storm last 3 days.......and it’s hitting hard! We’re not used to weather this bad in the UK. Hope it passes quickly for you though.......

But, I’m glad you’ve passed your time reading it........nice to hear........:)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!