26 Nights, Triple Celebration Trip...NYC, RPR & HHN....and Irma has a go...A 2017 Trip

TUESDAY 12TH SEPTEMBER...........

I woke up this morning with the realization this was my last day in my 40`s...........:P

Not the perfect first thought of the day........but........the start of the day it was.......Tom was sound asleep.......I checked the clock and it was only 6.15 and still dark.......we had left the blinds open last night as I loved falling asleep with the lights of all the buildings shimmering away as I dropped off.......Tom did grumble slightly he liked total darkness.......but it`s not often you have this view as you fall asleep........so I won that one.......he wasn't really bothered though as he was so tired he could have slept if the sun had been glaring in......

But I soon became restless.....once I`m awake I want to be up and out........so I nudged him gently......then not so gently........then quite roughly and then proclaimed he woke me.......lol.......he wasn't fooled.......I told him it was another gorgeous day and we shouldn't miss any.......I think he may have mumbled something under his breath about my enthusiasm......lol.......but today was going to be a gentle one........as we had the 2 extra days we could do some more things on those days, so it was like being given a free day......

So showered dressed we headed out........today I was taking Tom to Juniors for breakfast.......I knew he would like it and there is loads of choice for everyone......I just hoped it wasn't too busy.......it only takes less than 10 minutes to walk there from NY Palace.......very central.

I love Juniors........food is so good and breakfast was the same, I had enjoyed a few breakfasts on previous trips and I knew what I was having already......we walked though an already busy Times Square.....it was just beginning to come to life.......

We are seated immediately, it`s busy but not overly so........we get some coffee poured for us and then we peruse the menu.....well Tom does.......he quickly decided to have Canadian bacon with eggs and a side of the sausages that we`ll share as they are delicious.......and I order pancakes with bacon and the gorgeous maple syrup that's in a container on the table........I am so greedy with maple syrup........sorted. And it comes with a side of cinnamon apples!!!!

i-92NQ2xZ-XL.jpg

i-jrxGW43-XL.jpg

i-kdDCvjf-XL.jpg

This was one of the best breakfasts we had in NY. So good.....although Tom wasn't overly keen on the Canadian bacon.......he wished he`d just got regular, but he said the rest was gorgeous.......and it really was.......and with plenty of hot coffee to start us off for the day we were good to go........I don’t think I even made a dent in the pancakes......it’s a huge portion and delicious as they are, it was just too much.....a quick visit to the bathroom and we were set to go.......still didn't manage a slice of their cheesecake........

We walked fairly slowly up towards central park again......Tom had really enjoyed it there so I thought we might as well go spend some of the day here.......the city wasn't too busy and we were walking up 7th Ave.......one thing that I suppose is just a way of life today.....but everyone, and I mean everyone is on their phones constantly......and everyone is plugged into something........I understand why of course.....but it amazes me of how we all need them so much. We were not missing ours at all........

We crossed over and stepped into the park and it immediately felt so tranquil.......it was a lot busier today with nannies and little ones around, but you didn't seem to notice.....everyone is so friendly and chats and that's one of the things I love about the city and the park especially.......I know some people find the opposite and say folks are unfriendly here......but we didn't find that at all.

I chose a different park entrance today, but we planned to end up in the same place......Bethesda Fountain. There is so much more to do in Central Park, but this would do us for now......it is a sprawling park and we had only tackled less than half.....but the rest didn't appeal as much, so we were happy going back again to the same place........

i-ZxKW9bz-XL.jpg

i-9DTLtjK-XL.jpg

i-TxH3D2c-XL.jpg

i-pmhC3dz-XL.jpg

This building is the cutest little gift shop and information centre I had ever seen.......we didn't go in this time, but they are very helpful and full of any information you can think to ask them.......

i-FcT3Rdw-XL.jpg

We literally just strolled around and we did notice there was an aroma of flowers around us......couldn't really see any that we could pick out but considering where we are it felt very fresh........another thing we loved about the park......we just loved everything.

i-n4CbvBn-XL.jpg

i-XNNp4Hw-XL.jpg

Our tranquility was briefly broken here by the piercing sound of a fast police siren go off once........we turn to see two outriders and a motorcade behind with a car with blacked out windows being followed by secret service officers.........now, we had no idea who it was nor did we find out.......we knew Donald wasn't in NY today at least, but I imagine his motorcade would be much larger anyway.......it was coming to UN week......so it could have been anyone.......but it was something we hadn't seen before here........

i-FMwBrVW-XL.jpg

i-XNGLhbJ-XL.jpg

The Mall was a lot quieter today.......a few artists stopped to chat, and strangely not try and sell us anything......just folks who enjoy talking I think.....asking where we were from, what did we think of their city and so on........

I was still so struck just how beautiful Central Park is........

i-pJP3N5D-XL.jpg

Back to our favourite fountain again.........it was quiet too, there was a guy with a saxophone and was singing love songs, he actually had a good voice.....

i-kFhCjN2-XL.jpg

Here again we get chatting to folks, this time they are from Scotland....they hear me talk to Tom and immediately start chatting like we are old friends.......and around 30 minutes later we are still there.......it was nice talking to them and I cannot remember their name........but we do take each others pictures of course.......

i-Wt9xpSv-XL.jpg

We sit for a while after they leave and enjoy the sunshine.......it really is relaxing and Tom says he is so happy we added NY to our trip......I'm so glad as I genuinely wasn't sure what he would think of the city in general, but he did like it and that was all that mattered to me, you can`t put a price on that .........eventually leave the fountain area and head to The Boathouse where we only have something in the café and not the restaurant as we are having a nice meal tonight.......we have a fruit cup and some lemonade.......

i-P8h5P8P-XL.jpg

We enjoy our time just sitting having a lemonade, it was very nice.......but head back out of the park and wander back down to The Plaza as it is now Prosecco time......we did like this new invention we had created just for us.......lol.......

Again we didn't take pictures but we went to another little bar like the one on the previous day in the food court downstairs......it was nice and we had 2 glasses of prosecco and no food. We were eating early tonight as we were seeing Wicked.

We sat for a little while enjoying the sparkly.....trying not to be tempted by the food offerings all around us.....and there were many......there was a slice of cheesecake that would make the Cheesecake Factory portion look mean.......but, we finished our drinks and headed back down Madison Ave to the hotel.......

It was mid afternoon but I have no idea of the real time........we had to be in the theatre around 6.30 as we had to pick up tickets and we wanted to have a look around before we went in to sit down. So we thought we would eat around 4.30pm.

Tom had booked Ruth`s Chris as it is one of my favourite places to eat.......so we got showered and changed and walked down the short walk to the restaurant.......it was on W51st St, so quite near the theatre and still close to us.......it took us less than 10 minutes to walk there.......we were greeted by a lovely young lady who took us to our table and scattered a few Happy Birthday tokens on the table.......nice touch again......Tom had put down on the booking it was my birthday.........

We ordered a bottle of wine before we looked at the menu.....they did have one I particularly liked, a Russian River Sonoma Cutrer chardonnay, so that was my choice........it was a beautiful restaurant and I would love to eat there again sometime, and it was reasonably busy for such an early hour. Normally we would never eat dinner this early, but for seeing the show it was our preference over waiting till after 10 to eat.

i-FHJc7jv-XL.jpg

Not sure where Tom`s glasses are in this picture......although he takes his off to read, I put mine on to read.........

i-sLRzFqv-XL.jpg

i-jsqqrNt-XL.jpg

We enjoyed some bread and the most gorgeous butter and tried not to eat too much of it, which wasn't easy........by now we had decide what we were having........I eventually chose crab cakes and Tom chose crab stuffed mushrooms for our appetizer.......she asked if we had eaten at Ruth`s Chris before, I said we had in Orlando, but she wanted to make sure we knew about their exceptionally nuclear hot plates they are famous for and their large sharing sides.....we said yes, we knew what the plates would be like.......

i-8cQgsMp-XL.jpg

i-h8W25ML-XL.jpg

They were both stunning....and still cooking!!!! Those plates really are nuclear hot.....but we like that, I hate a cold plate with hot food......the food was so good........I had never tasted a crab cake so good in my life. Tom loved the mushrooms, I don't eat mushrooms but he gave me little taste of the stuffing and it was gorgeous........we had both chosen well..........

Our entrees were no brainers for us........I ordered the 11oz filet medium rare and Tom ordered the New York Strip and we shared potato gratin........there was decent time between courses which we liked and our waitress was very attentive without being intrusive and just the right amount of interaction.......it`s a fine line sometimes but she was perfect.........

We enjoyed the break between courses and just chatted away, but, when our entrees appeared we were over the moon.....they looked fabulous.....

i-dHpQKtm-XL.jpg

i-8qZ2KFk-XL.jpg

i-Nw9wc5J-XL.jpg

Oh my goodness!!! We could finally say we had enjoyed the best steaks we had ever eaten..........this was how you cooked a steak.......my filet didn't really need a knife at all.......it was divine.......tasty without being over seasoned........and perfectly cooked.......and Tom never spoke for the first few bites of his.......it really was delicious........we took our time to savour every taste.......while wanting to eat as quickly as possible as it was lush!!!! The potato gratin was also still cooking as the plate was sizzling.......but it was perfectly cooked too and very tasty.........

Ever wanted to lick the plate!!!! We had loved this meal......

We sat back, had a little pause and thought the same thing at the same time.......dessert.

We remembered their desserts were large too.......so when the plates were cleared we said to give us 10 minutes before asking about dessert.......no problem and she was so glad the steaks had been perfect........we sat back a little and mused over such a delicious meal........by now we had finished the wine and it had been delicious too........always a good choice.........

She came back around 10 minutes later and we decided to share one of their Crème Brulees and coffee...........and she had added a little birthday candle......

i-rWRxfBC-XL.jpg

i-PpbMtBq-XL.jpg

It really was gorgeous.......I think we did fight over the last spoonful........not unusual there.........it was rich though, so we were glad we didn't have one each.....and we were impressed it had the perfect hard shell on top.........always a good judge if it`s a good one or not......this one was so good!!!

We sat for a little while as we had plenty of time now and spoke about our trip so far.....it was definitely a success and I was so happy about that. I loved NYC and wanted Tom to love it too and he did............but eventually we paid the check and wandered back out and headed the short walk down to the Gershwin Theatre..........

I was desperate for Tom to also love Wicked. I adored The Wizard of Oz.......he liked it a lot.......and I believed that Wicked is enjoyed more if you enjoy the Oz movie.........you can of course still enjoy it if you haven't seen it....is there anyone who hasn't seen The Wizard of Oz?????

I love how it turns what you think you know about the Wizard of Oz and turns it upside down and back to front all in one move........I had seen it 4 times before, 3 times on Broadway and once in London with a friend........but Tom had never see it and I tried desperately not to tell him the story.........almost did many times....

We arrived around 6.30pm and went straight to pick up tickets. We had to make sure we had the credit card we paid with and ID.......I had remembered to bring both.........so tickets in hand we went upstairs to see the displays and memorabilia outside the theatre itself........it`s worth checking out........

Made a quick bathroom visit and then into the theater itself.........Tom was quite impressed and was even more impressed when he saw our seats were indeed good ones.......would I choose bad seats!!!! My niece and I had sat in these seats a previous year and mum and I had sat in the ones at the end in the centre last year......I like the end of the row as I hate that feeling of being surrounded.....so these were perfect..........

i-DJgbBZx-XL.jpg

i-HBfwCkk-XL.jpg

i-ZRgD553-XL.jpg

i-xTsJcHF-XL.jpg

Without any spoilers, I will say Tom thought this was the best show he has ever seen. From the moment it started he was as transfixed as I had been each time I had watched this show........it blows you away.....everything about it screams fabulous.......it is spine tinglingly wonderful in every aspect........and the song Defying Gravity before the interval........well, it sends shivers down my spine every time........the whole show is wonderful. A definite not miss show anywhere........the level of talent they have is beyond words........and it is very clever.......and a special mention to Rondi Reed who plays Madame Morrible.......she is the actress who plays Mike`s mum in Mike and Molly....she is fabulous.......

And quick tip.....at the interval get to the bathrooms as fast as you decently can.......there`s a massive queue, but there is a lady who "controls" the queue.....

So it was a fantastic night.........it truly lifts you above where you go in for the evening......and try and get those songs out your head.......even today!!!!

We were on such a high we thought we`d never sleep tonight as we walked back to the hotel........singing all the way.....I apologise to anyone who passed us and heard our wailings.........but we got back to the hotel and went into the lounge to have a cocktail before bed........

The Maitre` D remembered us from the first day and said how nice it was to see us again........good memory.......so we ordered a cocktail and he brought some of those gorgeous little snacks......even though we weren't hungry we snacked on them anyway.......the cocktails were nice and we sat and passed half an hour or so before paying the check and heading upstairs.........

We were quite sad at the thought of leaving this hotel........goodness knows what this downtown hotel would be like....and sad because we should have been flying to Orlando tomorrow to celebrate my birthday........but we would make the best of it and for now we were still on a high from Wicked.

It would be hard to sleep..........

Last edited:
Wonderful updates, sounds like some awesome days and nights in NYC! Wicked is so spectacular I would love to see it again! Your bracelet and ring from Tiffany's look beautiful, such a nice gift for your Anniversary and Birthday! Glad you got your airline reservations squared away!

Oh Carole, oh Carole!! You had me at Russian River Valley and Sonoma. I enjoy a good chardonnay, but we're cabernet lovers and have zeroed in on vineyards in the Russian River Valley appellation in Sonoma County and the Rutherford and Oakville appellations in Napa.

Should you ever want to venture to the West Coast, wine country is absolutely breathtaking. We have two trips on the calendar for next year, one to Colorado so that Corey can see the first state in which he lived and our second trip will be to Napa Valley.

I've so enjoyed your time in NYC and can't wait to see how you and Tom spend your 'extra' two days!

Amazing!! They really were gorgeous.......well cooked and tasty.......we did say they weren't the best steaks we`d ever had, but they were pretty darn good......and the sides were lovely too........we had enjoyed it.
Next time you're in NYC, you must go to Quality Meats! I've never had a better steak ever. Plus, it's right around the corner from the Plaza.

We decided then to grab a cab and go to The Plaza for champagne..........well we ended up with snacks and prosecco.......and I don't know why we have no pictures but we don't.
The champagne bar there is so fun! Went with a friend of mine and we did the same - prosecco and cheese plate

Without any spoilers, I will say Tom thought this was the best show he has ever seen. From the moment it started he was as transfixed as I had been each time I had watched this show
Glad he liked it. I've seen it 4 times (3 in NYC, one in London) and it's incredible. Can't say I'll see it again anytime soon though... so much else to see!

Delightful as always! Eagerly looking forward to the next installment!

Thanks......glad you’re still enjoying.......trying to get it done as quick as I can.......lol......

Wonderful updates, sounds like some awesome days and nights in NYC! Wicked is so spectacular I would love to see it again! Your bracelet and ring from Tiffany's look beautiful, such a nice gift for your Anniversary and Birthday! Glad you got your airline reservations squared away!

Thanks.......I never expected that for my birthday at all........it’s lovely he can still surprise me after all these years.......isn't Wicked the Best!! Yep, I’d see it again in a heartbeat........:)

Oh Carole, oh Carole!! You had me at Russian River Valley and Sonoma. I enjoy a good chardonnay, but we're cabernet lovers and have zeroed in on vineyards in the Russian River Valley appellation in Sonoma County and the Rutherford and Oakville appellations in Napa.

Should you ever want to venture to the West Coast, wine country is absolutely breathtaking. We have two trips on the calendar for next year, one to Colorado so that Corey can see the first state in which he lived and our second trip will be to Napa Valley.

I've so enjoyed your time in NYC and can't wait to see how you and Tom spend your 'extra' two days!

Well, that was one thought for our main trip this year......we did look at little hotels and guest houses around Napa and what kind of tours we could do......but ultimately NY and Orlando won us over......oh I can drink anything.....except Rose wine.......yuk......White Zinfandel is just like sugared water.........I love Pinot Noir when it’s red.....a good one though........

2 extra days coming up........:D

Next time you're in NYC, you must go to Quality Meats! I've never had a better steak ever. Plus, it's right around the corner from the Plaza.

The champagne bar there is so fun! Went with a friend of mine and we did the same - prosecco and cheese plate

Glad he liked it. I've seen it 4 times (3 in NYC, one in London) and it's incredible. Can't say I'll see it again anytime soon though... so much else to see!

I agree Wicked is incredible and yep, there’s so much to see it’s so difficult........We would love to have seen Come from Away, but the queues in the morning were ridiculous just for the chance to see it.......so maybe next time........oh the champagne bar is gorgeous........I’m definitely going back there next time......but definitely considering a stay at the Plaza too......I really did love it......haven’t heard of Quality Meats.....thanks will keep it in mind.........

Glad you’re still reading along..........:)

Grear trip report, I've just caught up. We have never been to New York before but its on my list, perhaps next year with the girls for my 45th (any excuse). Dh is keen to start in New York on one of our Florida trips which would be lovely and I'm sure now ds is older (10) it would be great, he likes cities but I'd also love an adult only trip there.
Your hotel looked amazing, I loved how helpful they were in helping you change your travel. Looks like you had a lovely pre birthday night, I'm a fan of Wicked but have only seen it once in Edinburgh.
Looking forward to reading more.

WEDNESDAY 13TH SEPT........

HAPPY 50TH BIRTHDAY

Well, the day had dawned.......I was 50........50.......still struggled to believe I was 50......so I kept repeating it as I'm truly convinced I`m really only 35....although the body says different some days..........lol........

As usual, I was awake first.........today was an unusual birthday.....first one I hadn't been able to see Kyle which was different, but I had been lucky enough to have a large family celebration in Scotland before we left this year, so I had received all my cards and gifts ahead of time.....apart from a few friends I still had to see.......but this would just be different........Tom had brought a card with him for me, but I hadn't brought any others of course........

I did however have my ring to open so I didn't gently nudge Tom this morning I launched myself (no mean task) and woke him up like an excited 5 year old......he was laughing as he had been awake for ages and was wondering how long I`d last before I woke him......lol.....he knows me so well.......but first we had to shower and get dressed and finish off the last minute packing for our move today. I really wasn't looking to this move as I was unsure of the hotel as I hadn't had the time to research and book what we really wanted. Well, we would have stayed here of course given the choice.

After I got dressed I looked out the window and during the night huge NYPD concrete blocks had been added to the sidewalk in front of the hotel....and a huge police presence was around.......of course, the hotel was hosting some of the highest delegates for UN week. Slightly disconcerting to see but still never felt unsafe.......just the thought that has to go into everything these days before any event sadly.

We had ordered breakfast in bed this morning........just a basic coffee and croissant as we would eat later......and it was nice........we ate before we took a picture.....

But it was ring time..........although it wasn't a surprise anymore, opening a Tiffany box is still a treat......

i-wcbHvL8-XL.jpg

I wasn't totally on the window ledge as it was just too high......Tom found it funny I couldn't sit on it properly for fear I was going to fall out of the safety enhanced and locked window!!!! Still, the thought was bad enough.........I had to cling on just to look down every time........

But I opened the box with relish........

i-Qn7TzQM-XL.jpg

Yep.......I loved it........Tom was immediately saying we would have to get it insured and did I really want to wear it till then.......was he kidding......of course I was going to wear it......but then I thought about it and did indeed decide to wait until then......all though I did wear it a couple of times when we were going out for dinner..........he also said we would get some other presents when we were in Orlando. I knew I wanted a new iPad and a Michael Kors bag, but that would wait...........

So with that out of the way we went about the unhappy task of checking out and moving. Although we didn't need to check out till 12, we thought we might as well just go and get settled in to the new hotel as the NY Palace had arranged for us to check in early at the Marriott.......so we got packed up and checked the room as usual in case we left something, and remembered to empty the safe.......we took a last look at our beautiful room with a view and trundled down with our cases to check out. We bumped straight into Maurice who looked extremely busy and important.......but he stopped what he was doing to wish us a safe onward journey and was glad we had such a fabulous stay at the Palace.......we really did.

Check out was brief and pleasant.........I did ask if any availability had come up didn't matter what it was we would take it......but sadly, it was genuinely full. She said we would miss all the security checks that would be in place in the next few days but that wouldn't have bothered us at all. So we had a car take us downtown and it was waiting outside when we went out. We didn't see Vinmore the very wonderful concierge before we left, but we had emailed the hotel manager to let her know what a star he had been.

So, car downtown was uneventful.........till we got downtown.......my goodness the amount of work that is going on between road works and hotel building works........It took almost an hour and goodness knows what a cab would have cost......but eventually we pulled up outside our hotel and just looked....it was surrounded by building work and there was no entrance.......you walked up a little sectioned off corridor which had dust all around.......not a great start......

Went into check in and we were met by two young ladies who obviously didn't want to be there........no friendly welcome and warm fuzzy feeling.......it was just name.......wow.......I new then I would never stay here again. But we got all our info and she said our room would be available maybe at 4pm as housekeeping had come in late........what all of them!!! I knew we would be wasting our time asking for the service we expected, so we asked where we could store our luggage.......I did think twice when I saw it......it was a little room.....outside with the busboy/concierge???? guy.......basically the guy who hailed cabs......it didn't look safe at all.....but we thought......ok. We took with us anything of value and decided to set off for the couple of hours we had.

Then I turned around from where I was stood on the pavement............wow.........

i-dsKhGrh-XL.jpg

We really were that close to the building.........it truly takes your breath away........

We were a little stunned that we were so close, but we would wander over and it literally was just across the street, but we wanted some lunch now......the croissant I had earlier hadn't really done the trick and even Tom was hungry......so we walked around the corner and found a place called The Essex Café......during 9/11 it had been a medical station for anyone who needed help in any way. They still have the sign on the wall that hung outside letting everyone know they would get help there.......there`s also memories in pictures of that time on the wall. It was quite emotional seeing it all actually.....

But the sandwiches and everything else looked great........there was a guy organizing and taking everyone`s orders......this guy was loud and brash but he was serving a LOT of people.....lots of cops we noticed.......he was quite scary and we ordered and he missed mine.....I asked him again and he said I GOT it.......well, Ok then.......I wasn't going to argue with this guy..........but he soon realized after I was still stood he hadn't got it........but he was yelling and shouting and organizing all at the same time so I waited......and a few minutes later I had my sandwich.......Tom had finished his by now and had loved every bite of it...........

i-nRKRhhf-XL.jpg

i-CCM4Hhm-XL.jpg

Mine was chicken salad with honey mustard and Tom had BLT with fries..........I have to say they were good sandwiches and cheap as chips.......only around $20 for both of us........we devoured them as they were so good and we were definitely coming back here......despite the loud guy......the amount of folks they served while we sat was amazing and all the time shouting and barking orders to everyone.......quite the NY experience..........

Now we wandered over to see the Trade Centre area.

I have mixed feelings about taking pictures here. It`s such an emotional place, but there are signs up encouraging you to take pictures and touch the names engraved, but to be respectful......we did see a security guard approach a woman who was about to empty her lunch from a backpack out onto the names and had to tell her to do it on the ground.........something you really shouldn't need to be told to do.

So we did take pictures, but it`s the strangest feeling here, beautiful but with an inherent feeling of deep sadness. We smiled, but didn't really feel like smiling........at the same time it is beautiful what they have done with those pools and the surrounding area....and of course the Tower itself is stunning.

The infinity pools have names of people that died on that day, I think we read them all. Particularly sad is when you see a ladies name and after her name it says and her unborn child. I struggled here......but it`s something you have to do. We also didn't do the Memorial Tour.......a friend had said leave it till next time...this was a celebration trip and they found the tour harrowing, so we took her advice. It did look something that should be done though.....the queue was huge to get in, so I would say definitely book your time ahead.

But, we did take some pictures.........

i-mpQQZ2j-XL.jpg

i-h33h6VG-XL.jpg

i-xcRW25w-XL.jpg

i-HRmnkB6-XL.jpg

We spent a fair amount of time walking around the two pools.......Tom asked if I wanted to go to the top of the tower, but I said no this time.....I`d leave that too for another trip........but we did wander over to see the Oculus......its the transportation hub for Trade Centre area........it looks very unusual, but fits in well........you can see where they have subliminally incorporated the original Trade Centre design........

i-jmBZj7f-XL.jpg

i-cRFJ58c-XL.jpg

We turned around and headed to walk towards the Financial District to see what was there......again, I had briefly visited couple of trips ago, but it was brief.....we just saw the Stock Exchange and the Bull.......that was about it....oh and Trinity Church........we walked back up Trinity Place and turned to go into Wall St. Even on this short walk you can see all the old buildings that used to be pivotal in the creation of this city.....so full of history, but sadly many are being knocked down and replaced with shiny tower blocks. It took less than 10 minutes from the Trade Centre. Again there is so much scaffolding around it doesn't look pretty the way we walked in.....but it`s quite impressive all the same.......

i-dvcD9wB-XL.jpg

And looking back at Trinity Church, another essential building during the time after the attacks.

i-zdQvvNV-XL.jpg

i-55vSMdG-XL.jpg

We spend the usual amount of time I imagine looking around this area........there`s not a huge amount to do apart from look around......so we head down towards the river which is another maybe 10 minutes walk.........I love water.......hate being in it......but I love living close and being close to water anytime.....

It`s another beautiful day and we are enjoying being down here........it`s an added bonus as I didn't think we had enough time originally to see all we wanted to see down this end........but now we did. I did put out of my mind that right now we should be on our way to Orlando.........

As we reached the water we were looking around when we heard this amazing sound........I looked around and saw this giant thing in the sky and boy was it loud.......I said that's a heck of a helicopter.........Tom said well, that's an Osprey.......I had never heard of this before, but apparently I`m in the minority......Kyle was impressed when we told him........it`s a military plane that's been described as half plane half helicopter totally bad a$$......the vertical performance of a helicopter with the speed and range of a fixed-wing aircraft. With its rotors in vertical position, it can take off, land and hover like a helicopter. Darn impressive in any language............Tom took a million pictures of it......I was more interested who was in it........we walked very quickly down to where it had landed but as there was no motorcade waiting we assumed it was just landing for some other reason........

i-GDCc6WD-XL.jpg

Tom began to explain how it works at length........although I do have an engineering background......I was just impressed I had seen one.......but it was interesting to see it........

It is beautiful around the water area........and a little cool breeze helped take the heat of the day away............

i-4rnVVLZ-XL.jpg

i-xB7JvQg-XL.jpg

We bought a bottle of Snapple from a guy and began to head back up towards the hotel cutting though Wall St again.......as we walked up I saw a Sushi restaurant my cousins husband head recommended to us. He comes into the City to work a few days a week, so we thought we would give it a try tonight......I thought sushi for my birthday would be nice. I would book it when we got back to the hotel.........

Walked back and unbelievably our room still wasn't ready........so we got our luggage and headed to the lounge bar on the 6th floor........it has a balcony with amazing views of the Trade Centre........there were plenty of seats as there was only one other person in.......the staff in here were lovely......very nice people and chatty........we ordered a glass of wine each and then headed to see the view from outside.........

i-tJKLmgM-XL.jpg

i-Bpf7T8Q-XL.jpg

i-PSQWqBV-XL.jpg

It was amazing.........in the centre of the picture is the Mosque they are building.

The bridge going over the road leads to a shopping Mall that is beautiful inside.....and the waterfront area......

We went back in and Skyped Kyle as he would be home from work by now and all sorted for the evening.........he was doing great and immediately wished me a Happy Birthday with a virtual hug.........I did miss him.......but we caught up with news and then we showed him our new view for a couple of days......he was impressed too........we chatted for ages as we were only waiting for the room........it was nice catching up with him after a few days.......but he was soon telling us he had things to do.......so we said our goodbyes and said we would try and skype before we left on Friday......

We headed back down to reception where our girls on reception were slightly friendlier than before........and told us our room was now ready......finally. There was a very nice man who operated the elevators for you......pressed the button anyway.......it was such a basic reception, very small and not very welcoming......but functional I suppose.........but we got up to the 14th floor and headed down to our room........

As this is a warts and all report I will post the pictures of our room, although cupboard would have been a better description.........there was a kind of tiled walkway into the room.....then the room........

i-4PK3jVs-XL.jpg

And that was about it.......there was barely enough room to put luggage on the floor and when you did you had to clamber over it to get around the bed.......it was tiny!!! The bathroom was lovely though.......and I will say it was very clean.......

Anyone who knows us knows money isn't our first priority......we are happy to pay whatever something costs as long as we enjoy it........and I said before I don't usually mention money in reports, but this annoyed me.......this was almost $900 for 2 nights.......we had paid $600 plus a night for The NY Palace and that was more than worth it.......this was ridiculous!

We went back down and asked for a better room......nothing available......we were told later when we mentioned how disappointed we were in the room size, well what do you expect having come from the New York Palace......stunned.

i-kt2McGS-XL.jpg

i-87G5kKR-XL.jpg

But, we would be in Orlando in a few days.......we could deal with this for 2 nights........we brought out a few clothes to do us the time we would be here and our toiletries and proceeded to get changed and showered for our night out. I do have to say the products in the bathroom were lovely too.......

cont in next post......

Grear trip report, I've just caught up. We have never been to New York before but its on my list, perhaps next year with the girls for my 45th (any excuse). Dh is keen to start in New York on one of our Florida trips which would be lovely and I'm sure now ds is older (10) it would be great, he likes cities but I'd also love an adult only trip there.
Your hotel looked amazing, I loved how helpful they were in helping you change your travel. Looks like you had a lovely pre birthday night, I'm a fan of Wicked but have only seen it once in Edinburgh.
Looking forward to reading more.

:welcome:

Glad you joined us..........oh any excuse will do for NY........lol......it is fine for kids, but perfect for adults only.......yes, the hotel was amazing....our next one not so much........but we made the best of it.......I had friends that saw Wicked when it toured Scotland, they saw it in the Hydro in Glasgow and said it was just as good there.........
Hope you enjoy the rest........:)

WEDNESDAY 13TH cont..........

Showered very quickly and dressed even quicker.......I did not want to spend any time in this room I didn't have to....it was very small and it felt even smaller.......so as soon as we were dressed we went downstairs to the lounge and had a glass of wine.......it was quite nice up there, again very minimal décor

We ended up ordering two little mini bottles of prosecco each.........I went online and reserved a table at the restaurant we wanted and hoped there was one this late........there was.

i-Z4vR992-XL.jpg

It was quite pleasant up here, and felt very much a business hotel rather than a family place to go......which was ok. We sat for maybe an hour or so and then set off the 15-20 minute walk to the restaurant.

We went the same route and walked past the historical buildings once more..........it was still quite busy at this time of night......but we were now hungry and walked fairly quickly being stuck behind someone who decided the whole world needed to know about her intimate parts and the issues she was having!!!!!! A little unnecessary.........but she was devoid of awareness around her I believe......her companion had the grace to look slightly embarrassed.......I was sincerely hoping they weren't going to the same place as us...as I would guarantee she`d be sat at the table next to us.........

However she turned off into a health juice bar.......no chance of us going in there.......far too healthy........

The restaurant is called Haru Sushi........and as we went in we were greeted very warmly by a young lady who took us to our nice table by the window.....although you wouldn't say it had a view.......but nice all the same........the waiters all greeted us nicely too.......I liked this place already.......

This was a nice menu......our waiter was lovely and asked if we had any allergies, I explained mine and he very briefly explained what I shouldn't order and what could be adapted but it wasn't a problem......I was pleased to hear that........so we ordered first as always our bottle of wine......they did have a better choice than I expected somehow.....so I easily found one we would really enjoy.........

On to the menu......so many choices of sushi and sashimi..........we were told to take our time and ask any questions......I like places that don't rush you in any way.........but, so many appetisers to choose from we were torn.........but eventually we chose spicy shrimp and king crab dumplings........he asked how spicy did I want the shrimp.........told him very spicy.........he smiled and said ok..........now I was worried.......lol.......I do like extra spicy food and I`m sometimes disappointed in America the levels of spice we get......sometimes!!

i-vbhfvFC-XL.jpg

i-BjTw3Dx-XL.jpg

i-WS7t5z7-XL.jpg

i-PC3zbXg-XL.jpg

I was surprised Tom chose the dumplings as it`s not something he would usually choose......but they were delicious......and my spicy shrimp was indeed spicy.......but they were fine for me.......he came to check they weren't too hot for me and saw they were almost done and said he was glad I had enjoyed as he was worried I wouldn't be able to eat them.......easy!!!! They both were delicious and accompanied by a favourite Hands of Time wine, it was a great start to the meal.........

i-TGjb9hK-XL.jpg

For our entrée we chose a shared sushi and sashimi meal...........it looked fairly substantial and it meant we could have a little of a few options we wanted to choose from........

i-3hB7TfK-XL.jpg

It was gorgeous!!! We didn't manage to finish all of it, but we made a good dent.........everything was of as high a standard as I expected.....I know the person who told us to go had high expectations of a restaurant.......and although this was a chain, it was a good one....

We had no room for dessert........but our waiter had heard Tom wish me a Happy Birthday as we toasted our first glass.......so he brought to the table, as a birthday gift from the restaurant a green tea dessert/ice cream.........we thought that was a lovely gesture.......not something I would ever order, but I would try it......

i-HkHjvdw-XL.jpg

It was weird.......it had a slight dumpling texture, but had ice cream in it........and it was nice. I think. We did finish it though as it was quite light in texture although it looks heavy.......

We then paid the check and thanked him for a lovely evening.......it really had been nice.....and I only mentioned once we should be in The Palm in Orlando..........I was glad we had chosen there tonight.

Walking back it was fairly quiet everywhere........but we felt totally safe.......everything is so pretty at night........

i-JNNkknC-XL.jpg

We got back to the hotel but first we had a walk over to see the infinity pools at night.......they were beautiful........

i-jsfP9N6-XL.jpg

i-MRbdMtL-XL.jpg

i-dsVs758-XL.jpg

We were only there around half an hour then we decided to go sit in the bar for a while, it was only just after 10.45pm and we were not looking forward to going back to our room........The staff on reception tonight were lovely, so different from the day staff today. but, into lounge and I went and sat down and Tom went to the bar to order drinks.......he was gone ages as the staff were so chatty........this was the nicest part of the hotel......

We took our drinks outside and admired the gorgeous view at night. Now I do have to say I understand the price is part reflection of the position of this hotel, it`s prime position of course it could be understood why they charge the prices they do. We had put the cost behind us now and just wanted to enjoy our last few days in NY.

It was lovely outside on the balcony........there were a few other folks enjoying the night air too.......and no one could smoke which made it extra pleasant.......it was a little misty tonight which made it extra pretty somehow.........we were entranced with this view.......

i-L25McsV-XL.jpg

But eventually we headed up to the room for munchkins........and we had decided that it was just a place to sleep.......we just hoped we could.

Really enjoying this report. I've not done a trip to NYC other than one day with friends to see a Broadway show back in the early 80s (42nd Street), though my sister goes often. I've learned more from you than I've learned from her family. Still not sure this is a place I'm up for visiting (I'm really not a city person), but there are things I'd like to see and you've made it sound wonderful. Thanks so much. Looking forward to more of your trip!

I am loving this report. I binged on your report from last year (Didn't get much work done that day...:rolleyes1)

Your writing and attention to detail is like a great novel that I cannot put down.

I live about an hour away from NYC so I visit fairly often, its so enjoyable to see others views of the city.

I am ashamed to admit, I check this thread often looking for your next post. My apologies for stalking.

THURSDAY 14TH SEPTEMBER........

Yesterday had been the strangest birthday I think I ever had........usually I`m on the phone to mum, family and friends.......I did get a load of emails but it was still weird not having the normal birthday I usually have, but it was still lovely and vey special being in NYC.

As for the room only being a place to sleep.......well we didn't........the bed was unbelievably uncomfortable, but as bad as that was.....the air conditioning unit was like a jumbo jet taking off beside us. And poor Tom was in the blast area as he was right beside it........every 20 minutes or so this thing fired up and then took off even louder.........and the cold blast it sent over us was awful. Around 3am we began to laugh as it was the total juxtaposition we had been in with our previous hotel.........we did try and turn it off, but the room became unbearably hot.........I will say we reported it in the morning and the maintenance guy said there was nothing wrong with it and maybe we weren't used to aircon!!! At that point I asked him to leave the room.........

So we were up sharp, showered and dressed quickly. We were out of the hotel by 7.30 I believe.......

It was fresh at this time of the morning......very fresh.......we went around the corner to the loud and bustling Essex Café again.......we knew despite the loud guy we would get a nice basic breakfast.........it was heaving......but most were construction guys or cops who were having take out.....so there were loads of tables through the back........we stood for a second to decide while this guy yelled did we know what we wanted......I must have looked shocked as a cop beside me whispered his bark really was worse than his bite.....then yelled at the guy to stop scaring the tourists......I burst out laughing and asked with a twinkle how did he know I was a tourist.......now he laughed!!!! And immediately yelled I was Scottish!!!! lol.......he proclaimed his love for everything Scottish......rather loudly too.......the loud guy wasn't pleased his queue was being held up so proceeded to ignore me.....I was laughing so hard at this point with this cop I though we were going to be asked to leave.........but eventually the Officer got his take out and bid me in a Scottish accent a fond farewell.........hey, a guy in Uniform will do for me........lol.......now I turned to face angry loud guy......that took the smile off my face........

I ordered sausage bacon and scrambled egg for Tom and Pancakes and bacon for me........he was almost polite for a second but then began yelling at the next bunch to get their orders ready quickly....as he said the word quickly he glanced back at me........I didn't know whether to laugh or cry at this point.......it was so funny........but the food was good and the pancakes were huge........and coffee was nice.......I did get the food back to the table and giving angry guy a big smile as I passed him........I then noticed he had given me sausages instead of bacon........well I wasn't going back.....and actually the sausages were gorgeous....very peppery which I liked.......

I sat down at the table Tom was at and immediately gave him one of the pancakes........I`d never eat all of those.......

i-cXvKJT3-XL.jpg

I think the whole breakfast was around $15 not including tip......an absolute bargain........this is an amazing little place......if you`re in this area look it up.....you can`t miss it across from the Trade Centre.........

We ate up and when we were full we stopped. Portions were huge........but I did finish all the maple syrup........it was delicious......

But we were ready to start our day now.......

I had thought we would go on The Staten Island Ferry. This was another thing Tom wanted to do, but with 5 days decided we didn't have enough time, so this was a real bonus.......I had a cardigan on this morning as it was still fresh although it was early........I had high hopes it would warm up. Last time I went on this ferry although it was warm, it was cold out in the water, so I was ready today........Tom had no such jacket. So I hoped it wouldn't be too bad......

We walked down Trinity Place all the way down to Battery Park, and the ferry terminal is right there.......you can`t miss it......

We again walked past the ticket touts.....and I was a little disappointed no one tried to sell me a ticket for the ferry.......of course everyone knows the ferry is free......but I suppose there`s always some that don't speak great English and could be caught out........but, we walked straight in and the place was fairly quiet........we didn't have to wait long for the next ferry........ The Ferry runs 24 hours a day/ 7 days a week. More ferries run (every 15 or 20 minutes,) on the weekdays during the rush hours of 6am-9.30am and 3.30-8pm, with either 30-minute or 60-minute service the rest of the day. On weekends, service is provided every half hour from 6am-7pm on Saturdays and 9am -7pm on Sundays. So it`s an excellent service for everyone........we have only ever got off one ferry and on the next one......you do have to get off at the other end, you can`t stay on even if you are just coming straight back.

As with my continued love for movies that show New York.......all I can hear in my head as we board the ferry is the theme from Working Girl with Melanie Griffith........and it doesn't leave my head the whole morning..........love that movie.

You do get a fabulous view of the rather small in real life Statue of Liberty.......yes, impressive, but much smaller than I imagined first time I saw it.....Tom said exactly the same thing..........

Today was still early so the sun hadn't really warmed up yet......so it`s a little misty and the city looks a little dull........

i-4BQN6Nx-XL.jpg

i-BGVMRVD-XL.jpg

i-Qcg8Mc4-XL.jpg

i-ghxr9ZM-XL.jpg

Still impressive though and again, now I had the song in my head that was in Ghostbusters 2 when she came to life.......I watch too much tv!!!!

And best of all it wasn't cold at all.......I expected Tom to say he was cold and wanted to go inside instead........it`s usually me.....I hate being cold.

i-4TD54d9-XL.jpg

We were soon over at the other side, only takes around 25 minutes........we quickly got off and straight back round to wait to board again.........takes 5 minutes really........but by now I could see the sun was starting to come through..........yay!!!

i-WfwpRhc-XL.jpg

Rather a murky view from the other side..........

i-nxNfptB-XL.jpg

You could feel the heat change going back over, although it hadn't been cold, now it was warm.........

We stood on the other side coming back and a German approached and began talking to us and eventually asked the official name of the bridge in the distance behind us........now I knew the name and at this moment my mind went blank......you now when you get more annoyed you cant remember and it gets further away........it just didn't appear in my brain.......I did remember 4 hours later.......the Verrazano Narrows Bridge........too late though.......

I do love the mix of architecture as you come back into the city, and hope we don't lose too many of the older buildings as we pursue the challenge of taller and taller buildings to compete with the challenge of less land available to build on ........

i-8PftfjX-XL.jpg

i-XNzxNtd-XL.jpg

We stood at the front to get off to watch the procedure.......we like the boring stuff too.......and then we walked off with the crowds......I like that people don't hang about here......we walk fairly quickly usually and this suited us this morning........

Some folks may not seem the point of getting on a ferry and getting straight back off.....but it`s The Staten Island Ferry........well worth doing.....you get amazing views of the city and SoL..........I did quite fancy going on the little green boat we saw whizzing around.......it got really close to Lady Liberty.....

We did take pictures outside the terminal as it was gorgeous now......and yes the touts appeared trying to hawk bus tours and anything else you can think of..........

I do have to say my hair here was slightly windswept.......

i-cLM24rR-XL.jpg

i-3S9k4Lh-XL.jpg

We really enjoyed our little jaunt on the ferry this morning.........and it was still fairly early........

I have no idea what time it was but I`d guess just after 10am..........so now we had the rest of the day free........I knew where we were going.....

Washington Square Park.

Now, it was a fair distance to get there, it`s up in 4th St which is a long walk.......Tom will walk, but prefers to get cabs........so we opted to get a cab......there were a few around but all had the not working sign on......so we walked round a little and hailed one.....this cab driver stopped and we got in......we told him where we were going and he said it would take a while as traffic was bad.......I sighed and told him to take the FDR.......he looked a bit surprised and said oh ok.......I told him it would be quicker this time of day......Now Tom was impressed.......I just hoped I had made the right choice.......lol........

Although it looks slightly different now this was the route that the pimp mobile attacked James Bond car in Live and Let Die.......again, useless nonsense.....but told Tom and he said oh I see it now.........we seemed to go forever but we got to see the areas as we drove through them......and then as Tom was beginning to question my choice we made a turn and were back in among the streets......and before long I told him to stop and we would get out and walk as it was just around the corner........cost was $30 with tip.....so not too bad.......I assured Tom it would have been longer going solely through the streets.

I love this park........it is so pretty and of course the famous Washington Monument that looks so much like the Arc de Triomphe in Paris.......beautiful......it was indeed now a lovely day........so we sauntered across the road and headed straight for the bathrooms........they`re decent and clean....nothing fancy, but at least they have them.........

It was busier than the previous times I have visited......but still has a peaceful feel about it..........I know I say this a lot, but I really love this area.......:D

i-fXc7Z4g-XL.jpg

i-dRnVZx7-XL.jpg

i-vb5VmxM-XL.jpg

i-qcHxMjV-XL.jpg

i-HfJHh3s-XL.jpg

i-QLJZNnM-XL.jpg

i-wNVBptr-XL.jpg

We spent around an hour here.......maybe longer just walking around and sitting around on the benches.....and again, people chat to you and pass the time of day......we sat by a businessman who looked a bit stressed........I smiled as we sat and he took out his earplugs and said good morning Ma`am.....now I love that!!!! We don't use Ma`am in the Uk.......I do like it......we started chatting and exchanged details of what brought us to the park that day.......I find it so interesting hearing about folks day to day life.......he sounded like a nice man and for the second time in a day proclaimed an affection for Scotland.....always nice to hear......he had travelled extensively around the world except the UK........he was pleased to hear we loved NYC so much........

He headed off soon and we sat for a little longer then began walking into the village area........we wanted pizza.......we walked till we found somewhere we liked the look of........it was John`s of Bleeker St.......I hadn't intentionally saught this place out but stumble upon it by accident really......although there are a huge amount of places to eat here.....you can get any type of food you desire......and every place looks nicer than the last.......

It`s a colorful place......very different from Midtown or uptown, but we loved it......definitely somewhere you could live day to day and never leave.....and lots of characters around.........

But we came across this as we went down the wrong road.........it`s a kind of a hole in the wall type place......very basic, but bathrooms were immaculate......always a good judge for me..........

i-QmxSRq7-XL.jpg

We went in and got seated in the middle of the room as it was quite busy......I was glad as we had chairs......the booths had hard wooden benches that looked distinctly uncomfortable.........but it was nice and the staff were nice too.......they give us menu`s and we order a beer for Tom, wine for me which was dreadful but dirt cheap......and pizza wise we chose a medium pepperoni and ground beef........it was large.

You can see them make fresh pizza behind the counter which was nice......and it was friendly place........was it the best pizza we ever ate.......no......but it was nice enough and we did enjoy it.........

i-hBrbSzh-XL.jpg

i-nqqxPXN-XL.jpg

It was so busy now, so we didn't hang around and paid the very inexpensive check and left.........

It was blooming hot outside now.........but we did stop off at a fountain to take a picture........

i-MhCWSqW-XL.jpg

i-N8Z4Zws-XL.jpg

Now, we like it hot we really do.......but......it was boiling and our hotel was an awful long away.........so we got another cab........yes, you`re supposed to walk in NYC.......but we were full of pizza and it was middle of the day with no suncream on........so cab it was. This is where I wished I knew the subway better.......it took ages and I said to Tom did he want to try the subway, a definitive no. He was happy in a cab.........

Finally we began to see landmarks we knew that were right beside the Trade Centre, so we got up before he racked up another load of $$$

We didn't want to go back into the hotel for now......so we wandered through the infinity pools again for just a short time.........then we went into our favourite café for cheesecake........I had spotted it lurking away in a chilled cabinet this morning.....so I knew Tom would always find space for cheesecake.......so told him we would brave shouty guy for a slice.........

It was quiet at this time of the day and the yelling guy was gone.......it was peaceful........so we chose 2 pieces of strawberry cheesecake, Snapple and coffee....

i-8CXdVpX-XL.jpg

I could so eat a piece of that right now!!! It was lush........everything a slice of cheesecake should be............

It was quite nice in here right now, and it gave us the chance to see everything they had on the walls and the certificate they had thanking them for their help and contribution during 9/11. Impressive.

At that we headed the short walk back to our hotel and we would get showered and changed and head back out..........

Really enjoying this report. I've not done a trip to NYC other than one day with friends to see a Broadway show back in the early 80s (42nd Street), though my sister goes often. I've learned more from you than I've learned from her family. Still not sure this is a place I'm up for visiting (I'm really not a city person), but there are things I'd like to see and you've made it sound wonderful. Thanks so much. Looking forward to more of your trip!

Hi HM and :welcome:..........I`m so glad you are reading long and enjoying it.......always nice to read!!! I know what you mean about cities......I much prefer smaller places, and less busy.......but.....there are so many fabulous things to see it`s worth it......I hope you do go back one day and love it......hope you enjoy the rest of the report too, nice to have you along.........:)

That wasn't a room, it was closet :-O.

lol......it really was!!! Definitely the smallest room we have ever been in........we just had to laugh in the end........and be glad it was clean or I would have walked out and then worried where to stay......:eek:

I am loving this report. I binged on your report from last year (Didn't get much work done that day...:rolleyes1)

Your writing and attention to detail is like a great novel that I cannot put down.

I live about an hour away from NYC so I visit fairly often, its so enjoyable to see others views of the city.

I am ashamed to admit, I check this thread often looking for your next post. My apologies for stalking.

:welcome:.......Oh I love hearing that........not stalking at all......:rotfl:I`ve done it myself at times.......

How lucky you get to go to NYC so often.......I am very jealous........ I hope I describe your city well........::yes::

Thanks for the lovely comments and hope you enjoy following along.........:wave2:

The worst part is having to wait for a new part each day. I've been to NY before with friends, but have resisted the urge to go and visit due to the price of hotels. 450 a night for a closet. Wow!

Looks like that green dessert was mocha ice cream! It's green tea ice-cream wrapped in a rice dumpling. They make a ton of flavors - black sesame, strawberry, mango, red bean, etc. It's always a nice touch to the end of a sushi dinner

The worst part is having to wait for a new part each day. I've been to NY before with friends, but have resisted the urge to go and visit due to the price of hotels. 450 a night for a closet. Wow!

Nice to have you read along...........yep, as I said we really don’t mind paying if it’s worth it......but this wasn’t......but it was clean........we made the best of it, and I think coming from the New York Palace.....nothing would have compared.....it really was worth the money.........

Looks like that green dessert was mocha ice cream! It's green tea ice-cream wrapped in a rice dumpling. They make a ton of flavors - black sesame, strawberry, mango, red bean, etc. It's always a nice touch to the end of a sushi dinner

Yes, the green tea ice cream wasn’t really for me, but it was ok and yes it was a nice touch, and kind of them too......we hadn’t mentioned a birthday.......

Do like the sound of the other flavours though..........except red bean.....think that may be an acquired taste........:)

Yum, I love cheesecake.

Great pictures once again.

That second hotel does look so basic, but like anything else with hotels, location, location, location. Glad you only had 2 nights before heading to the airport.

Ready to hear where you went out after freshening up.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!