26 Nights, Triple Celebration Trip...NYC, RPR & HHN....and Irma has a go...A 2017 Trip

Love your purple cake...:cake:

I know it was wonderful to finally be home at RPR. I felt the same way when I barely made it to Cabana Bay due to Irma.

Finally made it home! What a nice surprise! That cake is calling me. I'm trying to be good for the next 2 weeks before we head to the Food & Wine Festival at Epcot. I loved the view we had the first time we stayed at RPR. It was of the river out front, Rip Ride Rocket, and at the edge, Hogwarts. It was amazing. You don't get such up close views like that at Disney or the other Universal hotels, except Volcano Bay and Cabana Bay. I know this report is going to make me long for Universal, which we won't be going to in 2 weeks. Our supply of peppermint toads is getting low, but I still have sherbet lemons. Can't wait to hear about HHN.

Love your purple cake...:cake:

I know it was wonderful to finally be home at RPR. I felt the same way when I barely made it to Cabana Bay due to Irma.

It was gorgeous Vicki.......I always say I don't really eat cake.....but I did have a fair pop at that one..........yep, it was fabulous to be there......that 2 extra days was fun but really....this was where we wanted to be.........

Finally made it home! What a nice surprise! That cake is calling me. I'm trying to be good for the next 2 weeks before we head to the Food & Wine Festival at Epcot. I loved the view we had the first time we stayed at RPR. It was of the river out front, Rip Ride Rocket, and at the edge, Hogwarts. It was amazing. You don't get such up close views like that at Disney or the other Universal hotels, except Volcano Bay and Cabana Bay. I know this report is going to make me long for Universal, which we won't be going to in 2 weeks. Our supply of peppermint toads is getting low, but I still have sherbet lemons. Can't wait to hear about HHN.

lol.......cake was delicious........I know what you mean, after gaining quite a bit on our trip I`m trying to be god for the next 6 weeks......failing already though.....lol......That is a lovely view you described......we had that view on our first stay at RP.......being able to see the parks is so nice....heck any view is nice. Would hate to be stuck on the lower floors overlooking tree bases and bushes........

HHN coming up.........:)

SATURDAY 16th SEPTEMBER...........

We slept well. Considering we hadn't climbed into bed until 3.30 I thought we may sleep till midday.......but no......soon as I opened my eyes and had a brief "where am I" moment I was wide awake instantly.........and woke with a real big smile on my face........

Tom was still sound asleep, not just pretending so I wouldn't urge him to get up, but out for the count........I carefully opened the drapes ever so gently and just enough so I could see outside.........now that was a view........it was the most beautiful of days outside and I couldn't wait to get our second part of the trip unfold.......so I headed in for a shower and by time I came out Tom was indeed awake........gosh we both looked rough........but having 4 hours sleep will do that for you......I don't usually wear a lot of make up in Orlando, but today I needed it!!!

By now it was almost 9.15........we were dressed and ready for coffee and lots of it..........so we headed up to the Club Lounge and wondered who the staff would be this year and would there be any old faces we knew........as soon as we walked in we saw Bryson who we had gotten to know so well last year.......we were delighted to see him as he was mainly down at front desk now......but he was helping out.......we got a big hug and caught up with what had happened this last year.......he had gotten married and we so happy to hear all about it. The rest of the staff were new, but rather eerily they all knew us.......in a nice way I have to add.........he introduced us to the new Supervisor Samuel, who was just the loveliest guy and we looked forward to getting to know him too. The staff are always lovely in here and so nice to talk to.

We grabbed some toast and little donuts and coffee.......lots of coffee.........and chatted some more to the staff........Samuel instantly I knew we were going to love.......a genuinely nice person. We sat for a little while and enjoyed the coffee.........then I knew I had some laundry to do. So we headed down to our room and began the task of unpacking and sorting out laundry......I had been very organized In NY and kept it all separate so I knew exactly what was for washing......so while Tom began to hang everything up and away, I grabbed the two bags and went down to the second floor with my handful of quarters we had brought with us this year. You can exchange money for quarters at the front desk or pay by credit card. There is also a machine that takes dollars and will give out change. Machines as of now are $3 or $3.25 for longer cycle, powder and dryer sheets are $1.

i-6VzPnw6-XL.jpg

i-8FPrBgK-XL.jpg

When I went in there was a machine already going so I used the other 2 and as I was loading them a woman came in and saw the loads I had and laughed we must have been here a while.......straight faced I said we had just arrived at 2am............she just looked straight through me.......and without asking anything else she left.......not sure she thought I was being sarky or not.......but I had 45 minutes before laundry was ready so headed back up to room and Tom had finished unpacking........we rather cheekily had a little bit of the cake.......it was so nice......and then just took in the fact we were finally here.

We had to go down and get our safety deposit box sorted out.......so down to front desk and there wasn't a queue.......most of the staff were again new, but we saw a couple we recognized and one that recognized us straight away and welcomed us back with a lovely hug......it`s so nice when people remember us year after year. So we ask for a safety deposit box. This is a simple procedure........they keep a key and you keep a key and you sign every time you want to go in it......it meant we had extra security for our passport and things like that........we get one every year and only takes a few minutes to get in to use it.

We chat to another staff member who had heard we were due back and was looking out for us.......she was so lovely and we were glad to see she was still there, and always nice to catch up. We go back down to get laundry and pop most in the dryers. The rest we take up and hang up if it doesn't go in dryer.......we pop back down soon enough and it`s all dry. So pop back up and leave it in the room to be sorted later.

By now we were quite hungry, we hadn't eaten a lot at breakfast so we knew where we were going........Jake`s for pizza!! It was almost midday when we walked in and it was already fairly busy........always get a lovely welcome in here and she asks if we want inside or outside......we very rarely want to eat outside when its so hot.....so inside it was........again, most of the staff are new and we don't know anyone from last year.......

We get seated and peruse the menu........although we know what we`re having.........meat lovers pizza, chicken instead of sausage and add jalapenos........Sandy our waitress does like the sound of that one.........

Tom orders strawberry lemonade as he is driving this afternoon, I order a Joanna`s Affliction cocktail......it was nice!!

i-pQxksHx-XL.jpg

i-MknZ62G-XL.jpg

i-Gg8L8Fb-XL.jpg

Tom taking a sip of my cocktail!!

i-KwkFPcd-XL.jpg

I have to say the pizza was delicious........so nice.......it`s a good size so more than enough to share between 2 peeps or even 3 not so hungry folks.....but it`s a fabulous pizza and we always have at least one!

We sit for a little time and then head out in the car.......as we exit the hotel lobby doors.......that fabulous heat just engulfs you........oh my this was hot!!! This is why we come to Orlando.......well one of the reasons..........Tom goes and gets the car and I wait in the shade.....I don't have a hat yet nor do I have sun cream on.......doesn't take much for me to burn.....so a few seconds later he appears and we set off to Walmart first for our usual sun cream, water, snacks and little bits and bobs........I`m delighted to find a huge carton of strawberry and Kiwi snapple......for around $1.50!!!!!! Absolute bargain......that will fit in the fridge. It` around 5 minutes drive away to Turkey Lake Road Walmart and we love the familiarity of everything around us and how quickly we feel at home here..........

It`s amazing how everything is so cheap in here but we always end up never spending less than $100 every visit.....and not much to show for it.......but we were indeed sorted for sun cream which was our main reason for going. We then drive to Total Wine........we love this place....sells every type of alcohol and wine you can think of.......liquor in every flavor you can think of too and many we don't get in the UK. I did believe we would become alcoholics if we lived here full time as again, in comparison to what we pay, everything is so cheap.........we are drawn to study almost everything, but are really here to purchase a special gift for a special someone. And we get that done easily and we just happen to pick up a bottle of Chardonnay that catches our eye........we would put that in our little fridge too. The Snapple could sit out if necessary! We pay up and head back to the hotel........I think we forget just how hot it is here........it was 85f, we had left NY and it was the same temps, but here it was very different........not a bad thing.........

Got back to the hotel and we felt tired. Put things away and we did have an hours snooze.....I was worried we would sleep through though so I did set the alarm on the ipad......just in case.........but I didn't sleep.......so I got up and did some ironing........home from home right enough.

Before long Tom is awake and we get showered and changed to head out to HHN.......we do pop up very quickly to Club Lounge for a glass of wine, and a catch up with the afternoon crew........then we head down to lobby as we have arranged to say a quick hello to a friend of a friend.........that is very quick.......I know the lobby is planned to be changed at some point, and it will look spectacular I`m sure.......but I don't dislike it as it is........it`s warm and friendly.....

i-XM9238n-XL.jpg

We head down to get the boat and of course you go through a security check at either the boat dock, or near M`Ville on the walking path........takes a few seconds and not a bother.........there is a little bit of a queue and we get on and end up on the back row........this is where the boat captain remembers us....he shouts back a big hello and welcome back........asks how long we are staying this year......I didn't think he would remember us at all........but I did laugh.....and of course Tom caught it on camera.........

i-G6k8ScD-XL.jpg

The boats are ideal if you either cant be bothered walking or like us use them if we go to The Studios........yes, it sometimes is quicker to walk, but at peak times it didn't make any odds.....and they are such a nice way to get there.

On the way we spotted some of the minimal damage experienced here.......a few trees had been uprooted and some branches torn away. That and some debris carefully brushed to the side in the car park, it hadn't been too bad here thankfully.

But for now we were so excited for HHN...........this years event hadn't promised much for us......we were looking forward to The Shining, AHS and a few original houses.......some we didn't think we would like but had been surprised in the past by some I thought I wouldn't like.....Tom always goes in with an open mind. And this years so far hadn't overwhelmed us with excitement. If Halloween house had been there it would have been different.........

We honestly didn't plan to spend a lot of time here tonight as we were fairly tired and the heat always kicks our butts the first couple of days.......but we would get a few houses in.......we usually did opening night and this was the first time in a while we had missed it......but being delayed, we had no choice.

i-w6gMdJX-XL.jpg

i-JgT3gp9-XL.jpg

We go through the hotel guest entrance as usual when we go in early........we hadn't actually been sure we would be going in this early tonight but plans change.......so, it looked incredibly quiet for a Saturday night........and it was quiet........I think this is the year we took the least pictures ever.....but this was the night we really couldn't get over excited by the event........

i-g3mW2s4-XL.jpg

We did Saw and thought it was incredibly poor. Bloody doesn't make scary.......very disappointed. I`m glad I never had to queue to walk on that house.....thankfully we walked straight on and never even stopped. We came out disappointed.

Headed round to AHS and Shining.......

i-srkzn7J-XL.jpg

There was a fair old queue in both these houses.....here we were glad of EP already as walked in both of these houses without stopping......it was so hot too.........

AHS was excellent......definitely a house we would do again....got a good scare as we first walked in........that set the tone......we both enjoyed that house a lot......went on to The Shining. Now this film is a favourite of mine and I wanted it to be fantastic.....it was good.....and the entrance and exit to the house were my favourite parts of it........the maze area was so well done and really did look quite authentic, the snow effect was beautiful........the Twins were excellent in the house too......and the final bar scene with the drunk guest then the way the bar came to life were good. But overall they could have done so much more with it.......Jack did get me a few times too........

The scare zone tonight we didn't pay a whole lot of attention to......we headed down to The Fallen.....I had hear about this house from TM`s and expected a lot.......and yes I did look above......but, it just didn't grab me........got one scare and felt it was very lackluster.........I wish we had done Dead Waters, but we passed it by sadly..........I would regret that.

Walking through the Purge Zone was dull. It`s time they replaced this in HHN........it`s well past it`s sell by date and I hope they don't drag it out like they did with WD.

i-BDwCRDL-XL.jpg

She was quite entertaining though. But the rest of the zone just wasn't scary......and I hate saying that as I know how much effort goes into this event from each and every SA. Most come back year after year just to do this event and many have been regulars for years.........

This is where I began my search for the hot guy from last year.........he was hot!!! Tom just laughed, but I scanned anyone who looked like it may have been him......I even drew a few others into the search later..........

Wandered past Mel`s Diner......not a place we will ever eat at again.......but always good for a picture of their regular sign being changed for HHN......

i-CFXqXJM-XL.jpg

We headed in to the Festival of the Deadliest.......this was usually a good area for a scare zone.....and this one was good this year......SA are fabulous at having pictures taken........

i-8DKLLh3-XL.jpg

i-8Rc47CX-XL.jpg

i-3pLPCrP-XL.jpg

i-V3nHqss-XL.jpg

i-z9RM5Ft-XL.jpg

i-RbxwzBF-XL.jpg

i-8JKh4X2-XL.jpg

This was a fun zone.......some excellent SA and the designs were fabulous.........but we were flagging a little........we wanted to go get something to eat and then see how we felt........

So we left the park and did notice there was hardly anyone going in.......I was astounded that a Saturday, even the first Saturday was so quiet.....it`s usually so much busier than this......but, we would be back a few more nights over the event.

We headed into NBC for food........we really enjoyed this place last year for lunch and never got around to dinner, so we were determined we would this time.....so we went in and were seated immediately........it was busy, but not overly so. We got a seat by the window and now we had to study this rather large menu.........

Aarron was looking after us tonight....he was really good........nice guy......we ordered a beer for Tom and I ordered a blackberry brandy cocktail....called a raspberry julie ....... it was nice!!!

i-4MxH6XT-XL.jpg

i-sxgp3M7-XL.jpg

Eagle eyes may notice we swapped seats......apparently the light when I was in my own seat made it look like I had a light bulb on my head when he took a picture!!! So we moved for the pictures........he was right actually.......lol

The menu has some lovely choices and we were torn what to have......but Tom eventually decided on ribs and fries......I went for the Jalapeno Burger and a salad in place of fries........no problem.........

While we waited for our food we both noticed the distinct lack of people outside.......we had never seen a HHN so quiet ever in Citywalk.......it`s usually busy with people heading in. TM surmised Irma had caused some folks to cancel and change plans, but it was weird.

i-58cM7bp-XL.jpg

We like this place a lot, nice atmosphere and food so far had been so good......we were hungry now as it had been a while since we had enjoyed our pizza in Jake`s..........we didn't have long to wait and it looked so good.......albeit a little blurry......my camera skills were lacking tonight....I blamed tiredness......

i-VbcwL7z-XL.jpg

i-mXcc6JZ-XL.jpg

The food was excellent.........Tom doesn't like cornbread very much so I inherited that, and it was nice......and I got a taste of the ribs......they were amazing......nice flavor and genuine fall off the bone.......he loved them......my burger was perfect.......I thought it beat Cowfish for burgers hands down.......and they had indeed given me plenty of jalapenos as I had requested. Aarron checked on us a couple of times to make sure everything was ok and when he cleared the table asked about dessert.......no way did we have any room for more food. This had been filling.......and so good!! We knew then we wanted to come back another night for dinner........

We paid the check and headed out into the still stifling heat......but we were loving it........this was what we wait all year for........

Wandered into the Fossil store.......I had been after a watch for a while and just hadn't seen the right one.......I did see one in here I thought was the right one, but I would wait and see it in the daylight and not influenced by a strong cocktail.........so we took the name and said we would come back.....this was going to be classed as another birthday gift........I didn't mind that........

We had brightened up a little and decided to go into M`Ville and have a cocktail at the bar. We don't like the quality of food in there any more, it used to be so much better........the burger and the nachos were still classic, but the menu had diminished and we hadn't enjoyed our last few visits.......but they did do some fabulous cocktails..........

We did get a seat at the bar and got a very friendly and funny barman........we always enjoy when a barman interacts and makes conversation.......and this guy would have won first prize......he knew his job well..........

i-mFcgb4K-XL.jpg

i-wdQGDgJ-XL.jpg

The music on was really good tonight.......can`t remember who they were, but they were good.........

I ordered a Blackberry Margarita and Tom a beer.........this won first prize as the strongest cocktail I had ever drank so far..........but it was so nice......pure blackberry which is one of my favourite flavours.......

i-ZBNGgg7-XL.jpg

i-bZ5Pvvj-XL.jpg

We sat for quite a while and we did indeed have another of each.......I actually look forward to my next trip for another one of these.......our friendly barman was getting a good tip.......he was so nice, and as it wasn't overly busy he could chat to the folks he was taking care of.......and of course offered to take a picture of both of us.........he asked our impression of HHN and we had to tell him it was hard to judge on just one night and we hadn't done much, but impressions weren't great so far. He said he had heard the same thing last night.......didn't sound positive.......and we had heard the same from TM.......usually they tell us when we arrive how much we will love it.......we didn't hear that this year.......

i-7xHKjRc-XL.jpg

I did feel a little squiffy by now.......but cant really see it in the picture........lol......but tiredness was kicking in now too........so we drank our second drink and turned down our barman`s offer of him making us up a 3rd......I wanted to see tomorrow.........

We had enjoyed our evening though and now we were once again looking forward to getting to bed. We felt old......lol........but we knew we would have a few busy days ahead of us........

The walk back isn't long. Five minutes and we were in the lobby........Tom, being Tom wanted a picture of me beside the purple (of course) parasols.......

i-LRdggxK-XL.jpg

But now, bedtime.........tomorrow was going to be another relaxing day.

Last edited:

SUNDAY 17th SEPTEMBER

I had the weirdest dream last night......woke me with a start and I again had no clue where I was.......Tom was even more lost than me.......lol......I just got confused as to what hotel I was in........I do dream a lot and they are usually weird.......Tom claims never to remember his dreams and frequently wished I didn't remember mine as I have to regale him with every one I remember......lol.......

But, woke up this morning and switched on the TV as the Grand Prix was on early.....it was rubbish, as in our guy wasn't doing well so we switched it off...... I knew Kyle would be watching it at home so sent him a Skype message.........we would chat later........

We went up to the lounge for breakfast and Justin another supervisor came over to say Hi.....we had known him a few years too and it was always lovely to see him and catch up too. We asked him about Mike who had moved to PBH and we went over to see him there last year........but sadly he had moved on too, but he had asked about us to Justin which was nice. It was a shame we wouldn't see him this year as we had planned to go visit him too. But, we enjoyed a very leisurely breakfast.....the lounge was very quiet this morning again, and we weren't as late as the day before........it was just nice sitting looking out and seeing just how far along Aventura was..........it did look as if it was going to be nice and the rooftop bar sounded good.......

This morning was going to be dull.......apart from talking to Kyle of course......we chatted for a short while, but he was busy and had things to get on with, but it was as always lovely to chat to him and see he was doing ok.....and he really was. Don't think he was missing us at all at this point....I was glad to think that though........when we said goodbye, I got the ironing board out......told you it was dull....and ironed yesterdays laundry. This was done quickly while watching the weather channel........our favourite channel to watch.

But, once that was done we got the car keys and headed off to the Mall at Millenia.......our favourite mall........today wasn't a shopping day.....it was just a day to take it easy and get ready for HHN tonight.......and we didn't take an awful lot of pictures again.........

i-K9hPGQx-XL.jpg

Our first stop was to Macy`s. Hmm........I always liked this store, but this time it felt a bit like a bargain basement........the make up section was still nice......but the rest of it I didn't like so much this time........we wandered around the watches and then the bags where I was swarmed with women all trying to sell me a bag.....I understand they have to make commission, but this was awful. 3 times I told 2 women I was just looking and didn't need any help......but they were relentless and eventually we left.......well, I stopped off at Chanel to buy some perfume since we were here......and the total opposite.....there was no one there.......and no one around.......so we again just left.

It was strange as its usually a nice store but today I said I wouldn`t rush back......we would of course as I had make up to buy and I did quite fancy a bag.....under the umbrella of its a birthday gift of course..........

Today we tried to go to Tiffany but they were closed for a private event.....we found out later it was a very short closing, so were disappointed we had missed it.......but we didn't feel like anything fancy for lunch so went to the mall and had the Chinese style food there.......this is unbelievably cheap......we both had more or less the same and it was nice........

i-48rGmXb-XL.jpg

The mall was busy with their Fashion Week events.......lots of very fancy dressed folks walking about.......but we didn`t hang around for long today.....we headed back to hotel and went down to the pool for a couple of hours........we didn't take the camera today, and we just chilled around and had a cocktail.....I`m sure it was alcoholic but can`t remember which ones we had......they were nice though. We did find some shade though.......and we passed a couple of hours here. We don't usually go during the afternoon, but it was fairly quiet and knew we would get umbrellas easy.......it was hot though but nice and we had nothing else to do today.

We eventually went back up to our room and got showered and changed and headed up to lounge for a drink........

Bryson was up here again tonight so we could chat to him and met a few new staff members too.......I asked Bryson if I could go behind the counter to take pictures of the alcohol on offer....he said no problem of course I could........so the hard liquor is $5 a shot.......wine and beer are always complimentary......

i-DrB4GPw-XL.jpg

i-BfmwxKM-XL.jpg

These are out from 4.30 - 6.30pm when food is out.......they will top you up and measures are very generous.........food always looks so good, but we prefer to eat later.....but some do seem to make their evening meal out of the offerings. We have been known to sample or have the salad to keep us going till later......cheese and crackers are always on offer too. It really can be worthwhile for some people who don't want to have extra costs on top of what they've already paid. And staff are just lovely.........

We talk to Bryson and he mentions a lovely young lady we got to know last year....Jamie.......she was such nice girl and we ask if she`s still there......he says she is and he calls her as she is in work today and bless her, she comes up to see us again........it was just lovely to see her and we almost hug the life out of her........she is one of the supervisors too, and such a fun girl with a great sense of humour..........we chat for ages and she tells us the funniest thing......she says we are quite the celebrities in among the concierge world.......oh dear......was that a good thing!!! Oh absolutely she tells us.......well, I`ll take that......we got on so well with everyone though, but Jamie and Bryson were two from last year we spent a lot of time chatting too.......it`s nice though.......eventually though she had to get back to work and she would see us next time she was in......we looked forward to it.......

We ask Bryson if he would be kind enough to make us a reservation for tomorrow night at The Palm at HRH.......I had been trying to book on my ipad, but every time I almost booked it went back to the start.......but Bryson said there had been a fault with the site, it wasn't just me......but had managed to book it ok. This was the birthday meal we were supposed to have had last Wednesday except for the delay and I had managed to cancel it. But we love it so were determined we would go as soon as possible. We thanked Bryson and told him we would see him downstairs as this was his last night helping out up here.......such a nice young man.

We popped back down to our room to get our HHN tickets and lanyards.......I love the view from this side of the hotel

i-KBSN6Jp-XL.jpg

i-v2V7X4z-XL.jpg

We planned to do a little more tonight.......hopefully. So once again we got the boat over and it felt hotter tonight but there was a little breeze which would help..........again through the hotel guest entrance which was good as there did seem to be more people here tonight.

We walked straight to the rear of the park tonight......Saw house we ignored, wouldn't even bother with that one again.......walked through Festival but we must have been very early as there weren't many SA out......and the girls on the poles weren't there either.......so we walked past the small stage for AoV.......this was such a shame the main stage had been damaged........but we were headed to Trick r Treat scare zone.......some pics may be blurry but it`s difficult to catch me as I jump sometimes apparently..........

This guy did make me jump........

i-8md3CMM-XL.jpg

i-FhMnp9V-XL.jpg

i-nv7ZHDP-XL.jpg

The theming of this zone was the best of the event.......so much detail......the pumpkins alone were fabulous.......and did get some good jumps.....all of which Tom missed I believe this year.......except this one.......

i-nBWKSk6-XL.jpg

i-8bJmDkS-XL.jpg

Little Sam.......isn't he cute.......

i-LmmLRXW-XL.jpg

This would continue to be my favourite scare zone of the event........lots of characters and many that were happy to stop and interact......but for now we were heading to do Ash vs Evil Dead........

I had brushed up on this before we left, as I thought I was the only one that had never seen the Evil Dead series of movies.....so we knew what it was about and how much humour was supposed to be in it........

It had a 5 minute wait......no wait for EP then.........so we walked, and we walked, and we walked, and then walked some more.........where the heck were we going...........then finally saw the girl scanning tickets......yay!!! Went in the house so looking forward to what had been promised........and it was dreadful.......truly dreadful........I did however get one scare apparently.......I don't even remember it now........but short house, very short house.....and awful.......then we had the longest walk back........

The planners usually have houses designed so you come out of one and can walk back into another house......usually.......this must have been the worst designed house and walk we had ever experienced at horror nights.......we would NOT be doing this house again........and I was kinda mad we had wasted all this energy walking all that way for a house that basically sucked........sorry if you liked it.......lol.......

We did Scarecrow next.......it was showing a 35 minute regular line......we walked on in less than 3 minutes, eventually.....we walked in what showed as the EP line.....so we walked down and saw this huge queue in front of us.....I must have said this quite loud. A TM heard me and said I was in the wrong line......well, so was everyone else behind me then.....I don't know what happened whether someone has swapped the signs or changed the ropes, but no way was this the EP queue. She led us back to the EP line and there were indeed 3 people in front of us, we thanked her very much........and this was a good house!!! It really was......the exterior was cornfields too and nice to go through........the house itself, now I`ve forgotten it really except what I had written down.......but there were a few scares and it was well done.........I would happily do this again.........and Tom really liked it also.

We came out and went in Hive. I was looking forward to this one.......couldn't quite work it out at first......but didn't like it......we have no interest in vampires and this was just too dark.....you could barely see anything. I knew from friends many SA had gone the extra mile and shaved their heads, male and female.....but you couldn't appreciate it as you couldn't see them. This one we wouldn't do again.......

We walked back through our favourite scare zone and got a couple of pictures........this guy was so funny......I love when they break character occasionally.......

i-Xkj7bnC-XL.jpg

i-CkrvX3b-XL.jpg

i-zhV9wcv-XL.jpg

i-FH3W754-XL.jpg

We knew this girl..........

i-z4X43G8-XL.jpg

i-Pj3xvzf-XL.jpg

i-vDW8Hfk-XL.jpg

i-SfFx4WD-XL.jpg

We had enjoyed tonight more.......but more the scare zones than the houses which isn't right......the houses should be the highlights........we did go back in and do Shining and AHS tonight again, and they were both good tonight again......Shining slightly improved from last night.......I got a few more scares.....but we were done for tonight.

This was what we loved about the Rush of Fear ticket with EP........we could go and spend a few hours at a time and not have to spend all night in the park which is something we never want to do. Many do the tours and they are very good, no denying it......but they`re not for us......we had gone straight to the front of every line we had joined and this would continue for the most part the whole trip. Tours are ideal if you have one night and don't mind staying late......for us we want to be able to be go several nights......we could go 10 nights with this ticket.......and spend as little time or as much as we felt like......

Now we were leaving........it was so busy tonight, really busy.......some of the concierge staff were there and they were shocked how busy it was for a Sunday night......

But we were going to Strongwater Tavern now........we loved this place. We really liked Sapphire Falls too.......beautiful hotel and had such a nice fresh vibe to it.......so we took the boat tonight........we didn't have long to wait for the boat as usual there are plenty running......it was fairly quiet so we set off more or less as soon as we got on........

We get off the boat and walk up the stairs to Strongwater Tavern........it`s not busy tonight but we opt not to sit at the bar and have a table instead.......there are plenty to choose from......

As I went over the menu Tom went out to take some pictures of the beautiful view from their outside area.......

i-Gx3gTKJ-XL.jpg

i-QmMzxSk-XL.jpg

i-RtXnH4M-XL.jpg

i-CPcdntP-XL.jpg

The view was stunning, but we opted to still sit inside as it was baking hot.......inside was lovely and cool........

I had asked for a wine that they carry, but they didn't have any of it tonight.......so I went for a cocktail and Tom then decided to have a beer......

i-n7CRdm5-XL.jpg

This was nice. It was so relaxing and such a friendly place.......the staff really are good here and know their rums!!! But tonight we wouldn't be partaking in that......we really wanted food.

The plates are on the small side deliberately.......its like Caribbean Tapas.......but it`s so good.........we took ages to decide but eventually ordered Caribbean Ceviche which has mainly Grouper, Shrimp, Scallops with Red Onions, Peppers, Lime Juice, Coconut Cream and Plantain Chips, Curry Chicken with mango chutney and another dish which was chicken and pineapple sausage with something else.....we can`t remember the name.......but it was all lovely......the sausage thing we wouldn't get again....I wished we had ordered the crab salad which was gorgeous......but it`s nice to try something new........

i-pMrNzP8-XL.jpg

i-q8P4c3H-XL.jpg

i-3gmGxft-XL.jpg

The dip in the sausage dish was really spicy!!! The food was all good though and we decided we would head back to RPR and open one of the bottles of wine we had in our room.......we had 2 from the night we arrived and we also had the Sonoma Cutrer from Total Wine. So we paid our check and headed out.

i-HT9tNKg-XL.jpg

i-XWf2gx4-XL.jpg

i-6j9VrNf-XL.jpg

i-JNfjv2M-XL.jpg

We then walked back home through the business centres and ballrooms.......doesn't take long at all and you very rarely meet anyone on your way, especially this time of night.......apart from the occasional maintenance man. Takes about 10 minutes to get to our room, and we`re just not tired now.......isn't that always the way.....so we did indeed open the wine we bought from Total Wine........it was a Sonoma Cutrer and the same wine we had in Ruth`s Chris in NY.......we did like it........again, blurry picture........

i-bfvWRF7-XL.jpg

We did enjoy it.....we still had the wine glasses in the room so didn't have to send to Room service for any.......we sat back and watched some movie or other on TV and mused on the day`s events.......eventually we began to feel tired and soon it was lights out.......

Parks tomorrow.........

SUNDAY 17th SEPTEMBER

I had the weirdest dream last night......woke me with a start and I again had no clue where I was.......Tom was even more lost than me.......lol......I just got confused as to what hotel I was in........I do dream a lot and they are usually weird.......Tom claims never to remember his dreams and frequently wished I didn't remember mine as I have to regale him with every one I remember......lol.......

This sounds like me and my husband. I have very strande, vivid dreams. He almost never remembers his.

All caught up now. Spicy food and Chardonnay - we would get along just fine, Carole. I will have to try the Sonoma-Cutrer. I so enjoyed all the NYC pics. Looking forward to hear all about the Orlando portion.

Yay! Universal and HHN! That's a bummer that most of the houses weren't to your liking. I have heard really good things about Scarecrow though. I haven't heard a single person say they liked Hive. It just sounds weird. I have heard good things about the The Shining, but I think that's partly because it's such a good movie by an amazing director. It would have to be atrocious for people to not like it. Maybe next year I will take DS. He has really gotten in horror movies this year. I loved them as a kid, and I am just about the perfect age when Friday the 13th, Halloween, and Nightmare on Elm St came out.

I am actually sitting at home about to miss watching qualifying of the USGP in Austin in person. We have gone every year and usually go with out of town friends. They aren't here this year, and I decided to let DH take DS11. He rarely gets to go, because the seats are just so expensive. He's going to the race tomorrow too. His favorite driver is Kimi, whom he calls Mr. Popper Penguin:confused3 I like Kimi too, mainly because of his "I could care less" attitude:) Who do you guys like? Are you more fans of a team or of drivers? We hope to see a European F1 GP some time or maybe Malaysia or Dubai. My dream would be Monaco, because of the history. We have only seen the ones at Indy and in Austin.

We love Margaritaville, mostly because of the drinks. I always get the coconut shrimp and key lime pie, which they rarely mess up. Actually, their key lime pie is some of the best I have ever had. I have to temper myself here, because the drinks are so good. We tend to go every time we visit Universal, but we always get the same stuff.

This sounds like me and my husband. I have very strande, vivid dreams. He almost never remembers his.

Lol......I Drive Tom nuts with all my info on my dreams every morning.......isn’t it weird how some folks dream a lot and others don’t........I dream all the time and do remember them a lot.......glad I’m not alone........

Hooray to be back in Orlando! The RPH staff seem to be extra nice. Glad they treated you so well :goodvibes

Yay! That’s exactly what we said........the staff here are wonderful, we adore them all......and it’s extra nice when when we meet ones we have known a long time.........

All caught up now. Spicy food and Chardonnay - we would get along just fine, Carole. I will have to try the Sonoma-Cutrer. I so enjoyed all the NYC pics. Looking forward to hear all about the Orlando portion.

Oh you’re my kinda gal too........that wine is so delicious......they could charge anything and I’d pay it as we enjoy it so much......glad you enjoyed the NY portion of the trip....it was fun, but we were glad to be in Orlando........

Yay! Universal and HHN! That's a bummer that most of the houses weren't to your liking. I have heard really good things about Scarecrow though. I haven't heard a single person say they liked Hive. It just sounds weird. I have heard good things about the The Shining, but I think that's partly because it's such a good movie by an amazing director. It would have to be atrocious for people to not like it. Maybe next year I will take DS. He has really gotten in horror movies this year. I loved them as a kid, and I am just about the perfect age when Friday the 13th, Halloween, and Nightmare on Elm St came out.

I am actually sitting at home about to miss watching qualifying of the USGP in Austin in person. We have gone every year and usually go with out of town friends. They aren't here this year, and I decided to let DH take DS11. He rarely gets to go, because the seats are just so expensive. He's going to the race tomorrow too. His favorite driver is Kimi, whom he calls Mr. Popper Penguin:confused3 I like Kimi too, mainly because of his "I could care less" attitude:) Who do you guys like? Are you more fans of a team or of drivers? We hope to see a European F1 GP some time or maybe Malaysia or Dubai. My dream would be Monaco, because of the history. We have only seen the ones at Indy and in Austin.

We love Margaritaville, mostly because of the drinks. I always get the coconut shrimp and key lime pie, which they rarely mess up. Actually, their key lime pie is some of the best I have ever had. I have to temper myself here, because the drinks are so good. We tend to go every time we visit Universal, but we always get the same stuff.

Yay.....someone else who knows F1!!!

I grew up on F1.......was lucky enough to have family members in the business and got to many races quite young. And loved the fact when I met Tom he was as big a fan as I was...........

Love Kimi Raikkonen........he is such a character......something that is lacking these days in the business........our guy now is Sebastian Vettel and we do like Ferrari.......Vettel was Michael Schumacher’s protege.......now, Michael is our ultimate hero in sports. We first saw him race before he ever hit F1......he was always amazing and to us there will never be anyone’s like him......hence my user name.........miss him dreadfully.

We do like Fernando Alonso too......he is quite resilient despite having no luck last few years and has a good sense of humour about his lack of performance this last few years........but the guy we detest is Lewis Hamilton........can’t stand the guy....and he’s going to win the WDC this year........sadly.

European GP’s are generally good........Spa is a classic and funnily enough our two least favourites are the British Grand Prix and Monaco.........yep, the history in Monaco is amazing but the race is usually quite dull........not enough overtaking apart from a few moments of magic..........it’s a nice weekend but there are so many better races.......

It’s a sad reflection of what it used to be though.......too many restrictions and limits today......we miss the F1 of 10-15 year’s ago........when it really was the pinnacle of motor sport.............politics and money now control it.

But.......Orlando.......yes, coconut shrimp and key lime pie were two things we did enjoy in M’Ville.......and yep, the cocktails are nice!!!!

You must be around the same age as me or younger as I loved the Elm st and particularly Halloween movies came out........they were unbeatable as scary movies..........

Glad you’re still enjoying reading.........:thumbsup2

I am glad you mentioned Ash v Evil Dead -- my boyfriend LOVES the movies and TV show... I thought maybe we should go this year to HHN because of it, but we were so busy with other things, we didn't. Now I'm kind of glad!

On another note, I played in a tennis lesson with one of my friends, Trina, who is from Scotland. We were all talking in the lesson how we could listen to Trina talk forever. And, it was QUITE windy, so she let out quite a few curse words -- which from her just sound brilliant. LOL. Anyway, I now hear her voice when I read your posts. :)

I am glad you mentioned Ash v Evil Dead -- my boyfriend LOVES the movies and TV show... I thought maybe we should go this year to HHN because of it, but we were so busy with other things, we didn't. Now I'm kind of glad!

On another note, I played in a tennis lesson with one of my friends, Trina, who is from Scotland. We were all talking in the lesson how we could listen to Trina talk forever. And, it was QUITE windy, so she let out quite a few curse words -- which from her just sound brilliant. LOL. Anyway, I now hear her voice when I read your posts. :)

Lol......although I’ve lived mainly in England for last 22 years I still sound very Scottish........and I can curse on occasion........:littleangel: not often though.........:rolleyes1

Scottish cursing is gutteral though and a language on its own at times........::yes::

It’s funny when I go home to Scotland they all say I sound English.......my English friends mention how Scottish I still sound.....especially after a visit home.........

Oh you didn’t miss much this year with HHN.......it was the poorest year we have ever seen.....makes me sad to say that as we have friends who are SA.......but they can only work with what they’re given..........hope next year is better.........:)

Twelfth, the loud sandwich guy reminds me of the Soup Nazi from Seinfeld, who was modeled after a real restaurant owner. If you don't know what I'm talking about, immediately go now to youtube and look! :)

EXACTLY my thought the first time they visited! Classic Soup Nazi encounter. I knew someone would pick up on that right away.:rotfl2:

Such a fun report.

MONDAY 18th SEPTEMBER........

We slept so well last night......it really was the comfiest bed and I loved the pillows. I don't usually have as soft pillows at home, but these were like sleeping on marshmallows.......slightly too soft for Tom but he slept well too. We awoke around 6.30 and just got up, no point in laying there while there were things to do.....and today it was IOA........

Opened the drapes and of course the sun was shining again.........another thing we loved was constant sunshine........so, into the shower and dressed and we went up to the Lounge for breakfast.........it was fairly quiet this morning and we got to chat to young Andy who was new......he was going to do well in his chosen profession too....such a nice personable young man and had a great deal of knowledge on many topics......he was lovely to get to know too.......breakfast this morning was white toast and grape jelly for me......I adored this stuff, it`s not common to see it in the UK.......and I did have a piece of cinnamon bun too with coffee........Tom had 2 croissants with honey.......now honey I detest.....but strangely my favourite salad dressing is honey mustard.....odd. He enjoyed it a lot.......

Went back down to room to get sun cream on and the lady was just finishing our room......we were always lucky to be done so early so it meant regardless when we came back our room was always done......every day we always left some money in an envelope for the housekeeping lady and write on the front of it that it`s for her.....but I hadn't done it before we went up for breakfast as I forgot.....so I did go out in the hall and give it to her as I hate to miss a day.....I also asked her for more shampoos and conditioners to be left as I wash my hair a lot and go through a lot of product.......and it was nice stuff so I was happy to use it.....she duly obliged and when we came back in later she had indeed left a whole bunch of them.......that would see me through my trip alone!!!

But now sun creamed up we headed down and walked out into the early morning heat for the walk to the parks........we walked through the pool and onto the walking path, we did try to take a picture but we had just opened the camera and it was steamed up.....so we had to wait till it warmed up before any pictures. The walk was lovely, warm and humid and probably too hot, but we loved it. There was a lovely freshness about the air too......We got to the security check just before M`Ville and it took seconds.....the officers are friendly and will chat to you which is nice.......

The path from Citywalk didn't look busy at all this morning........we had arrived just before the park opened so we had timed it nice but there were no real queues and we headed to the rear of the gates where folks hadn't walked to and got through instantly. Always amazed that the queue gets held up by silly things like folks not signing their cards........but we get inside and we always start by walking through the gift store as it cools us down after our very short walk that somehow makes us so hot........

i-7MNCKpR-XL.jpg

i-qJGJp8d-XL.jpg

We were so excited to be back in the parks. Especially excited to do Dr Doom again as it was down the whole trip last year for us......they were replacing and changing the safety system on the seats but we hadn't been able to ride at all. So that was going to be a priority this morning......staff are always so friendly at Universal....they chat and ask you how your day is going all the time.......and its a genuine friendliness we have always found.........I don't like folks that are too sugary sweet that it seems fake.......but we loved talking to people so we did enjoy that aspect. People often asked us did we ever get fed up with the parks......well, no. We don't spend full days in any park though.......we go in, ride what we want to as many times as we want to and leave to do something else.......we have the luxury of time so don't need to be in the parks all day to try and cram everything in.....I understand why people do that though. Everyone does what works for them, but it always tickles me folks think we should be bored by now.

This visit we had decided not to do any character pics or meets as we have them all including our favourite with the whole Scooby Gang......so we weren't going to stop for any. Well, maybe just one or two.........

We love Port of Entry.......it is colourful, bright and if you listen in certain places you hear things you don't expect.......and folks say Universal isn't themed!!!

i-xN6w9j6-XL.jpg

i-5wVbCZP-XL.jpg

i-Zpg7JKr-XL.jpg

The green building above is one of the places you should stand below for a few minutes and just listen...........

This was the view that awaited us as we turned to head to Hulk........so beautiful and so peaceful despite being in a vibrant theme park.........

i-5Nm4dFf-XL.jpg

But this was what we were heading to........I began to get really nervous, I love these rides, but as I hadn't done them in so long my tummy had flutterflies bouncing up and down.....but I knew as soon as I was on I`d be fine........this is such a fun ride, but can bash your head around a little if you sit in certain seats we find......we like the front, the back is good for air time, but it`s the front for us.

i-H7GdzrG-XL.jpg

i-q8P9mDt-XL.jpg

And we love it!!!! It`s as good as ever......we got on the front without asking for it as it wasn't busy yet, I love the front row.......and we didn't get bashed around a lot on it......some find it very bumpy, and it can be, but we thought it was better now since the refurb. We immediately go straight back on and get the second row this time......it was still fun, but as I can at times get a little woozy if I do certain rides too many times we leave it at two today.......and head round to Dr Doom..........and head into the store opposite......we hadn't ever gone in there except to see Spider-Man at the side.........

i-TtjTNL2-XL.jpg

i-CqDLRWv-XL.jpg

i-SgNR3Vb-XL.jpg

i-NqjHHvs-XL.jpg

i-tndjWpm-XL.jpg

i-Q7vfbNK-XL.jpg

We rode Dr Doom a lot!!! We lost count of how many times we rode this time.......we were convinced we would be invited to the staff Christmas Party we were so friendly with them by the time we were done........we just kept going on and again.....and as it was so quiet we didn't have to go all the way around.......the new harness procedure does take slightly longer than before.......you used to be able to unclip yourself as you neared the bottom then lift the harness when they released a button....now you have to wait to the TM comes in and unclips you with a safety key and then you can take your harness off.......not an issue, just adds a few seconds for them to get you off the ride. But yes, this is a short ride......very short......but that whooshing feeling when you are propelled upwards is fabulous.......Tom still hates it but loves it at the same time........

We eventually decide to move on and go somewhere else.....but we could just have sat on those seats all day and be jutted up and down till we got fed up.....my hair at this point looked so bedraggled....lol........

We buy some water and share a bottle as it is hot and last thing we want is to get dehydrated, it really can creep up on you.....so we drank loads during the day even when we weren't thirsty........but for now we headed round towards Toon Lagoon. This is so colourful and full of picture ops......

i-3PRFQTX-XL.jpg

i-npckTJj-XL.jpg

i-rZsvJCs-XL.jpg

i-KpPh7bK-XL.jpg

Tom really did begin to think he was going to need a vacation after this trip..........

We didn't do any water rides like Bluto or Dudley this trip at all........we just didn't want to get that wet.......last year we had come into the parks one afternoon for the sole purpose of these rides, but we wouldn't be doing that this year.......but they are so much fun when you do ride them.....especially Dudley......

i-dN5s3cV-XL.jpg

Now we headed into JP area......I did miss the big JP signs with the flames as we walked through, but they were gone.....although they were still at the other side when walking from Potter.......but Kong was here now........

i-VdrMbSf-XL.jpg

i-kqwWt7g-XL.jpg

We did go on this........and we went through the EP line and the regular line as there was no queue........there were no scares coming out of the walls sadly......I know folks complain about that....but we loved it.......they do still do it though, we were just unlucky......the ride itself is ok......not worth queuing up for any length of time for.....it`s really well done though......

I'm not sure why we didn't go on JP today......but we didn't.......and headed round instead to Potter.......taking a few snaps along the way......

i-mXW9xxb-XL.jpg

i-4xM8pTd-XL.jpg

Potter is always amazing when you enter the areas in both parks......and always busy......not mobbed today but a fair amount of people all the same......and there`s always folks on the bridge taking the Castle pics......

i-zkQDtcx-XL.jpg

i-jSPcS4L-XL.jpg

And why not........it`s a stunning picture to capture, and I love seeing when folks are seeing it for the first time......we know the parks so well, I forget sometime that it could be someone`s first or maybe only time......so I se why folks want to capture as many memories as they can......I know we do and would never question why people want to take pictures "when they are all on the internet".....it`s not the same......we treasure our pictures and will continue to do so........

i-4sPjsmN-XL.jpg

i-q4wkMZh-XL.jpg

I love the previous picture.......not the best but for me it reminds me of the first time we saw the castle when they arrive at Hogwarts in the film for the first time......I know that was from a boat and at night......but it just does. The castle is so impressive.....I never tire of looking at it and wondering what it would be like if they had a secret hotel room tucked away somewhere in there.......now that I would pay for!!!!

I don't do FJ today as I had done the Hulk a couple of times, and FJ can at times set me off funny......so I wandered around Hogsmeade while Tom went through using EP for the first time on this ride. Having EP for the Potter rides would be excellent..........

There is so much detail in these areas, its hard to do justice to them in pictures......but we all try......

i-5zqZX4C-XL.jpg

i-ZkSXjj2-XL.jpg

i-vsg65w2-XL.jpg

i-pMmwJhq-XL.jpg

i-Q4BFfPK-XL.jpg

i-swz32mG-XL.jpg

i-9FHSSkm-XL.jpg

i-p7bRwHV-XL.jpg

Cont.........

Lovely pictures! I just noticed, for the first time after many trips, that the snowman is a Hufflepuff! My DD and I are both Hufflepuffs, so I'll have to get a picture there in December.

I really like Dr. Doom too, but no one else in my family does. I'm the only one who will ride hulk as well.

CONT...........

This was the image I would miss on future trips.........we adored Duelling Dragons.........it never really fitted in to Potter even with the poor try at redesigning as Dragon Challenge........but as a stand alone coaster it was phenomenal........even when it no longer dueled, we loved it.......it was fast, flung you around but in a smooth way......we found it the smoothest coaster we had ridden. But, it was going and sadly we would see it dismantled piece by piece during our stay.......I just hope whatever replaces it is worthy......I`m sure it will be and families will love it.......but there are still some of us that look for coasters that will knock your wig off!!!!

i-HBSGzJg-XL.jpg

i-JNnfWCw-XL.jpg

i-JgwmxPz-XL.jpg

i-w8V3jQz-XL.jpg

We headed out of Potter now and around to one of my favourite things to do.......talk to the fountain.......I could spend hours watching and listening to the interactions between folks and the fountain, and had been known to chat to him myself on occasion......it`s so funny and has a real sense of humour....slightly adult on occasion but always just enough it goes over little ones heads, there is one voice in particular that for me is the best voice and I can recognize him immediately..............but today it was dry.......no water and no interaction.......

So we walked around to the very colourful bazaar area.......

i-mNpdk7w-XL.jpg

We like this area.......it has Poseidons Adventure........we hate this experience........it`s not fun and dull, except for the water vortex at the end......this is one building that is deemed to be a waste right now and should soon be re themed as something more relevant.......it`s a huge building and they will do so much with it.......but it is impressive........

i-F9D9wsB-XL.jpg

i-dcFgQZK-XL.jpg

i-5BP9NZX-XL.jpg

i-3KC5m9c-XL.jpg

Now it was time for lunch and we were indeed hungry. Those who have read our tales before know we never make reservations unless it`s for an upscale restaurant at night.......but for parks and Citywalk we never do........the idea of making reservations and having to be in a certain place and time fills us with dread.......I get a headache when I see some folks planning......it really isn't usually necessary.......unless its a major holiday of course........but we were here at Mythos and we would eat here today.......never usually a bad choice........

i-2gZ6DNt-XL.jpg

It is one of the prettiest restaurants around......and also one of the coldest. Which is lovely when you go into it from the baking heat of the day.... I have been known to go outside to warm back up! But, as always there is a little line, but we get seated in two minutes........and this was always the norm for us here.....never waited long even on a peak Saturday lunchtime.

Our table is to the far side of the restaurant, which was nice.......

i-jmnhgmz-XL.jpg

I do look as if I have a giant flower on my head here

i-Lfj3Dwr-XL.jpg

Tom orders a ginger ale and I get an orange Fanta.......it is gratefully received as we are so thirsty........our waiter is nice and attentive.......and we know what we are having very quickly......Tom opts for Crab cake sandwich and I order my usual Pad Thai which has chicken and shrimp.......and I`ve ordered this many times before and it`s always been exactly the same..........

i-T5n96kL-XL.jpg

i-BZhvRGz-XL.jpg

Tom`s is perfect. Looks good and he loved every morsel of it.......mine looked lovely.......and then I noticed it had red onions in it........now, I`m allergic to onions and have never had to ask as there has never been onions in this dish........so I call the guy over and say I should maybe have checked but there had never been onions served up in this dish before here......I explained I was allergic.......he said he would change it but there has always been onions in the Pad Thai.....eh, no there hasn't been as I would have noticed.......he then proceeded to inform me I should have informed him of any allergies......yes, he was correct but I didn't appreciate he was telling me something that wasn't true........but, he did change it and it came back with no onions......and did apologise and said I was correct there didn't used to be onions in the dish.......I thanked him and carried on with my meal. By now Tom was well finished though......and the dish although lovely, I didn't have the same appetite for it now. So we paid our check and left. They did take the cost of the drinks off the check which was fine. We weren't looking for anything off, we just like to eat at the same time........Tom I`m glad to say loved his meal. The annoying thing is I adore onions!!

So we headed back out and it was gorgeous to be back out in the heat as I had begun to shiver in there as we had been longer than usual.......

We went towards the exit now as we were done for the day with rides........but not done with pictures.......

i-J8ZXTmn-XL.jpg

i-F9RRMv5-XL.jpg

i-rf5wbMp-XL.jpg

The Christmas Shop here is one of our favourite stores in the whole park.......we spend so much money on stuff in here every year, and could always buy more.......and thankfully everything has always made it back home safely........they do wrap them well. And today the strong scent of cinnamon that was floating in the air when you went in, really made it feel even more of a Christmas feeling........it was gorgeous.........you can get many items personalized there and then if you want it done on anything.

i-vdHgXCq-XL.jpg

i-rhpVsB2-XL.jpg

i-cQ96V3P-XL.jpg

i-DZdS5dS-XL.jpg

Through the other side of the store there are a great many treats including fudge and other yummy items.........

i-nHs5CGH-XL.jpg

i-FbhfwpD-XL.jpg

The whole Port of Entry is beautiful.......so many people walk straight in and head for the rides, understandable of course, but it`s worth taking a few moments to check out the extravagantly coloured buildings.........the music stays in my head long after we leave.

i-CznwVNB-XL.jpg

i-ptRXt5j-XL.jpg

i-dDmTb5M-XL.jpg

i-k5Sm58J-XL.jpg

i-q7gtTBj-XL.jpg

We stared at these birds for a while before we decided they were indeed fake.........but from the distance we couldn't be sure........we stared at them so long a few other people began to wonder what we were looking at.....lol.....

i-RgzVDrS-XL.jpg

i-8qQ2Rm2-XL.jpg

Now we headed back to the hotel. We were planning a lazy afternoon as we were going to The Palm for dinner tonight.......when we got back into our room I checked my email and there is one from someone we`ve got to know so well over the last 6 years. We arranged through email to meet him over at SF at 3.30, which we really appreciated as he is so busy but said he had cleared his schedule. We got showered and headed over and spent a lovely hour and a half chatting and catching up......he is just the loveliest man we have ever met and we adore him. We sat at the bar at Strongwater Tavern and that time passed so quickly.

We eventually parted and knew we would see him a couple of times before we left........but for now we headed back to RPR through our business centre`s and ballrooms.........and we went up to the lounge for an hour or so before we got changed.

It was quiet up here tonight......and we had a lovely chat with some of the concierge staff.........

But soon we went down to get changed to head to The Palm for dinner.

EXACTLY my thought the first time they visited! Classic Soup Nazi encounter. I knew someone would pick up on that right away.:rotfl2:

Such a fun report.

I must google that.......haven't done it yet........glad you`re still enjoying it :)

Lovely pictures! I just noticed, for the first time after many trips, that the snowman is a Hufflepuff! My DD and I are both Hufflepuffs, so I'll have to get a picture there in December.

I really like Dr. Doom too, but no one else in my family does. I'm the only one who will ride hulk as well.

Oh you`d definitely do well with us then........we could just do those rides all morning ::yes:: .........yes, snowman is indeed a Hufflepuff.........:D

Oh you didn’t miss much this year with HHN.......it was the poorest year we have ever seen....

oh nooo...bummer to hear that :worried: We are looking fwd to doing HHN for the first time in years, so hope we're not too disappointed. (But honestly, not having been there in a while and not really knowing many of the IP houses other than shining and a little AHS, we're probably ridiculously easy to please.:D You guys are the real HHN experts, so you're probably harder to impress than us.) LOL.

While I wish you both would have enjoyed HHN more, it still sounds like you had a good time anyway!

True, MVille's food is not as good anymore, I do love their atmosphere, as I'm a big Buffet fan. I like their burgers and especially their Margarita flight.:thumbsup2

Appreciate the time you invest to write such a detailed, interesting TR.:thanks:

This has been a drawn out day........

Showered and dressed we went down to the Lobby and Tom wanted some pictures before we went out and got the ODC. The ones of me are so dark here for some reason.......so won`t post them

i-bBQS3KM-XL.jpg

Not sure why we don't have one together as I`m sure someone took one of both of us......but anyway, we headed out to get the car........the ODC will take you between hotels free of charge.......just the cost of a tip. There is also a dining shuttle but sometimes you have to stop off at other hotels and maybe wait a little time unless you order it be there........but we prefer the cars. The valet guy calls one over and we get in........its only a few minutes drive till we arrive at The Hard Rock Hotel.

This is actually my least favourite of the hotels......apart from Cabana Bay which I really don't like.......but there just wasn't a warm and fuzzy feeling for us here......nothing wrong with it and many love it......but we wouldn't stay here.......but it is quite impressive and it does house our favourite onsite restaurant.

And of course the obligatory photo opportunity at the famous entrance.........

i-fN8d9W9-XL.jpg

i-g2WDsFj-XL.jpg

Tom spies this car before we head in.......no he`s not getting one I tell him before he gets any ideas........

i-fF4bXPS-XL.jpg

We go inside and take a few pictures before our reservation........

i-jPttG7N-XL.jpg

The pool area is so nice too and we do wander around a little........the pool bar restaurant is very good too although it had been a few years since we had eaten there......and it is so quiet there tonight.......we aren't fond of the pool. Its shallow and we have no need for a slide like many families, so we prefer other pools. And it can get a little noisy for us. Although tonight was quiet as the grave.......

i-kVhhCvb-XL.jpg

i-3LkszrF-XL.jpg

Time for dinner..........we head back inside and walk into the check in desk of the restaurant.......it`s quite a secluded entrance really......no big effects but once inside it`s lovely........Lauren is the very impressive restaurant manager....we remembered her from previous years and as we approach and give our name she goes on the computer and wishes me a Happy Birthday! I had no idea she knew of course........but Bryson when booking it had put on the reservation it was my birthday......awww........so she chatted and took us through to our table........it was a nice booth again.......and the same one as last year........so funny......

This was waiting on the table when we arrived..........

i-vXG685s-XL.jpg

How nice.

Our water waiter appeared and we said normal filtered was fine, and then we ordered our usual bottle of wine here........Stag`s Leap Hands of Time........maybe a little boring but we liked it.

i-KSnxZVR-XL.jpg

Tom was snap happy tonight........lol........our bread arrived and we tried not to eat too much of it as usual......but it was lovely!

i-L5pM488-XL.jpg

We ordered giant shrimp cocktail for me and Tom had ordered the Lobster Bisque as our friend we met earlier had told him it was the nicest appetisers ever.....so we trusted his opinions and he got it........there are so many dishes to choose from here it is so difficult which to pick.......but we knew whatever it was it would be gorgeous......

i-QXVGSn2-XL.jpg

i-5gX3rZH-XL.jpg

Those shrimp were indeed huge!!! And the bisque was indeed as heavenly as it had been described........we reluctantly shared with each other.....and it was grudgingly :blush: as we both adored what we had but wanted a taste of each others.........

i-D6Qqq9X-XL.jpg

We savoured every little mouthful of the food we had just eaten........truly perfect was how Tom described the bisque........and my shrimps were none too shabby either.......they do give you a sauce, and an atomic horseradish sauce......I couldn't eat that.......I touched the tip of my tongue with a little and thought no way.......that was hotter than hades!!!! So I left it.......don't think many folks would eat that.....even Adam Richman!!!

Our entrees were for me the 11oz filet served medium rare and Tom ordered the Wagyu steak.......served medium......then he relented and asked for medium rare for a change........nice........and we shared as usual the potatoes au gratin.......they are large enough to share........

Not sure why my filet always looks so small.......but it wasn't ..........and Tom`s steak was looking good too....although maybe a little blurry........

i-F2MZd6C-XL.jpg

i-3rTWfqS-XL.jpg

i-bTGnBVn-XL.jpg

People must get bored with me saying how perfect food is.......but, this really was perfect.......steaks were sublime, perfectly cooked and tasty beyond anything else.......this was how steak should be cooked......and Tom enjoyed his medium rare for a change..........I told him he would.......

I tasted his and it was lovely, but much prefer the filet everytime.........but honestly......so good!!!! We were happy.........filled tummies.......

i-j5NqKqk-XL.jpg

When it came to desserts we never usually bother......but.....we did want one tonight......so Tom chose cheesecake and I opted for their gorgeous crème brulee......one of my favourite desserts ever.....done correctly........

So the desserts came out soon after and they looked gorgeous.......

i-pmZ8P4N-XL.jpg

Crème Brulee is a bit blurry again........

i-HjvqjBm-XL.jpg

And the chef sent out a special birthday dessert which was a cannoli of some kind........which is such a nice touch in restaurants.......

i-jG6Lxxj-XL.jpg

Then this guy appeared........and started serenading me to a very Italian version of Happy Birthday...........it was lovely, genuinely lovely.......

i-BVXmmZs-XL.jpg

Everyone clapped when he was done.......not that he was bad......lol.....he was actually very good......and it felt very nice that they do that for birthdays......and I actually blushed..........but again, so nice.

We loved our desserts too, they were perfect and the crème brulee was exactly as it should be.....hard topped and oh so creamy inside, Cheesecake was so lush too .....and again shared but kinda grudgingly..........we did love each other really, but food is food.........

Eventually we paid up and set to leave when we spoke to Lauren again and thanked her for a lovely evening......she is one smart lady and so nice......but now we headed out and got another ODC back home.......

WE had such a lovely day and evening.......but time for bed.......and of course Tom had to take a final couple of pictures before we went up.......the lovely entrance to the resort is rarely quiet......so trying to get a picture with no one there is difficult......but not impossible.......

i-ShGbv6W-XL.jpg

i-Bw7cqhw-XL.jpg

The lobby was lovely and quiet........so we wandered very slowly and headed to the elevators to get to bed.......

We hadn't felt that tired till we got into the room......then it was like a swarm of tiredness just overtook us.......we would sleep tonight........but we had enjoyed a wonderful day and evening.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!