2nd Time on Disney Dream, what else should we book...

Clojel

DIS Veteran
Hey all, my DH and DD and I cruised for the first time on the Dream last year (4 night). We liked it so much that we've decided to book again for this year. We sail in November and will be traveling concierge, so I'll be able to book activities starting in early July. The first time we sailed, we did most of the OBVIOUS "must dos"....we ate at Palo (I'm a pickier eater so I opted for that over Remy), we did the Dolphin Encounter at Nassau, we got a Cabana for CC, my DD did a Pirate makeover at BBB for Pirates night, saw BATB, and we did the Princess Meet & Greets. This time around, we're still planning a Palo dinner b/c we really enjoyed it, a Cabana (IF we can get it) and the Pirate Makeover for DD. We're skipping out on the M&G b/c my DD felt that once was enough for that and we're *thinking* about just staying on the ship for the Nassau day. When we finished our cruise last year, the overwhelming feeling we all had was that we didn't get to do enough ON the ship. So, this second time, we're leaning towards spending more time on the ship and checking out some things we didn't get to do the first time. Any thoughts on what we should be adding? My DD is 8 and she absolutely LOVED Kids Club so she'll be happy to go there more often than not which will leave DH & I free for adult activities on board...but I'd also love some feedback on the Sports Simulators and any other "family activities" we may have missed the first time. Thanks!!

Hey all, my DH and DD and I cruised for the first time on the Dream last year (4 night). We liked it so much that we've decided to book again for this year. We sail in November and will be traveling concierge, so I'll be able to book activities starting in early July. The first time we sailed, we did most of the OBVIOUS "must dos"....we ate at Palo (I'm a pickier eater so I opted for that over Remy), we did the Dolphin Encounter at Nassau, we got a Cabana for CC, my DD did a Pirate makeover at BBB for Pirates night, saw BATB, and we did the Princess Meet & Greets. This time around, we're still planning a Palo dinner b/c we really enjoyed it, a Cabana (IF we can get it) and the Pirate Makeover for DD. We're skipping out on the M&G b/c my DD felt that once was enough for that and we're *thinking* about just staying on the ship for the Nassau day. When we finished our cruise last year, the overwhelming feeling we all had was that we didn't get to do enough ON the ship. So, this second time, we're leaning towards spending more time on the ship and checking out some things we didn't get to do the first time. Any thoughts on what we should be adding? My DD is 8 and she absolutely LOVED Kids Club so she'll be happy to go there more often than not which will leave DH & I free for adult activities on board...but I'd also love some feedback on the Sports Simulators and any other "family activities" we may have missed the first time. Thanks!!

I don't see it in your description, but did you do the midship Detective agency? I think that's a must to do, and I think your daughter is exactly the right age for it, as she will be old enough to solve the puzzles on her own. Nassau day is a good day for doing it, because the ship won't be as full. And there are three different storylines, so if you like it the first time, there are two more opportunities.

Will you do Palo brunch as well? That's a great experience.

You'll get a cabana since you're concierge. In fact, you can even request which one you want!

I agree that the detective game is something to do. Also ride the Aquaduck if you didn't before. We enjoy watching movies on funnel vision.

For adults, what about a tasting class? Also do go into the adult areas. Pick a line and have a cocktail. My personal favorite on the Dream is Pink, the champagne bar.

I don't see it in your description, but did you do the midship Detective agency? I think that's a must to do, and I think your daughter is exactly the right age for it, as she will be old enough to solve the puzzles on her own. Nassau day is a good day for doing it, because the ship won't be as full. And there are three different storylines, so if you like it the first time, there are two more opportunities.

I forgot to add midship detective but we did do it.....she loved it!!! We’ll likely do it again, although we did all 3 storylines last time ;)

I am a super picky eater and I LOVED Remy. I would seriously consider it. I warmed the waiter up front and gave him my list (no seafood/fish at all, no mushrooms, no blue cheese/feta, no apples, nothing slimy [ie duck liver mousse], and so on) - before I sound super high maintenance a decent portion of that is allergies. They were very accommodating and it is one of the best meals I have ever had.

I am a super picky eater and I LOVED Remy. I would seriously consider it. I warmed the waiter up front and gave him my list (no seafood/fish at all, no mushrooms, no blue cheese/feta, no apples, nothing slimy [ie duck liver mousse], and so on) - before I sound super high maintenance a decent portion of that is allergies. They were very accommodating and it is one of the best meals I have ever had.

Hmm....that’s good to know about Remy. Maybe I’ll consider it :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts