3/13 Member Services Calls

I got through. Cancelled 3 reservations that were to start next week. Normal points (about 600) went back into this year which I can bank by May 31st. 22 points that were borrowed, went into holding. I didn't mind the 22 in holding and really didn't care to discuss putting those back into this year. Happy with the outcome but very sad to cancel.
Were those 22 points from 2019 use year?

I waited for about an hour & 45 minutes, but was able to get them to cancel and put in the exception for holding points last night through the chat. They said it would take up to 30 days for the points to go back, but not to worry. If I needed the points sooner to call member services.

I having been dialing constantly since 8:59 and haven't made it on hold yet. Is there a trick to getting thru?

I have gotten the automated message 4x this AM and every time the call has disconnect/dropped from them. It did state if
you were arriving in next two weeks to stay on hold and for all other reservations beyond that to call back later. I want to cancel,
but cannot do so online. I wish DVC would send those with reservations some communication on what our options are the next two weeks while the parks are closed. I do not trust the resorts will stay open that entire time if too many people cancel and would want reassurance that dining/shopping would be available.

I can't even get through. Other than the 1/2 hour I was working out, I have been trying since 9am.
Is there any online option to cancel and put points in holding? We are set to arrive 3/21.
You can cancel online and have the points to into holding.
I having been dialing constantly since 8:59 and haven't made it on hold yet. Is there a trick to getting thru?
Same with me.

I had tried to do an online chat yesterday after the announcement that Disneyland was closing. I was in the chat hold till I had to go to my daughters soccer practice. When I left it said I still had an hour wait.

We were going to boardwalk using 220 points that are borrowed as well as a night at SSR using 18 of my FIL's points 13 which my husband thinks were banked so my FIL could not bank them. But Now that I'm typing that it doesn't make much sense.

After being on hold for 50 minutes I got a CM. I'm on hold again, but they are looking into my point and seeing what can be done.

I'm supposed to arrive tomorrow. If I cancel online putting points in holding, can member services "fix" that later when I am able to get someone on the phone?

Busy signal all morning long! I knew the minute I saw the news last night today would be a disaster. I should have just called them yesterday afternoon to cancel our trip for next week instead.

I'm supposed to arrive tomorrow. If I cancel online putting points in holding, can member services "fix" that later when I am able to get someone on the phone?

We were set to arrive Sunday morning.

That's what we are doing. DH canceled online while I hit redial. I'm currently working with Member Services who is putting some points back into the 2020 use year and banking the others.

Finally got through after 1 1/2 hour wait. CM took care of the reservation putting all my points back into my 2020 UY account. We were supposed to arrive today- no same day/no show cancellation penalty for us. Thankful to this wonderful CM Margie who tried to stay cheerful for me.

I wish I could find and thank the person on these boards who posted the (407)566-3800) number. Called at 9 on the dot this morning and got through to the Disney Music. Tried that same number while on hold using my cell phone and only got a busy signal. Best of luck and much patience to everyone trying to work out their plans.

Were those 22 points from 2019 use year?
Yikes, i thought they were putting all point back. I have borrowed points from 2020 on my reservations from next week. I definitely don't want them going to holding. It is about 90 points of my 232 that were to be used.

Finally got through after 1 1/2 hour wait. CM took care of the reservation putting all my points back into my 2020 UY account. We were supposed to arrive today- no same day/no show cancellation penalty for us. Thankful to this wonderful CM Margie who tried to stay cheerful for me.

I wish I could find and thank the person on these boards who posted the (407)566-3800) number. Called at 9 on the dot this morning and got through to the Disney Music. Tried that same number while on hold using my cell phone and only got a busy signal. Best of luck and much patience to everyone trying to work out their plans.
I have been trying the 407 number all morning starting at 9 a.m. Haven't been able to get through. I emailed them also. I was able to cancel the dining plan online and those funds have already been put back on my disney gift cards.

Are we seeing that banked points go into holding? That is not good! 133 points of my reservation are banked points and there is no way I can use those in the next 30 days. I was hoping to use those to extend our already-booked summer trip.

I have gotten through and working with a CM now. Apparently she is also on hold with me as well as accounting to get them to move points around... It appears to be working out, but geez what a train wreck.

Last edited:
I just got through. Initial wait time said 55 minutes and that was about what it took. The CM said they only have done one other call this am -- it involved holding points and move to another use year. He needed to fill out a form and go on hold with another department and that took 2 hours. Yikes. He has to do something similar with me.

Yikes, i thought they were putting all point back. I have borrowed points from 2020 on my reservations from next week. I definitely don't want them going to holding. It is about 90 points of my 232 that were to be used.

I think because I was her first call of the day, she hadn't been pushed from anyone else (members) re: putting back borrowed or banked points into a regular account, she didn't offer and I was quite happy to get my 661 points back into my regular use year knowing I was cancelling with only 5 days notice

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter