3/13 Member Services Calls

I spent 45 minutes dialing (from 9AM) and 60 minutes on hold. The CM cancelled the reservation and then (without even asking) took the banked points and swapped them into the existing August reservation made with current use year points so I only had bankable points left. I then made a 4 day reservation to extend the August trip a bit (unfortunately no more Boulder ridge availability, so have OKW with a BRV and BCV waitlist) and will bank the remainder.

Long time on hold, but very good support, and I had forgotten about the banked points in the March reservation so would have needed to call MS to swap points anyway.

Bruce

I spent 45 minutes dialing (from 9AM) and 60 minutes on hold. The CM cancelled the reservation and then (without even asking) took the banked points and swapped them into the existing August reservation made with current use year points so I only had bankable points left. I then made a 4 day reservation to extend the August trip a bit (unfortunately no more Boulder ridge availability, so have OKW with a BRV and BCV waitlist) and will bank the remainder.

Long time on hold, but very good support, and I had forgotten about the banked points in the March reservation so would have needed to call MS to swap points anyway.

Bruce

Awesome. Just for future reference, if you ever cancel or change a trip and end up with banked points in your account, and have another reservation that can use them, you can swap them yourself.

Just go in to the reservation you are keeping, modify it but don’t change a thing, follow all the way to the end and click to rebook, it will take the banked points and free up the rest, even if it looks like it won’t!

I have a check in day today and get a busy signal when I call the 800-800-9800 number. Is there another number to try?

I have a check in day today and get a busy signal when I call the 800-800-9800 number. Is there another number to try?
I'm on hold using the 407-566-3800 but it took me close to 2 hours to finally get through to enter the hold que

2:45 total time from start to finish, but we are all set. Re-booked for June and no holding points. CM Bella was fantastic.

I just realized what my points issue is -- while on hold I was going through the transactions. Our waitlist came through last week (automatically, no phone call), and when they canceled the original reservation the points went into holding and then were used on the new reservation. Then when I canceled that new reservation it put the points back into holding.

The CM said they put in a change so that if you cancel during this period, the points should NOT go into holding. Obviously I can't prove that.

I am on hold again while CM works her magic, but here is what she said she can do:
  • Cancel current reservation.
  • Use banked points from that reservation for our already-booked July vacation (these would have been useless to us otherwise, and it was 133 points).
  • Put the points we borrowed for the July vacation back into the original use year.
So that leaves me with quite a few current use year points that I can still bank, so maybe next year we blow it out and get a Grand Villa. Wouldn't that be a silver lining to all this mess?

I got it taken care of -- cancel reservation, get points out of holding, and make new reservation for July! Just under two hours. CM Jake was wonderful.

I am on hold again while CM works her magic, but here is what she said she can do:
  • Cancel current reservation.
  • Use banked points from that reservation for our already-booked July vacation (these would have been useless to us otherwise, and it was 133 points).
  • Put the points we borrowed for the July vacation back into the original use year.
So that leaves me with quite a few current use year points that I can still bank, so maybe next year we blow it out and get a Grand Villa. Wouldn't that be a silver lining to all this mess?

Awesome To know! I wish my points had been kept out of holding. But I think it has to do with borrowed status. So, hopefully the email I sent yesterday will have them removed!

Awesome To know! I wish my points had been kept out of holding. But I think it has to do with borrowed status. So, hopefully the email I sent yesterday will have them removed!
Call back in a few days. I got the impression that nothing would be put in holding.

Newbie here... if we want to change our reservation do we have to make a separate call for tickets? We aren’t supposed to check in until April 7 so I’m waiting for now... worried this closure will get extended. It’s our first trip with points so this is all new for me. TIA

I tried to modify online and it said my returned points would go into holding. With what's happening it should just go back into my bank.

My trip was 160 points. I cancelled online and 48 went to holding, 112 went back to this use year. I don’t understand why this happened.

Newbie here... if we want to change our reservation do we have to make a separate call for tickets? We aren’t supposed to check in until April 7 so I’m waiting for now... worried this closure will get extended. It’s our first trip with points so this is all new for me. TIA

WDW issued a statement that all tickets with a start date of March 31st or sooner would be valid for all dates through Dec 15th

I would assume that if park closing is extended then the tickets will be as well.

When i finally got through the CM was able to put the points back in the 2020 use year on our reservation. My FIL's reservation we have 13 points that because they had been borrowed has to be used by May 31 or he loses them.

Tickets hold their original value, so even if they have an expiration date they are like cash and can be used down the road to "buy" new tickets and for once, ticket specials may be better later this year to entice people back.

After many tries, the 407 number finally answered and I'm on hold. 65 minutes wait estimate.

Awesome. Just for future reference, if you ever cancel or change a trip and end up with banked points in your account, and have another reservation that can use them, you can swap them yourself.

Just go in to the reservation you are keeping, modify it but don’t change a thing, follow all the way to the end and click to rebook, it will take the banked points and free up the rest, even if it looks like it won’t!
Never knew this was an option - thanks!!! :worship:

I am in the online chat right now.. I think there were 331 guests in front of me when I hopped in hours ago. I am trying to have my points transferred from holding to my regular account.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter