3/29: A Bizarre Crowd Trend

rocketman23

<font color = green>Zamp in the Lamp<br><font colo
I figured I'd go out this evening and check out the Pat Travers Band upon the good word from this site. Well, the crowds were horrendus at IOA. Hulk was 75 min, and that's with a quarter of the day's crowd already gone at about 6. MIB had a looooooong single rider line. But the most bizarre thing was the crowd for Pat Travers. After the meatheads got done with their little improv on stage, nearly all the crowd left. I literally walked up to the front row two songs into the concert WITHOUT having to push anyone. I was leaning on the closet black rails to the stage. They were a good band though, just very few were there. It boggled the mind! O well, I also saw our very own Robert Walker on one of the floats...:D

Boy...I understand about the crowds, but that IS odd about the Pat Travers band...perhaps they all left and went to IOA because they plan to do Hootie tonight...??? I dunno.

I know we're heading over there this afternoon, I'm fully prepared for it to be completely insane at the parks! We really *should* stay clear...but I want to see Hootie and the Blowfish tonight...

I don't think MIB999999 shares my enthusiasm, but that's what he gets for hanging around with a young chick! :D :D :D

Rocketman, (or anyone else) if you're going...we're going to be meeting Robert W around the stoplight that is near LaBamba...

Karen

Same thing happened on 03/28/02, a Thursday night. Wait times for the rides we're still 45 minutes, even at 9pm.
Pat Travers was playing, but there was only a small crowd in front of the stage. My daughter and I walked by and kept going. If you're in the mood for a rock band, and you've had a few drinks, then you'd be happy, otherwise, it's just too loud.
It's kinda like the music you hear at carnivals, when they crank it up so loud that it hurts your ears. Another reason I didn't care to watch is because they are a 3 piece band, no keyboards. This is hard to explain and may be taken the wrong way, but I really don't care to watch others playing music anymore, bands are overrated, I think the fad is wearing out. Why stand there watching a band, when you can go on rides? My daughter and I walked over to IOA and the lines we're still 45 minutes for DD, a long walk for nothing. The ride times used to drop at night, but not anymore.

I was there on wednesday and the lines at US was long also. There was a 90 minute wait for Kong, 60 minute for Earthquake, and 75 for MIB. The wonders on Spring/Easter weekend.

No wonder why I couldn't find you. I was at the stop light in front of the makeup show that we normally stand at. It was a great concert though. I had to play a game to sneak into the back lot to get back to my car on Saturday night.

Originally posted by Robert Walker
No wonder why I couldn't find you. I was at the stop light in front of the makeup show that we normally stand at. It was a great concert though. I had to play a game to sneak into the back lot to get back to my car on Saturday night.

I was packed in at the La Bamba traffic light. However, I never saw MIB9 or MsDis... did you guys make it out?

I was packed in at the La Bamba traffic light. However, I never saw MIB9 or MsDis... did you guys make it out?

I guess I have the location of the stoplight mixed up...We DID go right by the "usual" stoplight...all we could do was weave through though because by the time we got there, it was JAMMED....but we walked right in front of it, we didn't see anyone, and I guess noone saw us!:rolleyes: (MIB is sort of hard to miss!;) ) We ended up in front of Mels, we couldn't see the stage, but at least it was wide open there, so we could breathe!:rolleyes:

Sorry we missed you guys, the day went in a different direction than we expected and our times were just never in sync with where we should have been at any moment! :eek: We ended up meeting up with friends of mine, and their kids...and we had a great time! Good concert!!!:) We didn't go on a single attraction all day either! :eek:

Karen

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter