3:30-4:00? Special time? Chip'n'Dale?

Simba's Mom

<font color=green>everything went to "H*** in a ha
Last week, when I was trying to leave MK at this time, I encountered the only major problem with transportation my entire trip. We waited 1/2 hour for a bus-and yes, I checked my watch! There were lots of bus drivers and buses around, but there appeared to be a lot of confusion and drivers changing. When a bus did finally arrive for us (after a woman went and complained), we were told that, unfortunately, we were the victims of "change of shift-time confusion". Just wondering if this could be true? One snaffu in what I estimate to be 8 bus rides isn't bad. Actually, another time, we were on a bus that stopped, but we were changed over to another bus so promptly and again on our way, that I don't consider that incident to be a snaffu. But I was wondering, should I watch out for this 3:30-4:00 time?

That is typically the big shift change time... although, the way things work... it shouldn't have been like that. All the night drivers come in 3:00, 3:30... and the other drivers leave 4:00, 4:30... they basically just break each other. However, we just transitioned to a new bid line, which means new coordinators, and new drivers to that Hub. *shrug* That's odd that it would happen, especially at the MK. What resort was it for?

That bus was shared by 3 resorts, at least-Boardwalk, Yacht and Beach club. I think that at that time, Swan and Dolphin had their own bus, but I'm not positive.

That's very odd... we're using the new computers at MK for dispatching as of 2weeks ago, and it shouldn't be letting something like that happen...

I think sometimes that Tyler doesn't believe us when we complain about the busses... :)

I certainly don't think (or at least I hope) that Tyler doesn't think I'm complaining about the Trasportation in general. It's just that one incident-and it was so unique, the way bus drivers were all getting on and off buses, coming and going, that I was wondering what it was.

Originally posted by Gillian
I think sometimes that Tyler doesn't believe us when we complain about the busses... :)

It's not that I don't believe y'all... I'm just trying to figure out what's happening. We did find out some service issues with DTD... and have started to take measures to ensure those "situations" were no longer happening. We have our up days and our down days, just like any other place... however, our goal is to virtually eliminate the down days... and we're getting pretty gosh darned close.

Originally posted by Simba's Mom
I certainly don't think (or at least I hope) that Tyler doesn't think I'm complaining about the Trasportation in general. It's just that one incident-and it was so unique, the way bus drivers were all getting on and off buses, coming and going, that I was wondering what it was.

Of course I don't think so.

It's kind of an unfortunete coincidence that you have the parade exit, and shift changes all at the same time... it makes things a bit complicated. Of course, your delay should not have happened under any circumstances. I'm wondering if the driver got dispatched to Y/B/BW... but went to S&D instead? *shrug*

I was just teasing. But he always seems so, well, shocked, that anyone ever has to wait! :teeth: He just has the most amazing faith in the Disney transportation system. You've gotta love it! Would it be great if we all felt that way about our jobs?

Originally posted by Gillian
I was just teasing. But he always seems so, well, shocked, that anyone ever has to wait! :teeth: He just has the most amazing faith in the Disney transportation system. You've gotta love it! Would it be great if we all felt that way about our jobs?

There's two reasons for that...

One... I work there... I see all the hard work that goes into the systems. In all seriousness, if you were to spend a day behind the scenes of Disney Transport, you'd see us in a completely different light. We move probably a million people a day, and 95% of that is quickly and efficiently as possible.

The second reason falls into one of the Seven Service Guidelines of Disney... "Preserve the Magical Guest Experience."

Originally posted by Chip 'n Dale Express

The second reason falls into one of the Seven Service Guidelines of Disney... "Preserve the Magical Guest Experience."

You have peaked my curiosity Tyler What are the other six service guidlines for CM's

Originally posted by CdnDisneyNut
You have peaked my curiosity Tyler What are the other six service guidlines for CM's

Make eye contact and smile
Greet and Welcome each and every guest
Seek out guest contact
Provide immediate service recovery
Display appropriate body language at all times
Preserve the Magical guest experience
Thank each and every guest

we had no problem with the bus system when we were there last week, and it was the Thanksgiving holiday. The longest we had to wait was about 10 minutes on Sunday morning for the MGM bus at the Polynesian, 2 Animal Kingdom buses came in a row before the MGM bus came.

From reading Tyler's posts, I can understand what a HUGE and complicated system it is, so when people say they had to wait 1/2 hour, etc...it amazes me, because unless I looked at my watch, I had no concept of time... I didn't mind, I was on vacation and I was at Disney World, it can't get much better than that!

Originally posted by Chip 'n Dale Express
Make eye contact and smile
Greet and Welcome each and every guest
Seek out guest contact
Provide immediate service recovery
Display appropriate body language at all times
Preserve the Magical guest experience
Thank each and every guest

Thanks Tyler. I can say that 99% of the CM that I have come across abide by the seven service guidelines of Disney.
:cool: :cool:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter