3 DAS Users in a Party of 14, Any MDE Advice for Booking Rides?

The screenshot doesn’t work. Tried it last Apr. Apparently the barcode changes.
Worked fine for us 2 weeks ago. Take the screen shot of the ticket from Disneyland App.
Then what we did was make that screenshot/photo into our Lock Screen. DO NOT crop the photo. The slots for the barcode reader are designed to read the barcode where it appears on the screen in the app.
All you have to do then is to open your Lock Screen and slide ur phone in the slot.

Last edited:
Worked fine for us 2 weeks ago. Take the screen shot of the ticket from Disneyland App.
Then what we did was make that screenshot photo our Lock Screen. DO NOT crop the photo. The slots for the barcode reader are designed to read the barcode where it appears on the screen in the app.
All you have to do then is to open your Lock Screen and slide ur phone in the slot.
Well *bleeping bleep!!* I got straight up LECTURED by a CM for my screenshot of a ticket and they said the barcodes always change and they put on such a show of it I still remember standing there in front of my family and the random strangers within earshot of the very loud CM feeling like a complete fool.

Actually I think I feel a bit better knowing they were dumb too lol

Last edited:
Well *bleeping bleep!!* I got straight up LECTURED by a CM for my screenshot of a ticket and they said the barcodes always change and they put on such a show of it I still remember standing there in front of my family and the random strangers within earshot of the very loud CM feeling like a complete fool.
:earseek:
Actually I think I feel a bit better knowing they were dumb too lol
:rotfl:

The CM was absolutely clueless. Maybe they made an assumption about why some people’s codes weren’t scanning from a screenshot.

At least one CM noticed DH was scanning from his Lock Screen and told us that it was a great idea, instead of having to navigate back to it each time. The CM said that he’d told guests to screenshot the barcode before, but never thought to tell them to make it their wallpaper of the Lock Screen.

We found that some tapstiles had slots that were slightly deeper or more shallow than most. This made those scanners a little more finicky to line up the code just right. Also dh had cropped his screenshot to try to make sure the clock didn’t overlap, but that made the placement of the code be off just slightly so that it took multiple tries to get lined up just right.

Millennium Falcon is particularly tough, and is one of the tapstiles that was shallower, so it was very unforgiving as to the code’s placement on the screen — Luckily the CM noticed dh was using a screenshot and specifically asked if he had cropped the photo? He manually scanned in DH using the CM phone/hand scanner, and told DH to change to an uncropped screenshot. The next time we scanned in, it was still a bit persnickety, but it did work on the second or third try.

The ticket barcode definitely doesn’t change. It is associated with your ticket for the whole time it is valid. Each person has a unique barcode. As a matter of fact, I just checked and the barcode that was on my e-ticket that I purchased from undercover tourist is the same as what showed up in the Disneyland App once I entered the tickets… which makes sense. So if I’d wanted to, I could’ve printed my e-ticket and carried that with me instead.

There would be a different bar code for you if you had a oogie boogie ticket— but just for that event. On subsequent days you would revert to using the original tix code.

Also, since you have to associate your ticket to your MB+, how would that work if it was being continually regenerated?

I hope you stopped at GS, or emailed them later about this.

That CM apparently forgot to pick up their good attitude and smile when they got their costume that day.

Sorry, you got chewed out. That was wrong. You were definitely NOT the fool there! 🥺

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter