3 days at SSR with 3 kiddos and without a hubby :)

MelissaTnNc

Mouseketeer
Just wanted to pop in and share about our fantastic experience at SSR. We rented points through David three weeks prior to our arrival on his last minute discount special pricing and it was an easy and smooth process. I emailed thru the website around 6pm Tuesday night and the next morning had confirmation of room availability for May 28-31. By noon we had completed the reservation and I noticed on the final forms that we needed to already have added all names of the people in the room. We did not now if my DH would be able to travel with us, so I immediately called in and asked if it was too late to add him even though we were only 3 weeks out from the stay and not sure yet if he would be joining us. We were able to add him no problem, by Monday we had our (3rd! lol) set of magic bands. He ended up not being able to travel with us, but it was wonderful customer service to be able to add him regardless.

We flew into Orlando on the 18th, but stayed off property on points that were gifted to us at BlueGreen from friends who are BlueGreen owners for 7 days, hubby flew back home at the end of the BG stay and then the kiddos and I spent two nights with family in the area before heading to SSR.

The night before our arrival at SSR I remembered to do online check in and requested Paddock near the pool and that we would be arriving around 1pm. Was also able to grab a late breakfast reservation at Cape May for Goofy's breakfast for the 28th while online as well. We arrived at Cape May about 20 minutes early and were seated within about 5 minutes. I had not really thought through how I was going to get through a buffett with 3 small children (6, 4, 1) and no other adult. Luckily, we were seated very close to the buffet, but I will not likely book any meal that requires me to leave the table to get my food before my children are all in middle school :laughing:. Breakfast was certainly an adventure and I was definitely questioning my ability to do three days with three little ones. The characters were wonderful, our server was especially helpful and we tipped her well to apologize for our chaos. We sat out on the rockers on the porches at the beach club for a bit before heading over to SSR.

When we arrived at SSR around noon (so before our anticipated arrival time), there was some repair work being done in the 'checkin 30 minutes only' spots that took up over half of the small parking lot and there were no spots for us to park. We circled for a few minutes and all at once 5 or 6 spots opened up (of course!) and headed into the lobby to check in. We immediately were greeted and headed over to check in. The gentleman checking us in asked me my children's ages and then immediately said, "Oh you are in a perfect location", so I was pretty sure that my Paddock near the pool request was honored and it was :goodvibes .

We headed to our room and it was in the building right next to the pool. Yay! We spent the next few hours at the pool, it was not very crowded, I loved having the smaller kid play area to keep my little one. We had dinner in the room and then took a bus to downtown disney to walk around a bit. The bus came pretty quickly and we spent about an hour downtown before deciding to head to the beach club for dessert. I had this crazy idea to take a bus from downtown disney to hollywood studios to take a boat to the beach club. I didn't realize you cannot get to a park from downtown disney, so we ended up taking a bus to pop century to take a bus to HS to take a boat to BC. I REALLY wanted to take that boat :rotfl:. Well, as you can imagine, I don't recommend doing that. We love love love the boats from MK to WL, Poly, etc, and I didn't really remember that the BC/YC/Swan/Dolphin boats are bit noisy and hotter. Whoops! Oh well, we were on an adventure!

We finally arrived at the BC and waited about 30 minutes in line for dessert, which was fine and then headed out to the bus stop to head back to downtown disney to get back to SSR. It was a looooong wait at the bus stop. That was a bit of a bummer, I don't know what 'normal' wait time is, but it was definitely the longest we waited, and then some. By the time we got to downtown Disney and on the bus to SSR, my kiddos were all falling asleep. I did not take my double stroller and two very nice couples helped me get my two littlest ones off the bus since they were asleep. Over and over and over again over those three days, I was so thankful for the kindness of strangers. We were in our room by 11pm, the kids had no idea I was getting them up at 7am to head to MK.....:yay::yay:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter