• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

3 days to go

sgrech

Earning My Ears
Off to DLP on Sunday for 2.5 days. Getting really excited now. Going with my children who are 1 and 5 (+ my wife!). Emily my elder child won't be prepared to walk around the parks all day, so I need to consider whether 1. I buy a buggy board before we go or 2. I hire a buggy at the park with a buggy board (which I understand that you can do).
If I hire a buggy can I take it from park to park and to village as well and then just return by park closing time (currently 8pm I believe). Also can leave my own buggy at the park and then hire one, so that when I return the hired buggy at the end of the day, I can then switch to using my own buggy.

I would appreciate any information / people's experiences.

Also I am parking at Ashford and travelling by Eurostar. Are there 2 car parks there, I read that one charges 9.5 a day and another £4 a day. Can anyone please confirm this.

Cheers
Simon

Simon, sorry I can't help with any of the above but I'm sure someone will be along soon who can.

Bet your household is getting rather excited now!!!:goodvibes:goodvibes

You can take the strollers out of of the park, but I think that you have to leave a fairly large deposit.
Another way is keep your receipt for stroller hire and show it at the next park and you'll get another for free.
I doubt you will be able to leave your own buggy, as I there is limited space.
The only option I can think of is to to leave it a guest storage, but there is a charge for this service.

Reid

Thanks for all your responses. It sounds like it would be best if we just take our own buggy.

I just have a few final questions (hopefully)!

Is there space on the shuttle bus to park you buggy with baby in it.

Is there are dress code in the restuarants more particularily the hotel ones i.e. Inventions.

Does anyone know the time (currently) that the parade takes place in Disney Studios.

Thanks again
Simon

There are two parades in Walt Disney Studios. A very short morning one at 10.30am and then the main afternoon parade at 1.45pm. :) In the Disneyland Park, it is at 4pm only.

The dress code in all restaurants is casual as far as I know!

I don't know the answer to the buggy one though. I'm sure someone else will know!

Simon
there is space for buggy on the shuttle bus, but be prepared to work for it :guilty: Similar to buses at home there is a space for people on wheelchairs and buggies, but not eveyone respects this.
We dress for restaurants as we do the park, so casual is the order of the day.
Parade for Studios currently is - Cinema parade 13.45hrs

Reid

We really struggled to get our hired stroller on and off the shuttle buses, that was without our daughter in it. The strollers are quite wide. First time we went thought it would be easier to hire one rather than add to what we were taking by bringing our own but we've taken our own each time since.

Thanks a lot for your answers - most helpful.

On e final final question, are there many attractions that I will be able to take my 1 yr old on, somebody else has already Duumbo and It's a small world, can anyone else suggest any others.

Cheers

Hmm... there's Le Pays des Contes de Fées, which is a gentle boat ride in Fantasyland, the Pinocchio Ride, also in Fantasyland, as well as the Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs ride. But I would hesitate with the the Snow White ride as it does have a couple of scary moments - for example, where the Wicked Witch suddenly turns round to face you, although it all works out in the end. Actually, come to think of it, the Pinocchio ride has a similar predicament. Hmm. Also, there is Critter Corral in Frontierland, which is a little enclosure in which you can look at and pet different animals such as bunnies - occasionally one of the cast members will let you hold one too!

Hope that helps a bit! I've never been to Disneyland with such a small child so I was just going off the top of my head, really. :)

Would he not alos be okay on Peter Pan & how about the one in discovery land which is like Dumbo but with aeroplanes (I think, we've never actually been on that one!). Also the flying carpets in the Studios. There's not alot in the studios for younger ones but if you're going in anyway, the queues for this are much shorter than Dumbo and they have fastpass! Ifyour little one is a bit of a thrill seeker (mine both were!) they may be able to go on Casey Jones which is at the back of Fantasy land and is a little rollercoaster train which goes surprisingly fast (I'm a bit of a wimp!) but it's great for little ones. The other thing about the 'scary rides' like Snow White & Pinochio, my four year old used to be scared but she's not now (aged 6). My three year old has been on them since aged 2 and was never scared as he didn't really understand that these nasy people were actually something to be scared of (does that make sense?). He wasn't really that familiar with the stories and so he was fine, he just enjoyed the ride.
Regarding the strollers, can't remember if you said where you were staying. We stayed at the Newport Bay last time and we hired our stroller for three days in one transaction and paid a deposit (50 euros I think) and just walked back and forwards from park to hotel with the three year old in the pram and the 6 year old on the buggy board. We trundled straight into the lift, up to our room and parked it in there!

Can somebody please tell me where the ATM is in the park.

I am just taking Euro100 with me and intend to pay for everything with my debit / credit card. The 100 is just for incidentals. I assuming that this approach will work in the park?

Thanks
Simon

To be honest, Simon, I would say that the majority of rides and attractions are suitable for babies, with the exception of Space Mountain, Big Thunder Mountain, Indiana Jones, Rock 'n' Rollercoaster and Armageddon: Special Effects.

I don't think there are any height restrictions on anything else, and I've seen people take babies and very small children on all of the other rides. Phantom Manor may be a bit scary for a one-year-old, but apart from that, I can't think of anything else that wouldn't be okay! Even rides like Pirates of the Caribbean seem okay for little ones. It depends on the child, really!

Credit cards are accepted at all of the restaurants, I believe, although there may be a small charge for using it. (I think up to 75p per transaction but I'm not sure.) There is a charge card facility which we used (and was extremely convenient), but it depends on where you're staying. Which hotel will you be at?

There is an ATM in the Liberty Arcade and one in Discovery Arcade which run up either side of Main Street.
You must be so excited :banana: - have a wonderful trip and tell us ALL about it when you get back!! :sunny:

There is also an ATM just outside the railway station so you can get any cash before you enter the park.

Reid

We just took our own stroller as did many other families, and used our own stroller thoughout the holiday - no need to hire one at the parks just use your own

I'm sure there was also an ATM in Adventureland, next to the hotdog stall.

Julie H is right, there is one in Adventureland! Now that I think of it I distinctly remember my dad getting some money out while we went to queue up at Colonel Hathi's. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter