3-Nights split stay

Jim972

Earning My Ears
Hi,

We plan (Family of 5), to visit the 3 parks over 3 nights.

I thought of staying the first night at Cabana Bay and visit Volcano Bay the next morning, and then move to Portofino Bay for the next 2 nights.

We arrive in flight early in the morning so I thought the kids could have fun and relax at Cabana bay and visiting the parks in the next days.

The main reason I'm thinking of splitting is the proximity to Volcano Bay.

I wanted to know if it makes sense

I have done many split stays on vacation with my family of four including a split at Disney (4&4) and Uni (1 night RPH & 5 nights Cabana Bay). I would not recommend a split stay over such a short vacation. You think it won't take much time moving resorts but even if you are super organized and use packing cubes and all that, it is a pain packing up. And that's not including the time spent checking in and moving between resorts which isn't easy at Uni, you would have to Uber.

Also, although it was very quick to walk to VB from CBR, the bus system at Uni is so efficient that I would not factor having to bus to VB at all. The longest we waited for a bus at Royal Pacific to VB was about 3 minutes. We never waited when we left the park, but there definitely could be a line and a wait if you choose to leave the park right at close with everyone else.

We always do a split stay. We drive and arrive in the evening, so we stay the first night at one of the cheaper places.

Pack in such a way that it is easy to only have to unpack what you need for the first day.

We always get up very early the next morning to make the transfer and make it to the parks for early park admission.

You’d have to check out of CB before heading out for the day. You have 2 choices - leave your bags at CB and head to VB or go check into Portofino and have them hold your bags.

Both options leave you without a room until the Portofino room opens up.

The second option kind of eliminates any location advantage for CB.

ETA: I think I misread. Your plan looks fine to me and probably would be exactly how we’d handle it.

I always think - the only real advantage that we get from the Premiere hotels is Express Pass. If we aren’t going to go to the parks that day, we’re paying a lot of money for something we can’t use. I’d rather save it there and spend it on a nice dinner or something.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!