$30,000 trip....what’s the best deal to maximize payment??

I'd recommend not only using a rewards credit card, but also using this to meet the sign up bonus minimum spends on cards.
So find a card that offers a large cash bonus, or airline miles, or points or whatever, but maybe has a $3,000+ minimum spend. Then spread it out over several cards to get all the bonuses.

Make sure to cancel any cards before a year is up if they charge a fee. A big purchase like this is a credit card hacking goldmine. (Keep in mind Chase bank only lets you get 5 cards per 24 month period.)

You don't want to cancel any card with an AF before they charge the fee, you want it to hit after you've had the card and then it's better to product change or try for a retention offer than just out right cancel it. But never cancel a card before you've had it a year if you want to continue getting credit cards from that bank. There's an entire thread on this board about credit card churning and it's been mentioned in this thread already along with using it for sign up bonsues.

You don't want to cancel any card with an AF before they charge the fee, you want it to hit after you've had the card and then it's better to product change or try for a retention offer than just out right cancel it. But never cancel a card before you've had it a year if you want to continue getting credit cards from that bank. There's an entire thread on this board about credit card churning and it's been mentioned in this thread already along with using it for sign up bonsues.

I always call up about a month before my year is up, tell them I don't want to pay the fee. About 60% of the time they waive it for the next year, sometimes it gets cancelled. I've been doing this for about 20 years now.

The cards are a lot pickier than they used to be though. Lots more rules about how many you can have.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter