30 minute morning safari at AKV?

Shenandoah Minnie

Mouseketeer
If you are staying in Jambo are you eligible to take this morning safari? I read something about conceirge level only...??

I tried to read the AKL facts on the resort boards - but it is over 85 pages.

so I don't know.

I think it is only for concierge.

If you are staying in Jambo are you eligible to take this morning safari? I read something about conceirge level only...??

The Sunrise Safari is only open to AKL/AKV concierge guests.

The Sunset Safari (Wanyama Safari) is open to any AKL/AKV guest but costs more if you are not staying concierge level. The price for concierge guests is $160/person for age 10+, about half that for kids ages 8-9 (min age for this tour is 8 years old). The price for AKL/AKV guests not staying concierge is at least $200/person, maybe more -- I can't remember. It takes place at AKL rather than AK and includes dinner at Jiko.

The Sunset Safari (Wanyama Safari) is open to any AKL/AKV guest but costs more if you are not staying concierge level. The price for concierge guests is $160/person for age 10+, about half that for kids ages 8-9 (min age for this tour is 8 years old). The price for AKL/AKV guests not staying concierge is at least $200/person, maybe more -- I can't remember. It takes place at AKL rather than AK and includes dinner at Jiko.
I think the price is $210 for non-club level guests.

I'd add that the safaris can both be booked 180 days in advance.

DH and I are booked for Dec 1 Sunset safari and Dec 2 sunrise safari. Can't wait! We've done both before and love them.

Okay, Lisa, that answers the question I asked on the planning board too. So it looks like we CAN get it, it's just that MS can't do the reservation.

do you know how long the sunset safari is?

also does everyone in room need to participate?

do you know how long the sunset safari is?

also does everyone in room need to participate?

It's $210 per adult, $105 per child. We weren't asked how many were in the room, but I did book for everyone. I asked about the length of the safari and it varies 1 1/2 to 2 hours, depending on the animals, and questions, interest of the people on the safari.

Interesting tidbit...they will not book you on this for your first night at AKL or AKV, so your stay has to be 2 nights or more.

rwc

If you are staying concierge what is the cost for the Sunrise Safari and what do you get?

If you are staying concierge what is the cost for the Sunrise Safari and what do you get?
The cost of the Sunrise Safari is $55.00 for adults, $27.50 for children (3-9). Park admission is NOT included so you also need a park ticket/AP. They take you through the same area as the safari ride at AK, but they stop to observe the animals and give you time to take photos. It's followed by a buffet breakfast in AK. There is some info here: http://www.allearsnet.com/acc/faq_akl.htm

Interesting tidbit...they will not book you on this for your first night at AKL or AKV, so your stay has to be 2 nights or more.

rwc

Wrong. DH and I are booked on it for Dec 1 and we're only at AKV for that one night. Then it is on to the cruise on Dec 2 and back to BWV on Dec 6. But AKV had no way of knowing that when I booked.

We're checking in on the 1st, doing the sunset safari and dinner at Jikos, sleeping a bit, doing the sunrise safari on the 2nd, and then driving to the ship Sunday morning after breakfast at AK.

Thanks to everyone for posting this information. This is exactly what I needed. Lisa, thanks for the allears link. It had everything I needed there. Did you see the concierge room rates? After reading allears, it just made me more excited that I own at AKV's!!!!!:cool1:

Wrong. DH and I are booked on it for Dec 1 and we're only at AKV for that one night. Then it is on to the cruise on Dec 2 and back to BWV on Dec 6. But AKV had no way of knowing that when I booked.

We're checking in on the 1st, doing the sunset safari and dinner at Jikos, sleeping a bit, doing the sunrise safari on the 2nd, and then driving to the ship Sunday morning after breakfast at AK.

Well, they wouldn't let me book for Sunday, the night we get there, even though I told them we were staying at a value the night before. Are you in concierge? We're not. All I know is what I was told, could it depend on the person you get?:confused3

Well, they wouldn't let me book for Sunday, the night we get there, even though I told them we were staying at a value the night before. Are you in concierge? We're not. All I know is what I was told, could it depend on the person you get?:confused3

Concierge is a requirement to book the sunrise safari, yes. We are staying on Saturday night at the Club level for the Sat afternoon and Sunday morning safaris. It is Saturday night that you'd have to be there in any case for the Sunday morning Safari, not Sunday night.

So, can you give me details on booking the Sunrise Safari? Can you do it through MS at the time of booking your AKV concierge room? And does anyone else have input on whether you can do it if you are only staying at AKV for one night?

We prefer the BWV/BCV location (though we have loved previous stays at AKL, before we were DVC members), but I thought we could do one night at AKV concierge and then move over to BWV/BCV for the rest of the trip.

So, can you give me details on booking the Sunrise Safari? Can you do it through MS at the time of booking your AKV concierge room? And does anyone else have input on whether you can do it if you are only staying at AKV for one night?

We prefer the BWV/BCV location (though we have loved previous stays at AKL, before we were DVC members), but I thought we could do one night at AKV concierge and then move over to BWV/BCV for the rest of the trip.
You can't book the safari through MS, you must book it through AKL concierge.

Yes, you can do it if you are staying only one night but it would have to be on a day when the safari is offered.

Try this thread for more details: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1475895

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter