30 things about WDW Vacation - November wish lifestyle/weight loss challenge

I woke up this morning and wrote a long rant about how busy it is in work, how hard it is to manage work and my son on my own this week, my cold and DH being away. After that I deleted it and decided to Woman Up!

I reminded myself about gratitude. That many women where I come from didn't get the opportunities I did and I worked so hard to get where I am. That I went on 4 international, 2 of them in US vacations 2 in Europe last year, my son is going to private school, we have top private health insurance cover - only thanks to the fact that I work and I am good handling stressful situations and yes it insane in work right now that's where the years of experience kick in. We have new millennial girl (which I adore!) and so educated, I was wondering how will I compare and now i know I can see her looking up to me how I handle the situation in the last two weeks. I get to be this strong person people rely on to remain calm, and I can't sulk and hide.

Few uniflu tablets and I am ready to tackle the day and do great, in not so great situation! I got this!

I could put my head under the pillow and cry my eyes out. Horrible headache, allot of challenges in work, no time for myself and I struggle to find time for this monthly forum. My crying won't be very helpful, I need to talk myself up, roll up my sleeves and show what I made from!

You are doing a great job. We all have days like this. Hang in there it will get better.

I hate shopping, for anything. If every item I needed just magically appeared, I'd be one happy gal!!! I'm super pragmatic so have a bit of a problem buying things because almost everything is a want not a true need. I was chatting with a gal at work and she said I'm not a "gifter" I'm an "experiencer." I don't want things, I want memories. Very true. I've always told my kids "if I have to dust it; I don't want it!" At Disney we buy a pin with the year on it each time we go. I try to pick up a pair of earrings every time, too.

I usually give away my too big clothes and save my too small clothes. I haven't pulled any out recently, but my current ones are starting to get loose so may have to see what's tucked away pretty soon! It's taken me a long time to buy clothes that fit at the moment. I find it's very hard to want to spend money on myself. Even more so when I'm not feeling great about the way I look and the way things fit. Changing sizes also makes it harder. How much money do I want to spend on something that might not fit in a couple months? I'd always heard buy clothes that fit now, but it's hard. I'm getting better. My DH complains that women have all the luck because they can wear whatever to work while he's stuck wearing a shirt, tie, and jacket. What I wouldn't give to be so limited in my choices!!

In a wahoo, yesterday we had a student in medical distress and I had to call 911. My wahoo is that everyone was calm, we knew what to do (even though we'd never done it before!), and the student got what he needed and was just fine. That is a very big wahoo!

we miss you! Hope all is ok ladies! Pop in and say hi, even if you don't want to participate. Don't think we have not noticed your absence

Thank you ! I have been on a little and read some threads .. once I even started to reply in draft but ran out of time and never got back to it. I have been missing you guys as well. I have just been struggling with time, busy work and feeling tired at night ... I have really not been on the computer at night much at all lately, a little tv, time with the kids and falling asleep sometimes on the couch early - and trying to walk in the mornings means no time to check in then either!

Yesterday ended up being a very stressful day. Sunday night my daughter complained about being dizzy and then woke up yesterday morning still dizzy. I also noticed when she was walking she wasn't really using her left leg. I took her to the Minute Clinic thinking it was her ears and that she was being over dramatic about everything else. Her ears were fine but after doing some strength type tests the nurse practitioner said her left leg was having some weakness. We then had to go to our pediatrician. After doing the same tests they determined that she had a migraine. She said kids don't always get the headache with a migraine. This was such a relief. I had it my had that she had a stroke or something much more serious. They had me give her some Motrin and Bonine (motion sickness med) to stop the dizziness.

Glad it all turned out ok for her - parenting is a crazy scary wonderful ride sometimes!

your wardrobe! What do you do with clothes that no longer fit - too big or too small? Do you buy yourself clothes that fit well today, or do you hold on buying until you lose some weight?

Ugh - I do tend to wear clothes that are either too small or too big - when $$ are tight I always put kids first and will put off things for myself. When I was younger (and thinner) I loved clothes shopping ... now it is a chore and a necessity as I never truly feel great in anything anymore.

I woke up this morning and wrote a long rant about how busy it is in work, how hard it is to manage work and my son on my own this week, my cold and DH being away. After that I deleted it and decided to Woman Up!

I reminded myself about gratitude. That many women where I come from didn't get the opportunities I did and I worked so hard to get where I am. That I went on 4 international, 2 of them in US vacations 2 in Europe last year, my son is going to private school, we have top private health insurance cover - only thanks to the fact that I work and I am good handling stressful situations and yes it insane in work right now that's where the years of experience kick in. We have new millennial girl (which I adore!) and so educated, I was wondering how will I compare and now i know I can see her looking up to me how I handle the situation in the last two weeks. I get to be this strong person people rely on to remain calm, and I can't sulk and hide.

Few uniflu tablets and I am ready to tackle the day and do great, in not so great situation! I got this!

I could put my head under the pillow and cry my eyes out. Horrible headache, allot of challenges in work, no time for myself and I struggle to find time for this monthly forum. My crying won't be very helpful, I need to talk myself up, roll up my sleeves and show what I made from!

Its probably the flu that pushed you over the edge. I am more used to doing things on my own ... because I have to with a little help from my parents some days are good other days I DO cry and want to hide from it all. Its ok to have the cry sometimes, and then pick yourself up and keep going.

Its already my Thursday but I am going to WOOHOO that I had a great work day today .... I felt like I was all over it, useful and appreciated ... it also helps when kids you are working with are running up to you in the playground excitedly calling your name and launching themselves at you for a hug.

I forgot my woohoo yesterday. I am woohooing that there wasn't anything more serious with my daughter.

QmHGouO.gif

Guys, I won't get much time for this for next few days if anyone wants to post question of the day - work is insane right now!

I can step in and do one.

November 16, 2016.

I don't have a picture I like so we will just go with a questions. I don't think this one has been asked.

Question 1 -- Do you plan a day to just rest? Maybe lay around the pool or explore the resort you are staying at?

Question 2 -- Do you plan an off day while working out?

Much to what I want to do we plan a break day. I would rather be in the parks. My husband needs a day to rest his feet.

I try to get 10,000 steps a day. If I was doing more then that I would only work out 5 days and give myself 2 breaks a week.

++++++++

Things at home are getting a little crazy. My husbands grandmother fractured her shoulder. She didn't want to tells us because she doesn't want us to help her. She feels we are too busy. We are but would always take time to help her. My husband is the only one around that can help her. My mother in law is the only surviving sibling and they have moved about 2 hours away. My husband is in a way an only child. There are 21 years between him and his sister and his sister is a senior in high school and taking a full college course load as well. So it is just us. We are heading out to help her tonight. and will head out there every weekend and other days as needed. She will be in the sling for 6 weeks. If it is not healed after 6 weeks then she will need surgery. We are trying to avoid this as she had her other shoulder replaced a few years ago and it didn't go well. Plus she is almost 80 and I sure there are more risks for her with having surgery.

We never really planned entire days of rest while at WDW. We would plan an afternoon with nothing scheduled or maybe an evening. Most of our trips were a week or less, so it was go, go, go. Remember--commando mama here! It was really strange when we were there two years ago. The kids were adults and we pretty much let them do whatever they wanted. DH and I were up for rope drops while the boys slept. They'd eventually join us later. It was such an odd feeling to be there as a family yet not together all the time. So different from other trips. Heck, I remember when we first let the kids go off on their own in the parks--that was scary!

My workouts are always during the work week. Weekends are for being a sloth! All week long I've been looking forward to "sleeping in" tomorrow because the pickleball group wasn't going to play. Today a few of them decided they really are going to get a game going. Of course I said I'd play. I know I'll love it because it is so much fun. I don't even know why I was so excited to get an extra hour of sleep before the work day! I'll sleep in plenty on the weekend. Seven seems so late these days!

Good quetions
Question 1 -- Do you plan a day to just rest? Maybe lay around the pool or explore the resort you are staying at? No, never! :)

Question 2 -- Do you plan an off day while working out? Yes, but i separate activity from exercise. I can be active - walking swimming dancing yoga daily, but actual workout I do 2 or 3 times weekly only. So my rest days could end up active

I am drained from last week but it seem little breather today. I can't wait for the weekend and rest & sleep.

I am more used to doing things on my own ... because I have to with a little help from my parents some days are good other days I DO cry and want to hide from it all. Its ok to have the cry sometimes, and then pick yourself up and keep going.

I feel light at the end of the tunel right now but I need some way of switching off and resting for few hours this weekend. I am usually somewhat independent but I worked frm 7 am to 9:30pm yesterday and similar hours every day last week plus the flu, I defiantly felt the need to have a good cry - I just havent got a chance to do it yet!

17th of November

Post vacation blues - Do you get them and if you do, any tips on dealing with it?

Post vacation - getting back to normal eating/exercise - do you have any tips or strategies you use?

images

Last edited:
I am truly drained and fed up from this week. I have cold, after trying to avoid it for days. Work was busiest and most stressful since 2011. Just this time I am in more senior role, and my manager was off so I was in charge in getting us through it.

I ate over my calories two days in row. If it wasn't for fitbit and MFP this would made me feel terrible as both days I end up nearing to 3000 calories and this would have made me feeling even worse than I feel. I actually felt little down i had so many extras after dinner tonight - bread and cheese.

I looked at my days, and over all my week was in balance. The days I ate too much, came after a day I ate in big deficit and my proteins were bit on the low side. One of the things that work for me for sure is being honest and keeping track - not only when I feel I am doing great but consistently, even if it's just estimation. It's less about the actual numbers, and more about not making bid deal of few slices of bread and cheese. It was delicious. :)

In terms of post vacation eating, I am still trying to find the sweet spot in how to approach both vacation eating and post vacations. I feel I did well on 2 out of 5 holidays since i joined this forum, the holidays I tracked. I estimated, but I did spend few minutes a day to think about it. The vacations I didn't all led to small weight gain. It probably would have not been a big deal, if I had one but with 4 in the last 12 month it made difference. On return, vacations where I didn't track it was harder for me. I am honest about it, but I came back in august and it wasn't until October I actually managed to deal with it. it's not a huge deal, but it comes to show me that I can't really say it's once and done, I need to stay on top of it.

Question 1 -- Do you plan a day to just rest? Maybe lay around the pool or explore the resort you are staying at?

Question 2 -- Do you plan an off day while working out?

We don't get there as often as most of you! On our trip we did not really plan rest days - we wanted to make the most of our time there - we did have a rest each day in the afternoon back in our rooms for a short while to cool down in the air/con or pool and then head back out in the late afternoons. Once we had moved onto the LA part of the holiday one day we did the WB tour in the morning and the kids just flat out refused to do anything else until that evening - we spend the day around the pool and it was wonderful!

Unfortunately with my workouts its still a little more off than on - so I don't need to plan rest days yet - I need to stick to my workout days!

Post vacation blues - Do you get them and if you do, any tips on dealing with it?
Post vacation - getting back to normal eating/exercise - do you have any tips or strategies you use?

Well we don't get to go away on vacation very often - due to budget constraints. But I do get to have most of the school holidays off - and will be starting our summer vacation in early December. I am planning to eat healthy with a few treats.

Hello all, Ive havent been around the last few days due to migraine. I think that was a reaction from the anesthesia last week. Feeling much better now.

I don't think I get the blues after vacations. Usually I am going thru the photos and such for a bit so it is not such a withdrawl. And them I start thinking about where and when is the next trip. I was very sulky when I have had to cancel a trip. This Sept we had to cancel due to the Hurricane that hit us in Florida. No power meant we stayed here.

I have a bit of a had time getting back on track after splurges that involve starchy carbs and sugar. It triggers cravings all over again and I don't feel good at all. So too much of cake, pastries,candy,potatos,pasta...does me in.

I don't get the blues to often right after a Disney trip. I am tired and ready to be home. After our last trip (we had one in September 2015 and June 2016) I was done with Disney for a little bit. About 4 months after then the blues hit and I was ready to go back. I tend to start planning a new trip even though it won't happen. I know we are not going back until 2021/2022 but I keep looking any ways. You never know when a deal might pop up that you can't pass up.

Here I am... promise I didn't flake out on posting the QOTD for today, I haven't had external-internet connectivity until just now.

The Swiss Family Robinson Tree House is one of my favorite attractions at WDW, and a must do each trip even though its just a walk thru. Usually the upper bedroom resonates with me, as it would be so lovely to sleep up in the tree with a light breeze blowing thru. But this trip the kitchen area also caught my attention and got me to thinking about today's QOTD.

What do you like/not like about your current kitchen? What is working to support your healthy lifestyle goals and what isn't? What can you change to work better? Are there any kitchen tools or appliances you've been thinking about that would help with healthy meal preparations?

17th of November

images
I know it's popular to call ME the Tragical Express, but I am usually ready to go home by the end of my WDW trips, and that was certainly true this time, even though it was a lovely trip. The only thing tragical was having to get up at 2am to catch the bus at 3am - for a 7am flight! For some reason Disney extended their pick up time from 3 hours to 4 hours. On my first post-vacation commute to work I do usually look at the other bus riders and think "these people aren't happy..." but that didn't even hit me this morning.

I am not a fan of the Tree House. We did go through it once but it is not one I will most likely do again.

My kitchen.....Ugh I hate it. It is too small. I need more counter space and more cabinets. We are looking at redoing our kitchen in the next few years. We have decided that after our vacation this year that we are going to hold off on big vacations for the next few years and do some updates to our house. One of them will be the kitchen. We have a big picture window in our kitchen that we can't open. We want take that our and put in windows that will open and raise the windows some. With that we will add a counter top. Here is where the argument will come in. My husband wants to make it just a counter top with bar stools. I want a counter top with cabinet space. I think i might win this one. We will see.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter