I feel like there was more girls than guys when I was there but I'm not sure. And whenever a new group of CPs started, they were mostly girls. Maybe it is easier for males to get accepted. When I applied I was accepted within a few days and 3 or 4 of my female friends weren't.

As for the language thing, I don't think that it will give you a leg up in the process because they don't really care about the languages you speak until you start working and you can take language certification tests to get the languages added to your name tag

I don't see how being male/female would affect your chances at all unless we're talking about the need for certain face characters.

I've seen the DCP guy to girl ratio video on YouTube plus I joined a group on Facebook. What I notice is that there are tonnnnnns more girls than guys who apply for the program, not many guys. With the Facebook group having 1,900 members so far, I've only seen about 10 guys including me active in the community.

Is is easier for a guy to be accepted since there are less of them and more competitive for girls?

Also I am bilingual and working on a third language, Spanish, will this get me a leg up in the interview and acceptance?

multiple languages are always a plus in my book.

I've seen the DCP guy to girl ratio video on YouTube plus I joined a group on Facebook. What I notice is that there are tonnnnnns more girls than guys who apply for the program, not many guys. With the Facebook group having 1,900 members so far, I've only seen about 10 guys including me active in the community. Is is easier for a guy to be accepted since there are less of them and more competitive for girls? Also I am bilingual and working on a third language, Spanish, will this get me a leg up in the interview and acceptance?

Hiring based on gender for roles where gender is not a requirement (Bona Fide Occupational Qualification under Title VII) is illegal under US employment law. The only place where gender, ethnicity can play a factor is for face characters within entertainment as character integrity must be maintained.

If more women apply than men, theoretically more women will be hired (assuming they are all equally skilled).

Though a lot more girls apply than guys, the odds are probably pretty close for getting in for either group. If anything, girls have an edge in some areas as more character roles are for people far shorter than the average guys height.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter