34-Year-Old Man Who Died After Getting Coronavirus Had Visited Disney World

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a hard time understanding why that man and any others would have gone to WDW to begin with. We had a ban of flights coming in from China. Orlando had international citizens flying in and then public were packing the themeparks. I have medical background and knew in January that it had a strong possibility of becoming a pandemic. Now people are worrying about planned trips in June, which is highly unlikely. This is going to take months if not years to recover. Our world is forever changed.

Yeah but at the time he went was before the US was taking it seriously and things were getting shut down. For most people on those dates it was business as usual.

I was at WDW for the week before closing. I assume I was exposed. It doesn't matter to me where this one guy went because he could have exposed anyone wherever he went, who then could have exposed it to me. He could have passed it to a CM who could have passed it to me. There could have been other people infected who didn't know, who exposed me. I also went through MCO where agents have tested positive. It's more than likely, with the number of people I came in contact that week, I was exposed. Since my return, I have been quarantined in my house making sure I don't pass it on to others, just in case I was exposed.

was the “work conference” at Saratoga Springs or Coronado By any chance?
We don’t know. And tho some posters here believe nobody needs to know that I’m guessing if he were people who were also at the resort would want to know.
Countless businesses and conferences have given such detailed info to the public. Many of the excuses I’ve read here go against the science and common sense. It reeks of fans trying to protect the brand. I love Disney too but the silence from Disney (even counting the couple sentence response) in this case and the big picture has been deafening.

Anyone who is concerned about having been exposed to covid-19 from this man: it's been two weeks already. You either got it and are showing symptoms, got it and remained asymptomatic, or didn't get it from him but still could (or maybe already did and just don't know it yet) from someone else. There is no reason at this point to know where he was at any time. The time for quarantine is already over.

We don’t know. And tho some posters here believe nobody needs to know that I’m guessing if he were people who were also at the resort would want to know.
Countless businesses and conferences have given such detailed info to the public. Many of the excuses I’ve read here go against the science and common sense. It reeks of fans trying to protect the brand. I love Disney too but the silence from Disney (even counting the couple sentence response) in this case and the big picture has been deafening.

What conference he was at should be released as it has been released for others but that is about all the "detailed info" that has been released for others.

If we didn’t know about this guy, how many others didnt we know about. Just don’t get the constant DIS protection at all costs. We all love DIS but we love our families more.

What conference he was at should be released as it has been released for others but that is about all the "detailed info" that has been released for others.
That would be a good start. No argument from me there.
And difference of opinions aside, ty for all the replies. Definitely an interesting discussion.

How are we so sure that “DIS did nothing wrong”? All I know is, I was there March 13 when magically all of a sudden it was deemed unsafe to be in the parks. Did they know sooner and keep it open a week?

That would be a good start. No argument from me there.
And difference of opinions aside, ty for all the replies. Definitely an interesting discussion.

My main stance here is that everybdoy who is infected should be treated the same. Either make everybody give full details of everywhere they went public or not. Yes I know here people are more concerned about this guy because some people in this thread where at WDW near that time but that doesn't mean he should be treated differently then any other infected person. And like I said most conferences have stated the conference somebody was at so that would be appropriate. Asking disney for example to publish publically his complete magicband or ticket information for the full day would not be IMO.

How are we so sure that “DIS did nothing wrong”? All I know is, I was there March 13 when magically all of a sudden it was deemed unsafe to be in the parks. Did they know sooner and keep it open a week?
People could’ve visited the parks in January or February with it as well. Whether they closed a week earlier or not it likely wouldn’t have mattered too much.

I just think that March 13th was the day that many places such as theme parks, zoos, libraries, museums, etc....started to announce closures In North America. Not every place closed down immediately and it wasn’t necessarily because of reported cases at those places, it’s just that everything was starting to close down at that point.

I doubt this man had anything to do with that. The nation was starting to shut down at that point. Disneyland Paris had several publicly confirmed cases of employees with covid-19 and they did not shut down nor announce a shut down immediately.

The reality is, there are likely hundreds if not thousands of people at this point running around the country who are either asymptomatic and will never test positive, have symptoms but will never be tested, or who will be testing positive in the coming days. To focus on one person who you may or may not have come into contact with misses the bigger issue at this point. It might make someone feel better to know he was at Coronado while they were at Animal Kingdom Lodge, but that's a false sense of security at this point.

Until there is any sort of control of the outbreak, assume you are always at risk in public and especially in crowded public places.

Not once was it mentioned he was at a Disney hotel. Do you expect a statement from Universal? How about MCO? What about the airline he flew? Stop being paranoid. As long as you follow CDC guidelines and self quarantine for 14 days (or longer as advised) it doesn’t matter if you went to WDW or Thailand, or even just the gas station down the street.

Not once was it mentioned he was at a Disney hotel. Do you expect a statement from Universal? How about MCO? What about the airline he flew? Stop being paranoid. As long as you follow CDC guidelines and self quarantine for 14 days (or longer as advised) it doesn’t matter if you went to WDW or Thailand, or even just the gas station down the street.
No need for random insults. Paranoia has nothing to do with it. Your advice is contrary to CDC and WHO guidelines. Yes, airlines have publicly reported specific flights that carried infected persons. Some have sent email and FB blasts to people listing the specific flights. Why? Because the CDC and WHO recommended they do that. I got one from Westjet because our health agency recommended the same.
But you do have a good point; not once was it mentioned he was at a Disney hotel. Or where the conference was. Be good to know. There is still this from the CDC testing criteria:
3. Any persons including healthcare personnel2, who within 14 days of symptom onset had close contact3 with a suspect or laboratory-confirmed4 COVID-19 patient, or who have a history of travel from affected geographic areas5 (see below) within 14 days of their symptom onset.

That means there could very well be people out there who had close contact with this confirmed case, they later developed symptoms, they could be trying to get tested, it's taken some people weeks to get tested, and are being denied because they don't know they had that close contact. This information would be very valuable to them. Not sure why this is hard for anyone here to understand.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter