3rd adult fee different depending on resort

The surcharge only happens when more than two adults are booked in the room
When I booked online they asked four questions.
1. What hotel?
2. What are your dates?
3. How many adults, how many kids?
4. Any promos?
Based on your answers to these 4 questions they give you the rates and availability.
I did not try to deceive them when I put 4 adults. The rate provided should have been based on 4 adults.
When do they hit you up for the extra $280 it will likely cost me? At check in? My party will likely let me check in by myself. At check out?
I'm with Damo, I've stayed there several times by myself and never received credit for being a single adult?
I've stayed as the solo adult with one or two children. Does anyone believe that my 14 year old boy made less of a mess for housekeeping than I did?

When I booked online they asked four questions.
1. What hotel?
2. What are your dates?
3. How many adults, how many kids?
4. Any promos?
Based on your answers to these 4 questions they give you the rates and availability.
I did not try to deceive them when I put 4 adults. The rate provided should have been based on 4 adults.
When do they hit you up for the extra $280 it will likely cost me? At check in? My party will likely let me check in by myself. At check out?
I'm with Damo, I've stayed there several times by myself and never received credit for being a single adult?
I've stayed as the solo adult with one or two children. Does anyone believe that my 14 year old boy made less of a mess for housekeeping than I did?

If the email receipt says for 4 adults, then the rate will be upheld. I don't think the receptionist checks rates. If it only says for 2, then there will probably be some adjustments made at checkin.

I don't believe suites charge for extra adults so that is most likely the reason why you don't have the extra charge.

Last edited:
If the email receipt says for 4 adults, then the rate will be upheld. I don't think the receptionist checks rates. If it only says for 2, then there will probably be some adjustments made at checkin.

I don't believe suites charge for extra adults so that is most likely the reason why you don't have the extra charge.
That's good news!

Call the hotel and check with them

Since you are concered about this, better you find out how it will be handled in advance.

You want to enjoy your vacation time there and not worry about this question now.

Back in the third week of May, you posted in the other thread,

"I hope this doesn't hold true for the Villa Parlor Suite. I guess I would argue that 2 adults are in the bedroom and 2 adults are in the parlor. So it is not the same room. In fact the parlor will have its own entry key."

It was posted to you then to contact the hotel if there is not a surcharge for additional adults.

We can only state what we read on the Loews site of the policies.
We know what the basic rooms have the 2 adults free, additional adults surcharges.

Not many that post here are doing the higher end villa parlor suites.

Again, suggest you contact the hotel directly and know in advance

The confirmation email says Number of Guests: 4 so you think I'm good to go?

I would assume you are good to go. If you go into the booking site and put in 2 adults or 4 adults in the portofino or villa suites, it comes up as the same price. At Cabana Bay you do get charged for extra adults in their suites. It is only $10/adults but it does add it in. Hard Rock adds it in for their King Suite but that is just one room. Royal Pacific does not add it in for their Hospitality Suites which are more than one room. Sapphire Falls does not add it in in their multi room Suites.

I get this same result whether I try on the Loews Hotels site or the Universal Orlando site.

Last edited:
Sigh - that figures. As far as I'm concerned it's just another money grabbing technique from greedy corporates. A more expensive nickle & diming. Even with the EPs being included with RPR, that does not justify a $25 leap in a 3rd adult surcharge.

I guess I'm not following this reasoning... you would pay a LOT more than $35/day to purchase an additional Unlimited Express Pass each day for that traveler.... so even if the charge has gone up recently, it's still a HUGE savings over purchasing the EP outright.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter