3rd party tickets and dining plan

Disneychick75

DIS Veteran
It's been a while since our last trip and so many things have changed. Before I spend any money, I have a couple of questions. Searched but could not find the answers to my questions.

1.Do I have to buy my theme tickets from Disney in order to qualify for the dining plan?
2.Also, is it possible to upgrade from counter service to the regular dining plan. Thank-you!

Dining plan is not tied to tickets, but rather a resort stay at Disney. You can either purchase a full package through disney, add to a DVC stay or like mentioned above, call in and have it added to your resort only stay as a ticketless package. If going through a TA, you can ask them to book a ticketless package as well.

1.Do I have to buy my theme tickets from Disney in order to qualify for the dining plan?
2.Also, is it possible to upgrade from counter service to the regular dining plan. Thank-you!

When you purchase a dining plan, you can purchase any plan you want; there is no upgrade.

If you're talking about FREE dining, then you can pay to upgrade from the counter service plan to the regular. BUT, you cannot get a FREE dining plan without also purchasing your tickets through Disney. It is a discounted package and all components must be purchased from Disney.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!