4 nights in January - all at poly or 2 at BLT?

4 night split stay or all at Poly?

• All at Poly

Votes: 25 96.2%
  • 2 Poly and 2 BLT

Votes: 1 3.8%

• Total voters

Mainemom23

Earning My Ears
Please give me your thoughts - my home resort is Poly and I have a four night trip planned with my two daughters age 6 and 13 over MLK weekend in January. I currently have the first two nights booked at Polly and the second two nights booked at BLT. Should I keep it that way and do the split stay or waitlist poly to get all four nights in one place? We've never stayed at another DVC before. Thanks for your advice!

For 4 nights I would just do poly. Its not horrible to move (disney will transfer your luggage for you), but you still have to check out at 11am, and then check back in at 4pm. For a short stay it’s just easier to be in one location.

Also, is the BLT room a studio or 1bd? The BLT studio is teeny tiny (while the 1bd is quite roomy) and, as a blt owner, I actually prefer the huge poly studios. Plus love the salt water poly pool and overall vibe so much more.

Last edited:
There is definitely more space in a Poly studio over a BLT studio so for a studio I would wait list the Poly for your family.

Short stay, don't spend your vacation time moving to another MK resort.

:earsboy: Bill

Agree with the other posters, for a 4 night stay, just stay put. You will get a lot more enjoyment than using one of your precious days to move and be "homeless" for the bulk of the day.

IMO, the Poly Studios are the nicest in the DVC collection, all things considered. They are very roomy, have that awesome split bath, and you can easily walk to the TTC to take the monorail to EPCOT (or MK too), or walk to the Lobby to catch a MK monorail there.

Thanks friends for confirming what my gut was also telling me. I put in the waitlist to get the last two nights at Poly. Fingers crossed for some pixie dust!! :shamrock:

I love BLT but with 4 days I wouldn’t want to even waste the precious little time you have there changing resorts.

Definitely stay all four nights at Poly.

We did a split-stay from VWL to BLT a few years ago, consisting of 4 nights at VWL followed by 4 nights at BLT. It was a real hassle losing a half-day in packing, checking out, moving, checking in, and unpacking. Don't forget you also have to tip bell services twice more.

The only time we do split stays now is if we have a Disney cruise in the middle. :earsboy:

P.S. Also, as others have mentioned, there is a huge difference in room sizes. Poly studios are larger than average, while BLT studios are much smaller than average.

For that short of a trip i would just stay put in one resort. I think the girls and yourself will like getting settled in and not worrying about having to pack up and move so soon after you got there. A longer trip of 7+ days could make a split more doable.

Thanks friends for confirming what my gut was also telling me. I put in the waitlist to get the last two nights at Poly. Fingers crossed for some pixie dust!! :shamrock:

Just a reminder, if your BLT reservation uses more points than a Poly reservation, then at 30 days or less the extra points that will not be used with your Poly reservation goes into holding. So I would cancel the wait list at 31 days out. Hopefully it will come through before then. Good luck!

I love split stays, but I like to switch resort to be near different parks at different times.
I'll be at WDW for two weeks in September and I'll do:
- 4 nights at VGF for my MK days
- 4 nights at BCV for my Epcot and DHS days (hopefully Moonlight Magic as well)
- 3 nights at AKV for my AK days
- 3 nights Universal
This minimizes transport time and gives me 4 vacations in one. But I travel alone and I don't mind living out of a suitcase. For a family I wouldn't do 2 nights split stays and especially at two resorts in the same area.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter