4 people in Beach Club Studio

ckb_nc

DIS Veteran
Dad-Daughter trip next Saturday for 6 nights - daughter is a senior in college last spring break. My wife is now asking if she and my son can join (he is 16 fully grown) for 3 nights. Her thinking is by our spring break travel will be a bunch harder due to this little virus thing. Will we fit? found flights - obviously could affect our other plans but not much. It would be assume to do Rise with the son...

It will be super tight, but you can do it if you want. 3 days won’t be bad. A week i wouldn’t want to do it

BCV studio has bed, sofa bed and bed that pulls down under tv, I believe.

Yes, there’s a queen, a double sofa bed, and the pull down is a bit smaller than a twin. Will that work for you?

This is correct. I think you'll be fine, especially if it is only 3 days. It is a tight fit when the sofa beds are pulled out but it's not bad otherwise. I would pack lighter. There is not a lot of room for 4 suitcases.

It is a platform bed, I believe, which means you can't store suitcases under it. The closet will not be huge, and some of the closet space will be taken up by vacuum cleaner, fire extinguisher, ironing board, extra pillow and blanket (which in your case you might use so it won't take up closet space), broom, mop, iron and safe.

F&W we did 4 adult women - we are not small, except one of us - in the BC for 5 days. It was a great time. 2 shared the bed, one on the pull out (I found out you can request a foam topper) and 1 on the Murphy bed.

We did share 2 suitcases - one in the closet and one in the vestibule area.

Pack lightly, use a timer in the bathroom, women give up makeup and hair styling for the trip.

Have a car so I may store the luggage in the car actually...two will leave half way through

But not a lot of storage drawers anymore for unpacking your stuff. No dresser because there’s a pull out bed under the tv.

I think you'd be OK. When my brother and I were say 18 and 15, we stayed in a room with my parents at BWV, which is practically the same size as the BCV rooms, and my brother and I alternated between the pullout sofa and an air mattress we brought with us. Now they have the Murphy beds in there, which are not big enough for a 6'3" man such as myself, but a 16 year old girl should be able to fit comfortably on there.

you can always have the mom and daughter sleep in one bed and the dad and son in another... or bring an air mattress... always works for us ;)

My husband was having back issues and slept on the Murphy pull down bed for our whole vacation because the queen was too soft for him. Personally, I would take that pull down over the sofa bed any day, I wouldn't worry about sleeping surfaces, bathroom usage would be my concern but it's only 3 days so you can likely figure that out and use the bathrooms by the DVC pool if necessary during the day. We don't unpack so drawer space isn't an issue, I would just make sure everyone packs light and limits bags in the room.

It won't be bad. A little tight, but you'll have a blast. Kids won't have to share a bed. Have fun

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter