4 WDW Resorts to allow dogs

In some respect it’s about time dogs got to experience the magic! The other is that is a very steep price

Its a dog , Really they don't comprehend magic, again they are dogs. My advice to dog people , a magical day for there dog would be stay home, in familiar place where the dog won't be anxiety ridden in a strange place

I just think me and dogs have a different definition of magic. My parent's dog seems really excited to chase her tail, sniff butts, and eat her own poop...and when she get's really excited in unfamiliar places she likes to randomly throw up in corners of the room...I'd say that's magic to her. Me on the other hand....I only really find 2 of those 4 things magical...:rotfl:

Last edited:
I just think me and dogs have a different definition of magic. My parent's dog seems really excited to chase it's tail, sniff butts, and eat it's own poop...and when she get's really excited in unfamiliar places she likes to randomly throw up in corners of the room...I'd say that's magic to her. Me on the other hand....I only really find 2 of those 4 things magical...:rotfl:

We should do a quick betting pool on which two...:scratchin

Its a dog , Really they don't comprehend magic, again they are dogs. My advice to dog people , a magical day for there dog would be stay home, in familiar place where the dog won't be anxiety ridden in a strange place
I just think me and dogs have a different definition of magic. My parent's dog seems really excited to chase her tail, sniff butts, and eat her own poop...and when she get's really excited in unfamiliar places she likes to randomly throw up in corners of the room...I'd say that's
My dog just pooped all over new places. One time we went to Disney and my uncle watched over her and brought her to work the one day and she pooped as soon as she got inside.

As a former dog person (they kind of all, well went to a farm) I just like the novelty of it. Didn’t need to be ridiculed about it jack.

My dog just pooped all over new places. One time we went to Disney and my uncle watched over her and brought her to work the one day and she pooped as soon as she got inside.

As a former dog person (they kind of all, well went to a farm) I just like the novelty of it. Didn’t need to be ridiculed about it jack.

You're an adult and you used "magic" in a normal sentence...

...you deserved it, be honest...

I'm just going to beat the dead horse a little here and just say TWO DAYS????

First off, that's ridiculous for people that have already made their trips up to a YEAR in advance (that's right, isn't it? a year for rooms?)
And secondly, WHY TWO DAYS? Who is sitting at home on Friday the 13th doing nothing, reading the forums, checking the Disney website, and then sees this new business model and says "HONEY PACK YOUR BAGS AND THE DOGS WE'RE GETTING A ROOM AT DISNEY ON MONDAY"?? When do you think the first dogs are going to arrive? Has it already happened? How did those people get rooms already 2 days in advance? Were those rooms held empty for this big unveiling?

This all is just bizarre. I'm starting to see the Tomorrowland tents as genius, comparatively.

First off, that's ridiculous for people that have already made their trips up to a YEAR in advance (that's right, isn't it? a year for rooms?)
And secondly, WHY TWO DAYS? Who is sitting at home on Friday the 13th doing nothing, reading the forums, checking the Disney website, and then sees this new business model and says "HONEY PACK YOUR BAGS AND THE DOGS WE'RE GETTING A ROOM AT DISNEY ON MONDAY"?? When do you think the first dogs are going to arrive? Has it already happened? How did those people get rooms already 2 days in advance? Were those rooms held empty for this big unveiling?

This all is just bizarre. I'm starting to see the Tomorrowland tents as genius, comparatively.

It's just a simple, poorly thought out cash grab...
...I have a significant level of doubt if they even let the managers or housekeeping know.

With the money I'll save by not putting my two dogs in the doggie resort at home, and bunking them in my Disney room instead ... I'll have plenty of cash to pay for the Tomorrowland Tent! What they are offering is a BARGAIN! so don't be surprised if folks jump all over it ... once they find out. It will take some time so don't imagine we'll see big impact until after the New Years. Well, not me, I won't book those resorts now.

The bean counters and the actuaries have hit a new low in cash grabs,

...I don't think we're there yet...

Long term, I'm looking at morning/evening tickets at magic kingdom and MGM...

"Morning magic" 9-4 $80
"Twilight magic" 4-11 $90
"One day all Inclusive magicalastic combo pass" $155

...what a deal...

Maybe this "trial" is supposed to rack up enough cash to pay for the new DVC, and then they'll discontinue it.

Notice dvc isn't included at all...
Reason? The budget for housekeepers at dvc is about $0...

Dues pay for giftshop attendants and buses to downtown...pretty obvious there...

Notice dvc isn't included at all...
Reason? The budget for housekeepers at dvc is about $0...

Dues pay for giftshop attendants and buses to downtown...pretty obvious there...

Yea a lot of people have suggested that its a contractual issue that they could not do this at DVC, and I actually think there is a strong argument there, but I don't think that's the real reason, the real reason is housekeeping and maint costs.

Yea a lot of people have suggested that its a contractual issue that they could not do this at DVC, and I actually think there is a strong argument there...
Please let this be true, please be true, please be true....

DisFanDad said:
but I don't think that's the real reason, the real reason is housekeeping and maint costs.
Okay, that works too!

Yea a lot of people have suggested that its a contractual issue that they could not do this at DVC, and I actually think there is a strong argument there, but I don't think that's the real reason, the real reason is housekeeping and maint costs.

Dvc owners like to think they have an ironclad agreement...

Are you kidding? The way that contract is written they can change anything they want. You can sue them...in orange or Osceola county, Florida...

...good luck.

Here's what I have seen (first hand)

So they had one early "hybrid" dvc built - boardwalk - and then they did two add ons to existings...

In BOTH add on cases...they diverted keepers from the original and took on net zero new housekeeping costs - more or less - after increasing rooms through dvc. It was negligible. That's "money for nothing" in the hotel biz.

At conversion spots...like the poly specifically and wilderness...you have to think that's a reduction...cha-Ching!

You're moldy towels sitting on the balcony for 4 days saves them lots of cash.

The fact they avoided dvc for dogs...and there has GOT to be a market for the southern belt that drives...tells me they still spend nothing on dvc housekeeping and haven't figured out the shell game to do extra cleaning yet. You can't have dogs in rooms and not clean them for 3 days at a clip.

It's not a court injunction...it's common sense.

I think they have no problem with not cleaning a dog room for days to a week. That's exactly what will happen. Owners will put out this Pluto Do Not Disturb sign and they will not disturb it ;) I loved the part I read somewhere that you can call to arrange a housekeeping time. Yes they'll be right over LOL

I think they have no problem with not cleaning a dog room for days to a week. That's exactly what will happen. Owners will put out this Pluto Do Not Disturb sign and they will not disturb it ;) I loved the part I read somewhere that you can call to arrange a housekeeping time. Yes they'll be right over LOL

...I hear ya...it's ridiculous.

What they don't want are "all day cleans" upon checkout...they just aren't staffed to handle it.

And not only that...a week is a long time for a dog to do damage... the owners may not even know about.

When I was a kid...my dog would disappear for hours and we couldn't find her. It took months to realize she had separated the lining on the bottom of a box spring...taken a blanket up there and "nested"...animals think on a different level.

This is the kind of confusion that is going to get people in trouble. I want to be clear I'm not talking specifically about you, I'm just using your post to provide some important information because you brought up 2 very different things in your post. You probably know this already, but a lot of people don't. ESA and Service Dogs are two separate things. I know Service Dogs can also be ESAs, but ESAs are not, by definition Service Dogs. So places where Service Dogs are allowed, ESAs are not. Disney, of course, plays this game somewhat, though every trip I seem to see more ESA animals masquerading as Service Dogs. How do I know? Because tiny stroller dogs don't make Service Dogs. Nor do dogs that are pulling on leashes, looking around at crowds, acting excited, or not being focused on their job. I don't care what the vest someone bought online says. The dogs don't have the size, skills, or temperament. Not all Service Dogs are Goldens or Labs or Shepherds of course, but they do tend to be from the more trainable and sociable breeds.

Disney seems almost afraid to make that distinction these days, allowing more ESAs masquerading as Service Dogs into the Parks. By policy, pets and ESAs are not allowed in proscribed resorts, parks, restaurants, certain transportation and more. Service Dogs, and Service Ponies oddly enough, are allowed in all those areas and I wish Disney would be more diligent about this.

Again, I'm not referencing you specifically here at all, because I don't know you at all or your dog or your situation! I'm just saying, because this is one of those issues that drives me nuts as a dog person. An ESA does not have Service Dog privileges, and if someone is treating an ESA as a Service Dog that person is not only breaking the law, but also doing a disservice to people who really need Service Dogs. ESAs do not necessarily have the training and skills that Service Dogs receive, and are generally not trained and certified to be in a complex, confusing, crowded, loud, unfamiliar, chaotic, and startling environment. Like... say... Disney World. All it takes is one ESA masquerading as a Service Dog going nuts during fireworks to create problems for people that really need to have dogs with them.

Ok. I've thrown my soap box away and we can all go back to discussing the joy of having pets locked in hotel rooms while we run to Chef Mickey's for Character Breakfast, MK for a full day of 3 scheduled FPs, CHH for lunch, whatever FPs are left to gather in the afternoon, a Mickey Bar for dinner, popcorn with the fireworks, one mad dash to 7DMT during the late night parade, and back to clean up the pile of poop Fifi left in the room, and a lack of towels because Housekeeping wouldn't come in.
The towel issue gets me everytime. They need to papertowels in the rooms so people can clean up animals messes. Who would want to use a towel (i dont care how many times its washed) after someone has cleaned up feces and urine with them??? I hope for all that is good that if a cast member comes across these feces laden towels that they throw them away instead of putting them in the giant washer.

The towel issue gets me everytime. They need to papertowels in the rooms so people can clean up animals messes. Who would want to use a towel (i dont care how many times its washed) after someone has cleaned up feces and urine with them??? I hope for all that is good that if a cast member comes across these feces laden towels that they throw them away instead of putting them in the giant washer.

:crazy2::crazy2::crazy2:

I have to say, I was really suprised at the amount of uproar and outrage on several pages on this topic on FB. I did want to share my thoughts here, as this board (per the norm) is a lot more level headed and I genuienly enjoy reading your thoughts.

My first thought was this was pretty cool, I would love to have my dog with me on vacation! The more I thought about it though, I realized that it probably wouldn’t be too much fun for my dog! I would feel horrible leaving him in a strange room while I was out enjoying the parks, even if it were only for a few hours. He’s super quiet, hardly ever barks, but alone in a strange environment, I would not be at all surprised if he acted out and whined or barked, so then I’d worry about other guests enjoyment. It would really only work out for us if we stayed with him the whole trip and didn’t leave him in the room alone, but then we’d miss out on a lot!

Unless they have another one of those bring your dog to MK days, at which point the trip would be solely built around my dog, we will definitely be passing on this. Although I do hope they expand the pet merchandise with this…the current selection is lacking and my dog already has all the current toys!

I have an Alaskan Husky who is basically my kid. At least once a year we take a vacation with the sole intent to take him and go on adventures. (Hiking in Colorado, Canada, etc.) I am 100% in agreement with this last statement. I think a dog day would be AMAZING! But until that day comes there is no way my best boy is coming with me to Disney. It wouldn't be fair to him. When we take him with us to pet friendly places and I have to leave him for even 20 mins to run to a Wal Mart or something I get anxiety. What if he gets nervous and acts out? What if housekeeping stops in. What if he suddenly develops separation anxiety and decides to destroy the curtains or something??? I know that may not be reasonable, but that is how my entire day would be in the park. Yay! Space Mountain - but what if Norman is ripping off the curtains??? Yay! Peter Pan - but what if Norman drank all of his water and is thirsty and lonely??

Honestly, the best solution would have been to build a pet resort. Each room allows two pets, there can even be a cat building. They can do it value style but charge AOA suite prices. This way all the pets are in one resort only. Very easy to stay away from if you want, it can even have it's own Magical Express bus.

You don't have to have a pet to stay there, but you will pay a premium for the room anyway. I'm sure it'd be sold out.

All the rooms can be built for the type of abuse that pet's provide. I really think that is the best solution.

This could be amazing! Give it some fun themeing like the other values - a giant Bolt or a giant Lucifer or something - throw in some fun meet & greets with some of those characters and it could be a blast! Love this idea!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!