40% off SSR

RoseGold

DIS Veteran
I just got a targeted email for 40% off cash bookings for SSR, you have to call to book, yuck. Dates are now (10/23) to 11/5 and 12/13 through 12/25. You can book for "family and friends."

If SSR is this empty that they are offering this kind of discount on a Christmas stay, there are going to be a lot of points floating around for 2021...

I just got a targeted email for 40% off cash bookings for SSR, you have to call to book, yuck. Dates are now (10/23) to 11/5 and 12/13 through 12/25. You can book for "family and friends."

If SSR is this empty that they are offering this kind of discount on a Christmas stay, there are going to be a lot of points floating around for 2021...

When I saw the discounts being offered I thought the same thing, but when I checked for a week at OKW, renting at $15/point still saved $1000 over the discounted rate.

When I saw the discounts being offered I thought the same thing, but when I checked for a week at OKW, renting at $15/point still saved $1000 over the discounted rate.

I agree, the 40% off the rack rate is not a good deal, I don't know if anyone even pays rack rate, just sounds good.

I agree, the 40% off the rack rate is not a good deal, I don't know if anyone even pays rack rate, just sounds good.

40% off is not a bad thing for someone who is not DVC

Since it’s family and friends, for someone going without the discount it’s not bad

But for DVC members? No not cheap enough for early December when points charts are low

For me, it's a harbinger of what's to come for the point rental market. As Disney increases the quantity and amount of the discounts, it makes the point rental market prices less attractive, especially now that so many are much more aware of the risk involved. That, along with the reluctance to travel in general will result in rental prices coming down.

There's an AP offer for a 2-BR at OKW for around $470 a night and a 1-BR for $330 in January 2021. Seems cheaper than renting points and comes with no risk.
We stayed in 1BR OKW last Dec with free food. Room was $550 weeknights and $700 weekends... averaged out to exactly $600/nite and with free food for 4ppl basically like a $300/day credit, the room cost $300/nite. Very similar in discount looking at it that way.

We've rented points for our Jan '21 trip but 99% likely we'll be booking thru WDW for the following annual trip, assuming there's decent offers.

For me, it's a harbinger of what's to come for the point rental market. As Disney increases the quantity and amount of the discounts, it makes the point rental market prices less attractive, especially now that so many are much more aware of the risk involved. That, along with the reluctance to travel in general will result in rental prices coming down.
I agree with this. I also think it could lead to a slowdown in DVC sales. If cash stays are relatively attractive for the next year or two, I may delay buying the second DVC contract I’ve been thinking about. I’m primarily interested in 2042 resorts, and I can’t help thinking that once you get under 20 years left on the contract, prices will be past their peak.

There's an AP offer for a 2-BR at OKW for around $470 a night and a 1-BR for $330 in January 2021. Seems cheaper than renting points and comes with no risk.
Agree. We just booked 1 BR spring break timing at Saratoga (through dreams unlimited) at about $500 a night (including tax). Cheaper than renting. Utilized 40% AP. No risk as well since we can cancel.

I have a feeling there will be sweet deals to be had on rental points/confirmed reservations as we head into 2021 (we basically stole points for a December trip). We were looking to buy DVC but are waiting due to the point situation and what will unfold in the next few years.

40% off is not a bad thing for someone who is not DVC

Since it’s family and friends, for someone going without the discount it’s not bad

But for DVC members? No not cheap enough for early December when points charts are low
If I'm reading the dates right this means cash booking can book dates before DVC members are allowed this can't be right surely ?

If I'm reading the dates right this means cash booking can book dates before DVC members are allowed this can't be right surely ?

Cash bookings have opened until the end of 2021, but typically, DVC rooms do not show up for cash guests until after the 11 month window for owners.

I have not tried it, just from what I have read reading other threads on this board.

I've rented points in the past (when I'm out of ours!) as it has been a great deal. But since we are still on the fence about going in December we booked a one bedroom cash discount at SSR. This way I did not have pay for a reservation we may or may not use.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter