5 nights / 4 days what to do with extra day

KCmike

Never have fallen asleep on any
We have an extra day on our shorten vacation to Disneyland (1st time there). I would really love to drive as far north as possible on that extra day. Should I do that or take in the Hollywood scene or drive south? What would you do?

We are spending 3 days in D'Land and that fourth day is free.

Oh yeah...

We are a family of five. Three kids 13,10,10.

We have taken side excursions to Laguna Beach. I love that beach. It is an artsy area and beautiful. Your kids would love it. It is between LA and San Diego. I know that isn't north and you preferred going north. Often the water is too chilly to get completely in this time of year. But they get in to their knees and play in the sand all day. The city is neat. It is a nice relaxing day after spending so many days in the park.

We have also been to Hollywood on a side excursion. It is neat to see the walk of fame, the famous theaters, etc. But not much more to see than that. Some of the area wasn't that nice. Interesting to go to once.

Where at in Laguna?

Is there a specific exit to take?

I know the kids would love to buy some beach junk and hang out all day.

I can't remember what exit to take. We were on Pacific Coast Highway and just stopping here and there at several beaches such as Huntington (good for surfers), Newport, etc. But when we finally made it to Laguna we liked it better. Less seaweed, etc. People were on the sidewalks oil painting. And there is a small cliff that overlooks the ocean. The kids enjoyed it in the evening when the tides went out. In the evening, there were several tide pools where anemones, starfish, etc. were caught in the rocks. Wear shoes. There was metered parking in the area.

If your kids are looking for a place to shop, you might pick another beach. Most of the shops are up on the cliff and not as readily accessible as shops in other beaches. Beaches such as "muscle beach" have shops near the sand. But that beach isn't necessarily kid friendly. But it is fun for people watching.

I don't know much about the northern beaches. Someone else will have to tell you about those.

I want to go to laguna and Del Coronado on a weekday trip. Shoudl we leave very early in the morning or around 10am?

When is the worst of the traffic?

Laguna Beach is at least an hour or more north of San Diego, which is where you will find the Hotel del Coronado. It's on the Pacific Coast Highway.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter