50th Anniversary Question

NatalieF

Earning My Ears
Hi everybody!

My name is Natalie! I have been avidly watching the Dis Unplugged for 3+ years, and this is the first time I have actually set up an account on the Dis Boards! I am excited to talk with everyone.

I will be making my ticket and hotel reservations in the coming days for the 50th anniversary on October 1st. My question is, with the current park reservation system, what are your options to change/cancel a ticket reservation? If I reserve my tickets for the parks on the weekend of October 1st, but need to move them to a later date, how far out will I be able to use them? And maybe a dumb question, but are there any ticket exchanges if you are not able to go on your trip?

Thank you for your help!

Welcome Natalie! I’m so jealous you’re going for the 50th anniversary!

The old policy was that you could change or cancel your reservation up to 30 days in advance of your trip. Right now with COVID, until Dec. 31, 2020 you can cancel or change up until the date of check-in. TBD if they will extend that into 2021.

In normal circumstances, you would make advance dining reservations (ADRs) 6 months in advance and fast pass reservations 90 days in advance. I don’t have an upcoming trip so I’m not sure how it’s currently working, I know many of the restaurants were closed and I think you need to reserve the park ahead of time now. Hopefully someone else can chime in on that!

At this point, if you're unsure of your dates I would book a room+ticket package. That way if you need to cancel the ticket cancels, too, and you don't have to worry about moving ticket dates and any price changes.

Park reservations can be changed at any time, you just need an active ticket to be able to make them. They don't even link to a specific ticket, if you do have more than one in your MDE.

Also as of now, ADR's (advanced dining reservations) are only 60 days out, meaning you can't make any dining reservations until you are 60 days from the day of check in at the resort.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter