50th Anniversary WDW

LINDATHEPOOH

Mouseketeer
Maybe it’s me but I’m having a devil of a time trying to find out when the 50th celebration will start. I’d like to get my res in ASAP. I even checked my 2021 WDW calendar. All I found was MK 50th is Oct 1 but not WDW. Any help would be so appreciated. Also, apologies for being dumb!

Maybe it’s me but I’m having a devil of a time trying to find out when the 50th celebration will start. I’d like to get my res in ASAP. I even checked my 2021 WDW calendar. All I found was MK 50th is Oct 1 but not WDW. Any help would be so appreciated. Also, apologies for being dumb!
There’s no new info out yet, but this would be a good place to keep track of things as they come out.

Just today, WDW opened resort and park pass availability for Oct-Dec 2021.

With the Coronavirus being in-flux until a vaccine becomes available, I think Disney will wait as long as possible to announce anything, just in case the vax process takes longer than expected and WDW is unable to hold some or all of the events they want to for the celebration.

That makes sense since MK was the beginning of everything. Thanks so much for your help!
well technically MK, Contemporary, Fort Wilderness and Poly opened Oct 1st 1971, thus making it the WDW resort. As for the 50th plans nothing has been announced yet, they could celebrate from January to December, from October 2021 to October 2022 or just on October 1st 2021

Just booked a 6 day trip around 10/1/21 and reserved MK for 10/1. After having to cancel two trips this year it's nice to have a tip to look forward to.

Wondering the same thing as we may try to plan 2 trips in 2021 to make up for our missed Aug '20 trip.

The rumor this summer was ... and it's only a rumor ... that Disney originally intended to kick off the 50th event around Memorial Day for the Summer season, but because of Covid and construction delays, on headliners like the Tron and GOTG coasters, it will kick off on Oct. 1. Either way we can expect it to run 12+ months

Whether the former was true, we may never know, but considering the state of the travel, I believe it is safe to assume the 50th won't kick off until Sept/Oct next year.

Last edited:
The rumor this summer was ... and it's only a rumor ... that Disney originally intended to kick off the 50th event around Memorial Day for the Summer season, but because of Covid and construction delays, on headliners like the Tron and GOTG coasters, it will kick off on Oct. 1. Either way we can expect it to run 12+ months

Whether the former was true, we may never know, but considering the state of the travel, I believe it is safe to assume the 50th won't kick off until Sept/Oct next year.

I have a rebooked trip for this coming April, (that was supposed to happen last April, then November, now next April) and if it gets pushed out again, our ticket vouchers will expire late Sept.... So..... from a very selfish perspective, I'm really hoping you are correct with September.... :)

I also have tickets from a cancelled April trip that expire in Sept. However, I think that you still get a credit for the price of the tickets even if used past Sept 2021. Let me know if I understand that wrong.

Our family took our first trip to WDW in May 1972, so I am definitively targeting early summer of 2022 as our "50th Anniversary" trip. I considered moving our current April 2021 trip to October 2021 but may be cancelling for 2021 entirely given the delays in some of the "50th Anniversary" projects...

I kind of hate to think about the large crowds that may be associated with the 50th anniversary along with increased crowd capacity (possibly being allowed to be at 75-100% by that time).

I kind of hate to think about the large crowds that may be associated with the 50th anniversary along with increased crowd capacity (possibly being allowed to be at 75-100% by that time).

I think that will depend on the control of the virus. If the virus is well controlled and majority of Americans vaccinated, you bet the crowds will be huge! Disney has a bunch of ground to catch up...

We booked a first time trip with Grandkids Oct 4-11. Didn't realize it was the 50th until having trouble with making reservations... Sure am hoping that there is still a cap on crowd levels at that time if we are still in mask...considering rescheduling the trip for later!

I also have tickets from a cancelled April trip that expire in Sept. However, I think that you still get a credit for the price of the tickets even if used past Sept 2021. Let me know if I understand that wrong.

Our family took our first trip to WDW in May 1972, so I am definitively targeting early summer of 2022 as our "50th Anniversary" trip. I considered moving our current April 2021 trip to October 2021 but may be cancelling for 2021 entirely given the delays in some of the "50th Anniversary" projects...
The same here! My family went on our first WDW trip in May of 1972 as well. So I'm working on a 50th Celebration trip for 2022. Hope your trip is wonderful!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter