5am can't sleep.

Luv0fDisney

DIS Veteran
It's 5am and I can't GET to sleep. I have been up practically all night. I can't seem to get to sleep. I took a total of 5 advil pm and 2 melatonin and still can't GET to sleep.

I feel so freakishly weird. It feelslike my heart is surorunded by air and is pumping extra fast. I feel 'high" but I don't take any medications. It's like I don't know where I am but I do.

I just hate this. :(

Was this only for last night/this morning? I never sleep - I barely get two/three hours. I usually just get up around 4/4:30 am. I hate it. It was suggested I take the sleep apnea test and most recently prescribed Ambien. I threw the prescription out. I hope it's just an "age" thing.

Not sure I would have taken 4 advils and two melatonin but I have taken Nyquil and Advil PM or Benadryl and something else. Still wake up after a couple of hours. :( My mind is going 24/7 with "life" and the more I know I can't sleep, the less I sleep.

I am only 25 and can't sleep. I just wish I could sleep for one night and wake up refreshed instead of feeling numb 24/7

I've been having problems sleeping for the last several weeks but I know that I have some anxiety going on, plus I'm in my late 40s and doing the perimenopausal thing so it is hormonal.

It's too late now but I would advise not taking SO many Advil PMs. First, if you just want the drowsiness, you don't need the Advil portion. You just need the "PM" portion, which is Benadryl. The Advil portion can do a number on your stomach and you won't even know it. So go get some Benadryl and take the maximum dose recommended. If that doesn't work for you, more is not going to work either. It's going to have a reverse effect and probably cause you anxiety and elevated heart rate. It works great for some people and not at all for others. It doesn't sound like it's working for you but exacerbating it.

Do you have anything that you are anxious about?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter