6 year old Universal?

Shacka1

Hakuna Matata
Hi Guys!

For our next trip we would like to incorporate Universal into our Disney trip. I have a 6 year old, she would be 7 by the time we go again. I just want to make sure she would like it, if not I'll just do Disney w her while the boys do Universal.

Here are the rides she loves the most for comparison:
-Seven Dwarfs Mine Train
-Slinky Dog Dash
-Everest

So she loves rollercoasters but nothing too crazy!

Would there be enough for her to do there?

Thanks in advance!

Yes, is the short answer.

Sounds like she would really enjoy Universal. Have a check of the website and see where they have the rides listed. You know your daughter and what she likes and doesn't like.

She may like the Mummy. It`s a coaster with immense theming but not too rough and wild. It`s fast. There are many things she would probably love.

There are shows and entertainment around the parks too, and some rides for younger kids that adults and older kids too....

https://www.universalorlando.com/web/en/us/theme-parks/islands-of-adventure

Yes, is the short answer.

Sounds like she would really enjoy Universal. Have a check of the website and see where they have the rides listed. You know your daughter and what she likes and doesn't like.

She may like the Mummy. It`s a coaster with immense theming but not too rough and wild. It`s fast. There are many things she would probably love.

There are shows and entertainment around the parks too, and some rides for younger kids that adults and older kids too....

https://www.universalorlando.com/web/en/us/theme-parks/islands-of-adventure
Thank you so much! I have to say Volcano Bay looks pretty awesome!

I just got back from our first trip to Universal. I have to say, I wasn't impressed. The HP areas were very well done. I liked them. Even on our only medium crowd level days though, they were PACKED by afternoon. The rides were fine, but by the end of the second day they all felt the same - sit in a car of some type, move around a bit, and watch something on a screen.
I'm glad we went (mostly for the HP aspect), but I don't plan a return trip. My kids liked it, but aren't begging to go back either.

My daughter will be 6 this Saturday and we've gone on 3 trips in the past year (with one coming up in May). She loves Universal. Her favorites are all the Harry Potter rides, Kong, Spiderman, Jurassic Park Transformers and the various play areas (Jurassic Park and Fievel play area). She also loves the Seuss area but may outgrow it soon.

We go for 4-5 days at a time and always stay onsite. This makes a huge difference in enjoyment because of easy access to the park, the wonderful atmosphere of the hotels, and FOTL passes (only at the premier hotels).

I just got back from our first trip to Universal. I have to say, I wasn't impressed. The HP areas were very well done. I liked them. Even on our only medium crowd level days though, they were PACKED by afternoon. The rides were fine, but by the end of the second day they all felt the same - sit in a car of some type, move around a bit, and watch something on a screen.
I'm glad we went (mostly for the HP aspect), but I don't plan a return trip. My kids liked it, but aren't begging to go back either.
Thank you for your input! I have to older boys who will love the rollercoasters. But maybe I'll just plan on one day with my 6 yr old

My daughter will be 6 this Saturday and we've gone on 3 trips in the past year (with one coming up in May). She loves Universal. Her favorites are all the Harry Potter rides, Kong, Spiderman, Jurassic Park Transformers and the various play areas (Jurassic Park and Fievel play area). She also loves the Seuss area but may outgrow it soon.

We go for 4-5 days at a time and always stay onsite. This makes a huge difference in enjoyment because of easy access to the park, the wonderful atmosphere of the hotels, and FOTL passes (only at the premier hotels).
Thank you for your input! I think the Dr Seuss stuff may be too young for her, she will be 7.5 by the time we go and she already is more into rollercoasters. But other than that it looks pretty good! Volcano Bay looks awesome

Really depends on the person. I still ride the Dr Seuss rides, and my 20-something DD still likes the Seuss playground.

Really depends on the person. I still ride the Dr Seuss rides, and my 20-something DD still likes the Seuss playground.

Agreed! I love the theming of the Seuss area and enjoy the trolley. The play area has a lot of fun interactive surprises.

My 6.5 year old loved it. He didn’t even do everything he could (he was tall enough for a lot but things spooked him) and still loved it.

The rides were fine, but by the end of the second day they all felt the same - sit in a car of some type, move around a bit, and watch something on a screen.

gotta pick the order of your rides with care sometimes...

The timing of your trip, if you just got back, was during the Mardi gras celebrations. YES it’ll be busy for that.

I think the Dr Seuss stuff may be too young for her

ummmm, doubtful? My kid is 15 and a typically developing one at that, and wouldn’t balk at all about most Seuss rides.

Grandson and family were down for a visit 4 weeks ago and great granddaughter who is five loved Universal. We stood her by the height measuring pole before entering the park and the only thing she was not tall enough to ride was RRR and Mummy.

She loved Seuss area. She rode all the rides there and she rode ET, MIB, Escape from Gringotts, Minions, FF, Transformers, Shrek. She loved it all.

The character interaction was also awesome and she absolutely loved the Mardi Gras parade.

Your 7 year old will have plenty to do.

My 6 year old grandson had a choice between Magic Kingdom and Universal today. They had great fast passes: seven dwarfs, space mountain and something else. He chose Universal, the last update I got they had rode 17 rides. He’s done all the parks multiple times, Universal is his favorite.

If your 7 year old meets the height requirements and likes rollercoasters, I think she would enjoy it. My niece is 7 and loves Harry Potter, but is scared of many rides and is on the shorter side. Because of this, I told my sister-in-law I thought it would be best for her wait another year or two - both so that she's taller and hopefully less afraid!

My son loves Universal and just turned 8. He went twice at 7. He loved E.T., Simpsons, Nuthouse Coaster, Fallon, Despicable Me, and Transformers at USF. He loves everything he's tall enough to ride at IOA.

If your 7 year old meets the height requirements and likes rollercoasters, I think she would enjoy it. My niece is 7 and loves Harry Potter, but is scared of many rides and is on the shorter side. Because of this, I told my sister-in-law I thought it would be best for her wait another year or two - both so that she's taller and hopefully less afraid!

I think this is a very good point.... height requirement! Check this out for height requirements... https://www.universalorlando.com/we...it/hours-information/ride-height-requirements

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!