7 Day Western C. Cruise Planning

NEDisney

Earning My Ears
Hello all,

You guys have been so awesome with great recommendations on my last post I have another big question for you DCL Veterans! I would like to try and pre-plan for activities on the boat.

1)I know there is a Pirate Night, and a Formal dress night. Are these always the same nights on every cruise (if so ..when are they)and are there any more theme nights/events I should be aware of?

2) I'm hearing about these fantastic shows like the Beauty and the Beast. Do they offer only that one show for the whole trip or are there several shows..and are these shows offered every night of the trip? I think I heard something about show times being offered with an early show and a late show.

I know i want to plan dinner with my wife at Palo a few nights and will be trying to book reservations early 75 days in advance in my case and I don't want to book dinner on Formal Night for example or during a show time.

Thanks in advance!!!

Hello all,

You guys have been so awesome with great recommendations on my last post I have another big question for you DCL Veterans! I would like to try and pre-plan for activities on the boat.

1)I know there is a Pirate Night, and a Formal dress night. Are these always the same nights on every cruise (if so ..when are they)and are there any more theme nights/events I should be aware of?

2) I'm hearing about these fantastic shows like the Beauty and the Beast. Do they offer only that one show for the whole trip or are there several shows..and are these shows offered every night of the trip? I think I heard something about show times being offered with an early show and a late show.

I know i want to plan dinner with my wife at Palo a few nights and will be trying to book reservations early 75 days in advance in my case and I don't want to book dinner on Formal Night for example or during a show time.

Thanks in advance!!!
1) Formal nights (on cruises longer than 5 nights) are usually the second night (first sea day). Semi-formal is night 6. Pirate night can be either night 4 or 5. Some cruises have a Star Wars night. Others a Marvel night. And Pixar night (or, maybe Frozen now).

2) Each ship has 3 productions shows. For the Fantasy it's Aladdin, Wishes, and Believe. On the Dream - Beauty & the Beast, Believe, and Golden Mickeys. Magic - Dreams, Tangled, and Twice Charmed. Wonder, Frozen, Dreams, Golden Mickeys. There are two shows each night. They are roughly at the same time as the dinner seatings. So, if you have early seating for dinner, you'd go to the late show. Late seating goes to the early show. Generally show times are 6:30 and 8:30. But can vary.

Following...
We are going in late Oct for the Halloween cruise. Is there an extra charge for Palo, other than the alcohol, for dinner? I, too, would like to make a couple "special" nights for my wife. This is our 2nd DCL and first w/out kiddos...

Following...
We are going in late Oct for the Halloween cruise. Is there an extra charge for Palo, other than the alcohol, for dinner? I, too, would like to make a couple "special" nights for my wife. This is our 2nd DCL and first w/out kiddos...
We did the Palo brunch and then on another cruise did the Palo dinner. We both preferred the brunch and will not do the dinner again. I think the charge is $25 per person, plus drinks and tip.

I think the price of Palo went up? Isn't it $30 now for dinner and possibly brunch? We didn't do Palo on our May cruise, so I am not sure.

Thank you so much for the replies. From what I have read about Palo it sounds like it is well worth the extra expense.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter