7 month booking questions

Greg36

Mouseketeer
I have a booking for two weeks at AKL (Oct-Nov 2018). I have my two daughters, wife, and myself on the booking. My hope is to switch up to a week of this booking for another resort at the 7 month window. I have points for this so I am hoping I can just add the week (if anything is available) online at 8 am and then call later in the day to drop the corresponding part of my AKL reservation. Are you able to hold two reservations at the same time for the same dates? For people who have some extra points (without needing to borrow) is this how you would make a 7 month reservation or would you do it differently? Also, I have used 2017 points for my existing AKL reservation and I would be using some 2018 points to book the new 1 week reservation at 7 months so does anyone know if MS is easily able to reallocate points in a situation like this (to ensure all 2017 points get used first on the final booking) or would it be pretty complicated?

Thanks, Greg

Are you able to hold two reservations at the same time for the same dates?

Yes. I would recommend just having one name on the new booking until you drop the old, and have it be a variant -- if your name is "Gregory Joseph Smith," and your first room has Gregory Smith as lead guest, put the second as GJ Smith as lead.

Yes - I did something similar to switch from BWV to BLT. I was piecing together BLT little by little - on CM noticed and said I "shouldn't" be holding 2 reservations in the same name, but let it slide anyway. @_auroraborealis_ tip to use a name variant is helpful.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter