7 or 8 day hoppers?

yipee

Mouseketeer
Hello again!

I was just wondering if anyone here is buying or has ever bought 7 or 8 day hoppers? Last year, we went for 5 days, and there was still tons we wanted to do. This year we're going for about 8 days so that we can feel a little less rushed. I see the longer hoppers are hard to find. Any suggestions on where to get them? The only place I've found them so far is GetAwayToday. I live in Canada...

Thanks again everyone! I LOVE this board! :love:

For that long of a stay, you may want to consider just purchasing an annual pass. If you are going during off-season, you could get the cheaper one that has black out days. If you plan to go to DL again next year, plan to go just before your AP year ends and you can really get a lot out of your AP. Also, AP holders are entitled to certain discounts, so it is worth looking into.

We bought 8 day hoppers for the price of 7 through Getawaytoday. They send you a voucher for the hopper passes, which we took to guest services outside the park gates the evening before and exchanged for our passes. Other than their mailing fee, there were no extra taxes, duties/customs charges etc. We had no problem at all and found them to be a better value for us than the annual pass, as we were only planning the one trip in the year and the annual pass had blackout dates in effect over the time we were there. Having the longer amount of time was great as the hoppers didn't cost that much more than the 5 day ones and we could go in and do stuff earlier in the morning, spend the afternoon swimming or sightseeing elsewhere and go back in the evening if we wanted.

Thanks CanadaMom! That's good news, because we were pretty sure we're going to use them for the 8 day hoppers. I just wanted to see if any one else sells them (trying to do my due diligence...) Even with the $35 shipping fee, and conversion rate, it's still better value than the 5 day ones we can get here! Airmiles has vouchers too, but they only go up to 5 day... Thanks for the feeback! Every little bit helps!

Denise

Yipee, I did a ton of research and they were the cheapest I could find. I'm wondering if the shipping fee went up, though. I'm sure we didn't pay nearly $35 (and they charged one shipping fee on the whole order, not per hopper pass..we also got Seaworld passes through them as well). Have a great time!

We were going to only get 5 day hoppers this year for our trip, But when we checked the price against 8 day hoppers, we found out it would only be 60.00$ more total for 3 people for them!! So we bought the 8 day hoppers and will use the extra 3 days at our leisure. (like...after a day at the beach while we are there) I say go for the 8 day hoppers! :thumbsup2

We just ordered the 7 day tickets from Getawaytoday and are leaving in 3 weeks. I did not want to take the chance they would not make it here in time, so we are just picking them up at the will call booth by the ticket booths at Disneyland. When are you going YIPEE? As they also have the kids free ticket if your children are under 10. For a family of four ME, DH, DD 7, DS 5, it only cost us $408.00 US total for 7 days. Great Price!!! That includes the $10 Handling charge. :banana: :banana:

Thanks for the Alberta feedback again! Wow, I'll have to check on the fee! I don't know why they told me $35? I guess maybe I'll call them. Thanks for letting me know! Unfortunately, we aren't going until May, so we miss out on the kids play free promotion... :sad2:

Denise

Hmmm. I just called them again, and they confirmed that it is $35 to ship to Canada. Bummer. Maybe you only paid the $10 because you're picking it up at will call? Any advice? Thanks!

Yipee, I'm sure we only paid $10US as well, and that was to have the vouchers sent to our house. That was in Nov/Dec/05 that we ordered them. Are you doing hotel booking through them...maybe that's the difference?We ordered tickets only. Their website states $10 handling fee on ticket only orders...can't figure out why it'd be $35 unless they've changed something and haven't updated their website?. :confused3

I had e-mailed them about ordering from Canada and they said it would cost more to send to Canada. They did not say how much, but this could be the $35.00. We were still charged the $10.00, even though we are picking up the tickets at the will call. Still worth it! I guess if you want to save $25.00 US, then pick them up at the will call booth in May. That is a fair bit of money you could spend on a meal or something!!

Thanks guys! Your feedback has been great! We're not going until May, so I think I will wait and order later, then I can double check the shipping fee then with a different agent. I'm not hopeful, though, because they emailed me with that rate, and have confirmed that on the phone twice. Too bad. i can't figure out why it's so much more? Maybe the courier they use, hey? CanadianDisneyMom, when you get back let us know how it went picking them up electronically if you can!

Thanks again! You guys are great!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter