$82 a point for OKW- Wow!

SL6827

DIS Veteran
Fidelity has two OKW contracts, 30 point and a 60 point one for like $82 a point. Wow!

I don't think Disney will be buying up any ROFR anytime soon. They will need all their cash they have for other purposes.

Will have to wait and see what happens. We weren't going to buy anymore but have to think about it if things go really low.

Today is the first day I've seen cheaper contracts showing up at dvcresalemarket. Up until now a lot of resorts have been listed more expensive than I was seeing in January.

Today is the first day I've seen cheaper contracts showing up at dvcresalemarket. Up until now a lot of resorts have been listed more expensive than I was seeing in January.

Generally they allow the owners to list at ridiculously high prices at least for VGF and other resorts I looked at. I know it’s the owners choice in the end but the brokers could advice about the price or even refuse to list if the price is too high. They instead took the listing and perhaps hoped it would sell or the seller eventually would come down. IMO poor business practice.

I know it has been asked about the possibility of the dues skyrocketing next year or the next, but who really knows. Get an awesome price on a resale and then really pay for it with an increase in the dues. Could happen or not.

I know it has been asked about the possibility of the dues skyrocketing next year or the next, but who really knows. Get an awesome price on a resale and then really pay for it with an increase in the dues. Could happen or not.
there's a cap on how much they're allowed to raise the dues though so can't go above a certain amount.

there's a cap on how much they're allowed to raise the dues though so can't go above a certain amount.
That is good then. I don't think they would go over the top crazy, but I was surprised at the rise of OKW dues this year. I guess that is what I really meant. Is the cap a certain percent?

That is good then. I don't think they would go over the top crazy, but I was surprised at the rise of OKW dues this year. I guess that is what I really meant. Is the cap a certain percent?
yes it is a percent but I don't remember off hand what percent.

I think it’s 15% cap on increasing operating expenses. No cap on property tax increases because that’s out of DVC’s hands (although they do fight what they consider unreasonable value assessments, etc.).

Will owners receive a refund for transportation cost their dues paid for the period the resort was shut down?

Will owners receive a refund for transportation cost their dues paid for the period the resort was shut down?
Any excess dues not used to cover resort costs is usually voted to go to capital reserves. So yes you do get a refund but it goes towards that (lowering what needs to go in later). Any shortage for all resorts is covered by DVC.

Exactly, like staying in business! (They do have a lot of debt)

Your right that $71.3 billion dollar deal for 21st Century Fox may be the reason Bob Iger exited stage right and went into the Witness Protection Program. This virus couldn't have come at a worse time financially for them.

It’s my understanding that during this crisis everyone at Disney Still gets paid when sent home.
The advisory on WDW's webpage says the parks and resorts are closed through the end of the month and then says "The Walt Disney Company will pay its cast members during this closure period." (Bolding added by me.)

If the closure period extends past the end of March, I would not be surprised to hear that Disney is laying off cast members.

The advisory on WDW's webpage says the parks and resorts are closed through the end of the month and then says "The Walt Disney Company will pay its cast members during this closure period." (Bolding added by me.)

If the closure period extends past the end of March, I would not be surprised to hear that Disney is laying off cast members.

Ohh you might be right. I wonder if the same goes for those CM’ that work at the DVC resorts? Btw are they hired by DVC directly or Disney which then forward the invoice to DVC?

Ohh you might be right. I wonder if the same goes for those CM’ that work at the DVC resorts? Btw are they hired by DVC directly or Disney which then forward the invoice to DVC?
I have no idea - but if CMs at non-DVC Disney resorts are laid off, I can’t see any reason that DVC resort CMs would not also be laid off.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter