9 hour layover in Paris, is DLP an option?

DisneyandBeerLover

Mouseketeer
I have the opportunity to have a 9 hour layover in Paris (CDG) on my way to Nairobi. It would be from 10:45am-7:45pm. Is it possible to make a quick 2-4 hour trip into DLP? If so, any recommendations on how to get to/from DLP the quickest? Should I buy my ticket ahead of time? Is rush hour(s) something to be concerned about?

I wouldn't recommend it.

There is a direct train between GDC and the TGV station at disneyland but they cancel them at the drop of a hat and you can get stranded. Has happened to em twice travelling back to the Airport from the East of France with a change at disneyland and I get there and the train is cancelled with no news on when there will be another. Only option a taxi at more than 100 Euro.

I have the opportunity to have a 9 hour layover in Paris (CDG) on my way to Nairobi. It would be from 10:45am-7:45pm. Is it possible to make a quick 2-4 hour trip into DLP? If so, any recommendations on how to get to/from DLP the quickest? Should I buy my ticket ahead of time? Is rush hour(s) something to be concerned about?
Unfortunately not. From CDG to DLP is between an hour and two hours each way, depending on wait times etc., and that's not counting getting through passport control, getting from the train station to the main gate and into the park (which takes longer than it seems like it should), and reversing the trip in time to get back into the airport and through their godawful disorganized security screening in time for your flight...2 hours at the park would be about right. And frankly that's not enough time to see things, even if all you want to do is wander around admiring the beauty of the park and not ride anything. 9 hours is enough to spend a bit of time in the city itself, and I would recommend that if you're stuck with a 9-hour layover. As awesome as it is to see DLP, and as gorgeous a park as it is, that short of a layover would be really pushing it - and I'm someone who loves to use a layover as a way to see another city.

I have better experiences with the train, only got cancelled in case of major disruptions or announced strikes. Train takes 10 minutes, but the schedule is irregular. By bus it takes 45-60 minutes. There is a regular schedule, but it has to match when you arrive. From that point of view, a car service between 70-100 euro would be more reliable to get you to DLP as soon as you get out of customs. Travel time should also be around 45 minutes.

Is 10:45 when your plane lands in Paris, or when you think you will be out of customs?

I think, yes, it's doable, for a couple of hours, will it be a nice visit with all the rushing around? That's up to you to decide. :)

I have better experiences with the train, only got cancelled in case of major disruptions or announced strikes. Train takes 10 minutes, but the schedule is irregular. By bus it takes 45-60 minutes. There is a regular schedule, but it has to match when you arrive. From that point of view, a car service between 70-100 euro would be more reliable to get you to DLP as soon as you get out of customs. Travel time should also be around 45 minutes.

Is 10:45 when your plane lands in Paris, or when you think you will be out of customs?

I think, yes, it's doable, for a couple of hours, will it be a nice visit with all the rushing around? That's up to you to decide. :)

10:45 is the scheduled arrival time. I’m okay with it only being for a few hours. I would want to do some shopping as part of it, I’m a quick shopper though. The part I’m honestly most worried about is carrying around whatever I get from Paris for a few weeks in Africa.

Then technically, you don't have to go into Disneyland Paris when shopping is your main goal ;)
Right outside the entrance is Disney Village, and you have World of Disney, which has almost everything you can get in the park :)

Then technically, you don't have to go into Disneyland Paris when shopping is your main goal ;)
Right outside the entrance is Disney Village, and you have World of Disney, which has almost everything you can get in the park :)

It's only part of what I want to do, I'm hoping to at least ride Phantom Manor

I think in the best case scenario, you should be at the park around 1, and I would leave around 5, as there might be rush hour traffic on your way back. You do not have the problem of taking your luggage with you. When you get out of customs there is a Marks & Spencer shop near where the bus & cars depart, if you take the train there should be a Relay at the train station, here you can grab something for lunch while you wait and eat lunch on your way over. Buy your ticket via the app (which you have downloaded already) and scan when get to the park.
It should give you time to shop and do some rides, Depending on the time of your rides like Phantom Manor and Pirates usually have a decent waiting time. If you can and are lucky with the waiting times for a coaster, or can grab 1 fast pass, I would chose Big Thunder Mountain.
Try to control yourself and only bring souvenirs that fit into your handluggage (so try to have an empty handluggage bag with only your passport and essentials like medication), otherwise you have to go via check in again to check an extra bag, which takes extra time.

I hope you will travel in Business or at least Premium to get a little bit more rest on your first flight than you would get in Economy :)

Last edited:
I think it's doable but remember CDG often gets rated as one of the worst major airports in the world for security and how awkward it is (Berlin is the worst). Its very possible to do pirates, btm and phantom manor in an hour if you get a fast pass for btm.

I don't think I would travel all that way in such a short time. I would be in a panic, especially when you see how far away your going. You would probably only have a good 2 hours in the parks after it's all said and done to get back and through customs again. I'd definitely go into the city for a few hours and hit the bakeries but DLP is way out on the other side of the tracks so to speak. Even the city isn't close to the airport but it's far more doable than Disney IMO.

If money is no object you can do it, but realistically, you need to be back three hours before your flight, which gives you six hours. It will take 2 hrs to get there and back, maybe 1.5hr if you got the right trains. Instead I would recommend the Champs de Elysee for shopping, they have a Disney store, and city sites, the Arc de Triomphe is near here. It will be a 30ish-45ish min or so commute,which gives you time to eat and explore.
I stayed on an on site airport hotel for my 22hr layover and it took 2.5 hours to get from my hotel to the gate. You need to give yourself a lot of time to get back through security. London-Heathrow is the only other airport worse than CDG (and maybe ties) for horrible connections.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!