I really think they are trying. Hawaii is on lock down till end of April. We live on Kauai and it's going to be tough for anything to happen on island as far as excursions. Also not to much people here are fans of airlines and cruises coming during this pandemic

I really think they are trying. Hawaii is on lock down till end of April. We live on Kauai and it's going to be tough for anything to happen on island as far as excursions. Also not to much people here are fans of airlines and cruises coming during this pandemic
Y'all doing okay out there in Kauai?

On Kauai. It's going okay 12 total cases of the Corona. We just have been getting hammered by the rains this past week. Pretty much no tourist on island due to island and state shutdown of everything. We are booked on this cruise and hoping for the best. The next update Disney cruise does will probably include our sail dates so let's hope for the best

On Kauai. It's going okay 12 total cases of the Corona. We just have been getting hammered by the rains this past week. Pretty much no tourist on island due to island and state shutdown of everything. We are booked on this cruise and hoping for the best. The next update Disney cruise does will probably include our sail dates so let's hope for the best
Glad y'all are okay. Yup, hope for the best

My husband and I were really hoping to sail on this cruise or the May 8th departure but couldn’t get a cabin. When we finally noticed cabins opening up, this virus was starting to take hold so we opted to not book. I was so disappointed as I am for all of you who have real bookings and are waiting to hear.

The port of Vancouver, as you know, is shut down and my understanding is that SAN Diego is not accepting ships. I just can’t imagine these cruises going.

For those that say they will still go, are you not worried about ending up like the Zandaam? I feel so incredibly awful for those people.

Yeah I don't so much think this is them trying to make this cruise happen as just spreading it out so that their phone lines aren't clogged any more than they already are. As other people have pointed out there are ports closing and the borders closing and the quarantine in Hawaii. I'm sure Disney doesn't want to be liable for an outbreak on the boat either, something they've BARELY escaped right now (since that person that got sick was right after their Disney cruise). But we're basically into April now and they're saying that the peak might not even be until June at this point.

There's no way this cruise is happening and its maddening that there hasn't been an email at least giving a basic timeline as to when we might know.

Yeah I don't so much think this is them trying to make this cruise happen as just spreading it out so that their phone lines aren't clogged any more than they already are. As other people have pointed out there are ports closing and the borders closing and the quarantine in Hawaii. I'm sure Disney doesn't want to be liable for an outbreak on the boat either, something they've BARELY escaped right now (since that person that got sick was right after their Disney cruise). But we're basically into April now and they're saying that the peak might not even be until June at this point.

There's no way this cruise is happening and its maddening that there hasn't been an email at least giving a basic timeline as to when we might know.

Quite possibly. They've had about 14 cases off the Wonder in San Diego I believe. They're probably so slammed right now that that's why they're spanning it out. We hope for the best, but also realize 99% that it's not happening. I'd rather be able to get through when the time comes after the email than trying now and getting frustrated because I can't be helped. I think it's the best option right now for the company and the guests. We always have the right to cancel of our own accord and then not have to wait for their email.

My husband and I were really hoping to sail on this cruise or the May 8th departure but couldn’t get a cabin. When we finally noticed cabins opening up, this virus was starting to take hold so we opted to not book. I was so disappointed as I am for all of you who have real bookings and are waiting to hear.

The port of Vancouver, as you know, is shut down and my understanding is that SAN Diego is not accepting ships. I just can’t imagine these cruises going.

For those that say they will still go, are you not worried about ending up like the Zandaam? I feel so incredibly awful for those people.
I'd figure that if they allow the ships through than it must be safer than were lead to believe. I don't think Disney would allow it if they felt their brand and guests weren't on the line.

Is DCL offering anything other than the 15 month rebooking window for the cruises that They have cancelled?

So the real question here is
"Is it more advantageous to wait for Disney to cancel the cruise before cancelling this cruise ourselves?"

Is DCL offering anything other than the 15 month rebooking window for the cruises that They have cancelled?

So the real question here is
"Is it more advantageous to wait for Disney to cancel the cruise before cancelling this cruise ourselves?"

That's what we're thinking: more advantageous to wait for them to cancel. Maybe, because this is such a diamond in the rough cruise for them, they'll offer a better incentive for those who booked? Just a thought.

I think if we pull out... credit toward a future sailing is all they will offer. Perhaps some additional onboard credit due to the unique circumstances. They will have to offer a full refund if (let’s be honest.... when) they cancel. That’s the main reason we’re waiting it out.

anyone concerned about the coronavirus hitting Hawaii big time before we are set to sail? I am not ... YET

I assume that if there is a serious breakout that DCL would still cruise out of Vancouver, but go somewhere else ... Early Alaska or back down the west coast (Seattle, Astoria, San Francisco and back)
Remember this post??? Just about 50 days ago but feels like a whole lot more. Crazy

Honestly at this point I'm not sure any cruise lines will survive this whole thing. And I don't know that I want to risk using a credit to rebook if they could go under. I know Disney is thought of as too big to fail but...their parks are closed. We have no idea how long this will last. If it will be a yearly thing. If there will ever be a vaccine. So I think we'll wait for Disney to cancel and take a refund.

We did too. 😢 Only problem is none of the other cruises in 15 months work with our work and school schedules. So, looks like we'll be taking the refund and spending our money elsewhere.

Last edited:
We did too. 😢 Only problame is none of the other cruises in 15 months work with our work and school schedules. So, looks like we'll be taking the refund and spending our money elsewhere.
Sorry to hear that.... the email said the credit will automatically show up in our account. It’s not there yet. We’re considering the eastbound Panama Canal cruise

The credits are already on your account if you call in. I didn't even have to wait on hold this morning.
Anyone know how they will refund us if we choose that?

Sorry to hear that.... the email said the credit will automatically show up in our account. It’s not there yet. We’re considering the eastbound Panama Canal cruise
We were looking at that as well, but we think our daughter has testing in school so we won't be able to.

They will refund you to the last form of payment you used to pay for your cruise: credit card, gift card, etc. If you have lost your Disney gift cards, they may be able to re-issue you a digital gift card (and what a balance that would be... yikes! But it is far more versatile than cruise credits.)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter