A banking question

MaryJ

<font color=660099>Believes in Tag Gremlins, not T
I think I all ready know the answer to this, but just wanted to check with the "experts."

Last May, when we joined DVC, we banked all of our 2000 VWL points. We did this because we had all ready taken our WDW vacation at spring break, and because we planned on using our banked points together with our 2001 points for the cruise next summer. Now, because we plan to host a foreign exchange student, we cannot go on the cruise since we can't take her out of the USA. We plan to go to WDW instead. Now the question: My DD would like to stay at BWV. I had originally thought I would get a ressie at VWL (our home) at 11 months and then transfer the ressie to BWV at the 7 month window if possible. From what I understand on these boards, if I use the banked points for the ressie, I will not be able to do this. Is this correct?

No, I don't think you have that correct unless I am really missing something in your question. As long as the reservation is for a stay during your 2001 use year you should be able to cancel the VWL reservation and make the BWV reservation at the 7 month window.

You should book WLV and then change over if available. The points will be good from the start of your use year for one year (into 2002) and if their good for WLV, they'll also be good for BW. I suspect you're hearing about the transfer limitation where you can't tranfer banked points. That's different than what you're asking about. The tranfers that can't happen with banked/borrowed points is actually transfering points from one person to another.

Thanks everyone! You're right Dean, I was totally "cornfused." I live in corn country too, Dr. P! Maybe it rubs off!

I think you just have to make sure when you book BWV that you tell them specifically to use the points from the VWL ressie.

That at the 7 month window, it may be totally booked so go with your plan and get your home resort booked at 11 months.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter