A before covid experience “First time and forever” Frozen sing along

Nickylv

DIS Veteran
I wrote this on a first trip my wife and I took without our family. This was just the two of us before Covid hit in 2019. I just wanted to share this experience. Our childen and grand children are all grown But we do still take them all with us almost every time. Hope you enjoy my experience…
It was a few weeks before we were leaving on our trip to Disney World when my wife asked me to check the itinerary that she planned for our trip. This would be the first time we were going to Disney world without any family members, just the two of us. As I was looking at all the activities she had planned for us I noticed that she had a fast pass for Frozen, Sing Along. well we have no small children or grand children any more so I am not up to date on the latest children’s movies from Disney, in fact I only saw the movie Frozen a few years ago because we were going to Disney World with the family and I thought it best to see the latest large grossing movie Disney just had put out, Since I knew that everything in the parks will be about frozen I felt I should know a little about what I was seeing. Now a few years later I don't remember much about the movie and we are now going to a “sing a long”. Not happening. I told her I thought she should cancel this part of our trip and reschedule it with something I would be familiar with. No she said, because she had read nothing but great reviews from it. so for the next few weeks I kept joking with her, I would move my mouth and ask her what do you think I am doing? She would say that she did not know and I would tell her that I was practicing my frozen songs for the sing a long, jokingly. Soon we were at the Studios and it was approaching the time we had to be at the show, Boy was I dreading this. We were now at the theater doors waiting for them to open, the kids next to us were screaming and crying, in back of us a mother was holding her child and he was slapping her in the face, their was so much commotion going on that my wife said if the doors don't open in one minute we will just leave since she knew how much I did not want to go to this show. Darn, the doors opened up just as the last word came out of her mouth. My wife motioned to me to head for a row far away from the crying and screaming kids and soon we sat down. I had no idea what to expect and just wanted it to be over before it even started. a small little girl was sitting next to me and must have eaten ants for lunch since she was tossing and turning and moaning and groaning and of course kicking me the whole time as we sat waiting for the show to start. My wife could see I was not happy at all. She asked me if I wanted to change seats with her and I said no this little girl will just be kicking you. soon the show started and low and behold it was not just a movie but there were actors and from the very first song that little girl next to me sat straight up and began singing like she was competing for first place in American Idol. I looked around and all the little kids were singing their hearts out never missing a word, in fact, singing words I know they had no Idea what it meant but they were right on the whole time. The actors on stage were amazing going back and fourth with each other like a fine tuned machine and the kids were just having the time of their lives and the little girl next to me, well I forgot all the kicking, knocking into me and moving in positions that if I were to move around like that i would end up in the hospital in traction. i was in awe that she knew every word, every inflection in the words, perfect tone and just sat there like a princess. when it was over I had a big smile on my face, my wife asked me what I thought and I told her that it was excellent. I walked out of there just amazed how fantastic the actors were and how much fun the kids were having singing, obviously their favorite songs from the movie. If you haven't seen it yet, Go. If all your kids and grand kids are older now, Go, it will bring back all the times when they were small and you played the Disney VHS tapes over and over again till they were almost worn out and you found yourself singing all the songs and mouthing all the words with your kids. it was great fun. see it.

We LOVE this show. We saw it for the first time right after Thanksgiving in 2018... we were also on the fence about going... our boys were 2 and 3 at the time and had only recently discovered Frozen. We were chatting with another family while in line for another attraction and they said we should def. check it out, especially around the holidays because they do a few extras for the xmas season. I remember my eyes getting teary watching my boys during the show :)

We LOVE this show. We saw it for the first time right after Thanksgiving in 2018... we were also on the fence about going... our boys were 2 and 3 at the time and had only recently discovered Frozen. We were chatting with another family while in line for another attraction and they said we should def. check it out, especially around the holidays because they do a few extras for the xmas season. I remember my eyes getting teary watching my boys during the show :)
Thanks for sharing your experience, that was really nice.

It is many years later and I wanted to share this experience from years ago and ask if anyone knows if this show is still going on and if it is…could it be as good as it was years ago? Enjoy

From this-
I had no idea what to expect and just wanted it to be over before it even started. a small little girl was sitting next to me and must have eaten ants for lunch since she was tossing and turning and moaning and groaning and of course kicking me the whole time as we sat waiting for the show to start. My wife could see I was not happy at all.
To this-
I had a big smile on my face, my wife asked me what I thought and I told her that it was excellent. I walked out of there just amazed how fantastic the actors were and how much fun the kids were having singing, obviously their favorite songs from the movie. If you haven't seen it yet, Go.
Great story and quite an endorsement! I have avoided seeing this show for all of the reasons you stated above. But honestly you have changed my mind. I am going to check it out this fall. :-)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter